1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election Day 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Master Baiter, Nov 3, 2020.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This is the funny part of the voter fraud thing that Trumpanzees never acknowledge. The risk/reward for any individual just isn't there. One vote, even 50 votes is meaningless when you could be charged with a felony.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Even if you send out a mail in ballot and you vote in person, the mail in ballot will be discarded. You already have your name attached to a vote. The states keep track of that. So yes, you can send a mail in ballot and vote in person. It's just one or both of your ballots will be discarded and there is a chance for an investigation if they think it was not an honest mistake.

If you vote in person, you notice they check off your spot in a large binder full of registered voters and their street address.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. Nook

Nook Member

Blah blah blah.... blah

[​IMG]

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You sound ridiculous, the incompetency of the Trump administration has been widely reported on by numerous outlets.

You just can't get over the democrats did not elect who you wanted and are lashing out at any and everything.

The Trump incompetency was a main point by Biden and everybody else during the election, I bet you are really upset that Trump is not winning, so you can tell everybody I told you so.

RayRay10 and CometsWin like this.
  6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Right. I was agreeing with you. Basically mail in voting has been previously available it's just something that is being done by magnitudes more than previous elections but states have safeguards to ensure duplicate voting does not happen.

RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yup. And the opportunity cost to take the risk just isn't worth it. One added vote for a potential felony and imprisonment. Just not many humans that exist that think that's a worthwhile endeavor.

jiggyfly and London'sBurning like this.
  8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Watching the wing nut cavalry meltdown as we speak...

ME LOSE? THAT'S UNPOSSIBLE!

Ziggy, Dgn1, RayRay10 and 4 others like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Upset that Trump isn’t winning? Not even gonna waste my time with this post

RayRay10 and the11mingdynasty like this.
  10. Lil Pun

NYT has Georgia tilting blue at the moment

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I think you need to read his post again.

RayRay10 and the11mingdynasty like this.
  12. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

What an embarrassment to us all. And this embarrassment has a TON of support, and might just squeak out a re-election.

What a time to be alive.

RayRay10, zeeshan2 and Yung-T like this.
  13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

As a European, it's entertaining but sad at the same time. Truly a country of memes.

14. Nook

Nook Member

It is about what I expected.

Democrats now run on the idea of being "the good guys".

The problem is that people are more selfish and in some cases more self interested.

For example, long term COVID is going to hurt the democrats.

The Republicans will blame all the economic issues on democrats (and many democratic lawmakers under estimate the impact).

Most people are not going to think "I would have died from COVID".

The Democrats need a candidate with an edge ideally.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

While Trump might not win this election, he over performed...and that overperformance likely has given the GOP the senate.

Now, if things hold and Biden wins and the senate is still red, it's a problem you deal with and you hope to flip it 2022 and maybe there is a Trump-less effect on conservatives like there was an Obama-less effect and the Dems can perform better in 2022 and beyond but....

Trump has to be given some kind of credit, or I should say his campaign, he was holding rallies left and right and their ground game apparently was extremely good and they knew what tf they were doing and who to target.

I mostly agree that Clinton took the blue wall for granted and Biden should win but Trump's over performance is relevant here, it's delivering the senate back to the GOP when the Dems were favored and should have won the senate.

DVauthrin, RayRay10 and Nippystix like this.
  16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

BIden's down a half million in Pennsylvania. Why on Earth do they seriously think they're going to make that up? Crazy talk.

Andre0087 and RayRay10 like this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What should that message be and what message can be greater than the incompetence shown throughout the covid epidemic.

Democrats did talk about how to make lives better and definitely did not talk identity politics that was all from Trumps side.

Did you and Reeko even listen to what Biden campaigned about?

Y'all sound just as upset as the Trumpers out here, makes me wonder about the real shy trump voter.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Because there are more than 1.5mil ballots left and so far Biden has won these mail-in ballots by roughly a 4:1 margin.
    He'd be up by more than 100k votes if that roughly continues.

RayRay10 and DonnyMost like this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Bernie Sanders, always A1 since day1.

20. Lil Pun

I believe it was reported there are 1.4 million more ballots to be counted and they expect those to strongly favor Biden. If Biden takes 70% of those, he overtakes Trump's current lead but even without that he is in shape elsewhere to claim victory.

RayRay10 likes this.