1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election Day 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Master Baiter, Nov 3, 2020.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don’t think she’d be a Trump lackey. I suspect all the justices, even the Trump appointees, look at him and the way he conducts himself with total contempt.

RayRay10 and TWS1986 like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

5. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

BREAKING: Trump's lead in Georgia is now down to 665 votes only!

joshuaao, RayRay10, TWS1986 and 5 others like this.
  7. hooroo

hooroo Member

WTF happened to Maria Bartiromo? She even looks the part she plays now, ie batshit crazy.

joshuaao, mdrowe00 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That was refreshing, also impressed in that debate that was linked in the same tweet chain.
    Clearly states her policies, political standpoint and with factual numbers dismantles her opponent.

Democrats should give her a bigger role.

RayRay10 and HP3 like this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Dems definitely need a progressive from the south or Midwest to Sherpa the rest of the nation towards something actionable and make it sound unthreatening.

I want to say it would be something Clintonion but further left and hopefully less greasy.

A progressive from coastal states mostly gonna get primaried or marginalized by national leadership.

Chomsky criticized the Biden primary nod as the establishment choosing to retain power over giving the selection to someone who could win over the country's heart. DNC pressure through endorsement of pivotal black leaders and some late game Obama magic gives this some credence.

I think the losses on the lower levels reflect this and the out of touch pickle the party is in right now.

#4329 Invisible Fan, Nov 6, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    joshuaao, RayRay10 and TWS1986 like this.
  10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

joshuaao, RayRay10, IBTL and 7 others like this.
  11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Watching Trump losing the lead in Georgia and Pennsylvania is like the watching the Texans getting up on the Chiefs and knowing the Texans won’t hold the lead and powerless to stop it. Just accept your fate....

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Georgia will only get him to 269. IIRC. PA it is.

Make America Wait again.

RayRay10 and malakas like this.
  13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

14. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

You wouldn't have imagined that Trump became Republican candidate 4 years ago, and you wouldn't have imagined that Trump managed to gather so many proud and open supporters throughout those 4 years. You would have thought that any candidate would have beaten Trump easily, especially with COVID19 hitting US so hard and for so long. But guess what, IF without the virus, Biden wouldn't have stood a remote chance, because the way CA has been going is frightening to normal Americans. And yet, Biden had to pick Harris. It says a lot about the current state of the country, but it also reflects the current Democratic leadership (if there is any). The extremists have hijacked the party, and the "leadership" will tolerate anything in exchange for vote, just like GOP did with Trump.

I blame the current election system.

dookiester and RayRay10 like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Biden didn’t have to pick Harris anymore than Trump had to pick Pence or Obama had to pick Biden.

The selection of a VP is always used as a way to solidify a weakness a candidate has or to reassure a particular voting block. For example, Obama wanted a white older steady VP to reassure older white voters. Donald Trump needed a quiet evangelical to assure the evangelicals in his party.

joshuaao, RayRay10, TWS1986 and 2 others like this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Biden likely chose Harris because they're connected and he doesn't have the energy to choose someone he can't trust. He definitely didn't have the largest pool of candidates after his promise but he kept it likely with Harris as fallback.

There's a moment in Chapelle's routine where he ends up talking to California's political elite. Newsom and Harris are in the room. Harris hands her phone to Dave to leave a message to this up and coming Senate candidate.

That man was Barack Obama.

I'm not sure who would've been the home run vp candidate. We'll definitely know more about Harris if the projections are true. I personally think she's a chameleon. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm not afraid of her policies rather I'm looking for her character and spine. Quite easy to subvert or cripple policy with all the dark money flowing around.

joshuaao and RayRay10 like this.
  17. Rudy

Rudy Member

Colbert would be a much better President than Trump, and that’s not saying much. Any good person is better than a dictating d******d.

RayRay10 and TWS1986 like this.
  18. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

When I say "had to", I didn't mean it was not a deliberate choice, but rather he tried to pick someone a lot more aggressive/progressive to attract Bernie and Warren supporters. But to me, Dems weigh on whether you are progressive enough at the primary. But now you are against Trump, it's simply anyone but Trump. He should have picked someone moderate to attract independents. For Trump supporters, even if Joe picks up Ivanka, he couldn't have won them back. Joe is not the youngest and fittest, some people are very worried about the far left, and I am one of them.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Biden takes lead in Georgia. Leading by 917 votes at the moment. CNN and MSNBC haven't even updated their viewers yet. Lol

Yung-T, RayRay10, daywalker02 and 3 others like this.