1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election Day 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Master Baiter, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Rudy

Rudy Member

2. malakas

malakas Member

There is a huge crowd of traitors gathered outside of the counting centre in Phoenix WITH GUNS.
    They are intimidating the employees and they forced the centre to close down.

Fascists.

Dgn1, Nook, IBTL and 4 others like this.
  3. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I do understand that. But IMHO it doesn't matter if America is Homogenous or not. To me it is simple, if we believe that every person should be equally important and we live in a democracy, the majority should decide. So every vote should count the same.

To me this isn't linked to Trump being president the last 4 years while losing the popular vote. Because if we didn't have the EC he would probably have had a different campaign which might have secured him the popular vote. To me the whole base of the vote of some people being more important than others is just stupid.

On top of that during election year suddenly swing states are more important and more influential, politicians focus on issues that are important to swing states (since they already secured the votes in other states). For example the way Trump has treated blue states (since they would never vote for him) would happen less if every vote counts the same.

4. Buck Turgidson

Thanks.

Guess I should turn my tv on.

eta: nope, cnn is full of crap

RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

In the last 30 odd years, globalization and the tech boom have largely benefitted cities and coastal states while old school manufacturing has broken down. Rust belt states that were solidly blue are now up in the air, and for good reason. Hillary lost because she couldn't hold those blue states down.

I assume if our leaders just focused on the winners or most populous parts of the country all the time, we probably would have more civil unrest or even wars right now.

Now I don't believe Trump has done much for those areas but the nature of the system puts those places in play.

RayRay10 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Great, let's just call AZ with Biden's current lead, idiots. Good lord I am sick of the dumb.

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I guess it's just very tribal: they are trying to will a Trump victory by force. There is no reason or logic in it. Their very identity as cult members is being threatened by reality.

1. Biden is ahead in AZ but we need to finish counting votes in an orderly fashion.
    2. LET'S STORM DA VOTE COUNTERZ NAWH! MAGA!
    3. ????

Will enough decent people stand up for basic democracy and the completion of a legal election? I would hope so.
    The so-called president could help, of course, but nobody is holding their breath for him to do the first graceful thing of his miserable life.

Dgn1, IBTL, RayRay10 and 9 others like this.
  8. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Their numbers are growing exponentially.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

CLAP!!
    CLAP!!
    DEFENSE!!
    CLAP!!
    CLAP!!
    DEFENSE!!
    CLAP!!
    CLAP!!
    LOCK HER UP!!
    Wrong chant dummy! We want the buzzer beater chant!

RayRay10 and arno_ed like this.
  11. Sajan

Sajan Member

FIFY

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

Trump supporters protesting to stop the count when Biden would win in those states cause he's in front... Do they even realise that?

Dgn1 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Very forward thinking and progressive of them.

Dgn1, Reeko, RayRay10 and 6 others like this.
  14. Sajan

Sajan Member

Soon they might let penisless humans vote

15. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...and it only took them a little more than 120 years to do it, too.

...keep making progress like that...

...and we should all be back in the stone age in no time at all...;)

16. Senator

Senator Member

??

you do realize BLMers were taking to the streets of DC and other major cities when Trump was in the lead last night, getting into fights, breaking windows and property, chanting "Burn it all down" if Trump wins? kind of what theyve been doing for the past 5 months and pretending it was about violent criminals deserving a 15th chance? this is the kind of behavior the media promotes and gives a platform to.

17. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

18. foh

foh Member

call the national guard in. law and order.

19. Buck Turgidson

Hey, it wasn't all that long ago that their church decreed that black people were not human beings.

Who knows what sort of progressive stuff they'll think about 100 years from now?

FranchiseBlade, Dgn1, Nook and 4 others like this.
  20. foh

foh Member

Property can be restored. Fights happen. Counting presidential election votes only happens once in four years and needs to be completed no matter what. Your whataboutism is inappropriate right now.

FranchiseBlade, Dgn1, IBTL and 2 others like this.