1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election Day 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Master Baiter, Nov 3, 2020.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think there is a decent chance GA will be having two runoffs for the senate.

RayRay10, joshuaao, Deckard and 2 others like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

3. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Thank you sir for sharing, you are a scholar and a gentleman.

Replying just in case anybody missed it on page 116, they can see this comedy gold here. Or watch it again, it's that damn good.

"We built a diverse coalition of white people in militias and white people NOT in militias"

"Don't cry Jared"

4. Mr. Space City

Black people is places like Detroit, Atlanta, and Philly might win it for Biden. He better keep that in mind if he wins. Democrats have been taking the black vote for granted.

#2624 Mr. Space City, Nov 4, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
    RayRay10, Nook, joshuaao and 9 others like this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump lead in GA down to 39K. Might need to wait for NV

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

I don’t disagree. I think things are unbalanced and the country needs to really search its soul to determine who we are and where we’re going. Reading posts on here that people are concerned about a Biden tax hike whe it’s likely those people don’t qualify for the hike is dismaying. I’ll go back to my own personal experiences, working with a lot of people all over the world I’ve grown to appreciate some of the things Europeans appreciate. In Germany, it may be taking the entire month of August for a vacation in Finland or mountain biking in Vienna. Germans and Finns also have some pretty nice worker protection and privacy laws I wish we had. I recognize this comes with some trade-offs that would be jarring or altogether unwelcome to some. But it’s a discussion to be had and debated.

On another personal note, I’ve lately given thought to what’s in store for all of us on the last decades of our lives. In 2018, mother died of cancer at 68. My father, also 68 at the time, incurred significant financial cost for her treatment and burial services. He now laments spending his “golden years” alone. Where I’m going with this is had there been a bit of a social safety net he could have retired sooner and maybe had a few of those golden years with my mother. I don’t want to end up like him. I’d love to not have to bank $2-3M in a retirement account by the age of 68 to allow me freedom to enjoy a life away from work with my loved ones.

The Republican Party has seemingly done away with small government, they no longer care about the government debt, so does it really hurt the bottom line to guarantee Americans some improvements in life that are not based around tax cuts mainly intended to enrich those with plenty of money?

Somewhat related, automation and artificial intelligence is coming sooner than later. A bit of a weird conjoiner to the above, but we need to accept this and address what is staring us in the face (again, personal experience). We’re likely to need some kind of universal basic income in the future. It pains me to admit that, but I spend most of my days being told to automate and telling people to automate everything we can. There will be new jobs as a result but I doubt it will offset the jobs made redundant or irrelevant by automation + AI.

RayRay10, joshuaao, Deckard and 5 others like this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

"Libs" have been telling people what not to do and what type of thinking is evil for awhile now.

There's growing resentment on how fast the messaging changes and how quickly people cut off others in response of it.

Bit ironic for the group against exclusion to start running exclusionary tactics like cancelling or doxxxing

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

9. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

There are protests at the Maricopa vote counting center

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. what

what Member

Georgia is what I'm watching right now. I hope we can get to a Senate runoff in that second senate seat.
    And hope that biden takes Georgia. Stacy Abrams is the hero of this election as far as I'm concerned.

RayRay10, joshuaao and Hakeemtheking like this.
  11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Can’t wait for the Trump explosion if GA goes to Biden by a razor thin margin like under 5k

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If Biden is winning 79% of these votes...

13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Sure there’s resentment but schaundenfrade as your political motivation show that you really don’t have much of an identity. If your upset that Libs are trying to define you so your basing the candidates you support on who triggers them you’ve already defined yourself by them

Lar, RayRay10 and HP3 like this.
  14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They looked peaceful to me. Low IQ bunch. But peaceful. Unfortunate we have to qualify protests as peaceful but that's where we're at these days.

15. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

I'm here for balance what. What.

Don't belittle a slow fat white guy. It's next gen discrimination. Post your mixtapes before u talk ****

#2635 RustyHarden, Nov 4, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Where will Trump open his Presidential McDonalds? The august and honorable WWE Hall of Fame?

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

i dont like the way fox is putting on newt gingrich and he is saying people should be enraged.

fox seems pretty hot about not being able to watch and claims about a dump of votes coming in that was like 27,000 votes and 100% biden.
    is any of this true are they literally making this up? folks here say there are republican watchers in official capacity and they are not raising alarms.
    who is lying what is going on..if i was a redneck for trump this is incendiary talk

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Have you been to Nevada? :D

the only thing they do fast is blackjack, weddings, and one other thing.

RayRay10, mikol13, mdrowe00 and 5 others like this.
  20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

If FOX goes full on conspiracy heel now, god help us all. SMDH.