1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election Day 2016

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Nov 8, 2016.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well he's for Stop and Frisk and Banning Muslims, that's not a win for Minorities if he hopes to make those promises come true.

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

All of which deal with protecting minorities.

See, I can make assumptions too!

AntiSonic likes this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

How does banning Muslims and Stop and Frisk protect minorities?

malakas likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'll try to give a sincere response and I hope you heed your own advice and sincerely listen to the 'other side' and sincerely TRY to understand where I'm coming from.

I've stated before that I believe our institutions are entrenched deep enough that the Trump administration isn't going to do something as asinine as send my family to interment camps are anything of that sort. At least I hope not.

However, when Trump enthusiastically declares in the third person that he will ban all Muslim immigration and the reaction to that unprecedented statement at the press conference was massive cheering it frankly scares the **** out of me. Not because I think Trump might actually institute a ban on Muslim immigration. Like I said before... really entrenched institutions... but the fear part comes from THE REACTION from his supporters cheering on explicitly bigoted polices like what I assume a Hitler rally was like before his rise to dictatorship. It's the very hyped up support FOR THAT TYPE OF RHETORIC is why I fear for minorities of this nation. A Trump victory has emboldened that type of rhetoric where open bigotry is much more accepted in mainstream culture.

My biggest fear now is one more attack by some random lone wolf Muslim extremist on American soil will be enough under a Trump Presidency where the bigoted rhetoric will turn to more than just rhetoric on a larger scale.

malakas and JayGoogle like this.
  5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

btw...out of curiosity...To all the resident liberals...does Hillary Clinton NOT meeting with her voters and constituents after the election look bad? Just an opinion question...what say yall..

bnb and AntiSonic like this.
  6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I don't know. I'm assuming she didn't expect to lose and wasn't prepared and her campaign is absolutely shellshocked right now.

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Relax fchowd...he isnt gonna go on a mass deportation of Muslim Americans. And yes, while immigration into the country will be much more stricter...it is time we all sat down and talked about immigration and reform properly.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Respectfully though you missed the point of his post. The reaction from his rallies from that rhetoric scares some people, just the reaction alone.

9. fchowd0311

It wasn't even that long of a post dude. At least read what I have to say.

10. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

As a conservative who has a lot of liberal friends who worked for her campaign and/or the DNC, I was disappointed for them that she didn't go out on stage and say a few words. They worked their asses off for her for 18 months. It just struck me as ungrateful.

11. malakas

malakas Member

How do you know that he absolutely won't? "America has spoken" and apparently is all for that.

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Guys I did...and respectfully...I think the media has painted Trump to be this monster...but seemingly brought up very successful and hard working children. Divisive rhetoric naturally diminishes as political animosity dies down and both sides start listening to each other instead of being at each others throats. What I would ask both of yall is to stop listening to what the media has to say...it is very clear they were completely wrong about a lot of stuff. We are ALL Americans...that is the message. The establishment tried like crazy to ensure that our nation remains divided...by instilling fear...

Trump has shown atleast half of the American public that he really cares about this nation and wants us to do well as a whole...

AntiSonic likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Actions matter, not words. But I hope you are right.

14. fchowd0311

The media edited the video of his supporters cheering a ban of an entire religious group from entering this nation like it was some Hitler rally?

malakas likes this.
  15. TheresTheDagger

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Trump hasn't shown anything as of yet.

What we've seen are some pretty decisive Trump rallies where people cheer at the thought of banning all Muslims. Some of us aren't hearing that from him.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

He attracts a base of extremely racist, white supremecists. He himself is probably not one, but it would have done him no good to ostracize them.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

19. fchowd0311

And THEIR man got into the White House. Seriously, for any Trump supporter here who keep advocating that they are not racist, how do you cope with the notion that currently white supremacists have a 100% approval rating of our president elect? WHy is that? Why does he draw so many open racists?

malakas likes this.
  20. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Well, I'll admit I'm stunned.

Good Luck America.