1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election Day 2016

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Good luck to you in yours, as well!

Maybe we'll see you again.

2. mick fry

mick fry Member

Welp lock the doors and turn out the lights fellas.

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I just hope she doesn't ask for Donald to grab her by the....you know...

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

If you enjoy this board, why leave? Life goes on, my friend.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope you Republicans are ready for an expanded Obamacare and lots of abortion, per Trump. :)

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well the Republicans keep control of the House and Senate as expected along with Trump's win. Just a crazy outcome.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I feel the same way. For the same reason I didn't play fantasy football this year after several years of enjoying it with friends. Being in graduate school and having a 6 year old son my time is stretched so completely thin, that I have to nip any time sink in the bud. Trump winning sickens me on many levels (not all because I truly could not stand Clinton either)

I'm out.

DudeWah likes this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I think I read that article and agreed with Biden on the issue. Meanwhile Hillary disappeared from the spotlight to retreated to the Hamptons or talked shop with billionaires about the Clinton Foundation.

Can't really say I'd be happy with either winning, but this is a big step back for progressive causes, and there's fears about banana republic that Trump will have to work hard to dispel.

9. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Democrats always worry about the independent voters and it costs them some of their base tonight.

JeffB likes this.
  10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Media taking their sweet time calling the election. I mean they must be close to calling it right now right? They're just trying to keep viewers.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think they just don't want to make an ass of themselves if a miracle happens.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That said, with 99% counted in Pennsylvania and Trump up by 1% I think it's pretty fair to call it soon.

13. mick fry

mick fry Member

Lol at the Clinton supporters jumping off the proverbial cliff.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well we will see, there is a chance that this riles up this generation and the demographics that are affected a lot more than a Clinton vote would. Maybe there was a fat cat syndrome, there definitely was a lot of arrogance (With how many 3rd party votes as you can see) on the left. A lot of assumptions that this was in the bag and you can vote for Gary Johnson or whoever just because.

I don't think the progressives are going to lie down and take this, I hope that they will take this medicine and come back at it harder. For the Democratic party, it's time for them to stop ignoring the lefter part of their party.

15. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

So it appears that ClutchFans D&D does in fact NOT represent the overall viewpoint of America.

davidio840 likes this.
  16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Well let's see if Trump wins the popular vote.

17. Granville

Granville Member

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

My guess is that he will not.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

They're not going to own up man. Look where vitriol has brought us. Let's be honest, was there a shortage of vitriol from anyone else? When will it end if people fling poo at each other at THIS rate? Both parties believed the system is so dirty that you had to send the dirtiest of the dirty to get something done and it FAILED. It failed badly man.

Look this is not a time to be talking about these things. This is seriously traumatizing on a nation wide level. Right now I would focus on helping people to not be bitter and not give up the fight and to wake up and have a different outlook on democracy that doesn't accept that Democracy happens for the 1 year that cable news broadcasts it every few years.

It's going to be hard getting out of this, but it's even harder when you treat those who disrespect you with equivalent disrespect. Show them a different way man.

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

AP just called Pennsylvania for Trump