1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheresTheDagger, May 13, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL... trump and you must be reading breitbart.

He was caught. And...

Hardly the many thousands trump has claimed.

2. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Try again you puppet. I was reading the Philadelphia Inquirer seeing if an obituary for a family friend was published. Yes, this idiot was caught and I'm glad to see that ONLY 46 votes is okay in your book. You want to blindly defend your side no matter what. Get over yourself. I find both parties disgusting and will continue to root for gridlock in Washington DC.

In fact, why don't you go look at my posts in the Mattis thread where I said if Trump fires him or forces him out I will be all aboard the impeachment train. Mattis got forced out and I said something like hurry up Mueller. You are a hack. Try to be objective even if the FACTS are against your side on a story.

#102 Redfish81, May 21, 2020
    Last edited: May 21, 2020
  3. NewRoxFan

4. NewRoxFan

Sorry for your loss. Good luck with your continual defense of donald trump... he will keep you busy.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

There is no large scale voting fraud and those that were caught were GOP anyway.

DD

6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

As long as we understand that if a SC decision falls in the margin of error, we dont go crying about stack courts favoring a certain candidate based on party. Democracy isn't broken because a handful of ballots gets mishandled in the grand scheme of things.

The spilled tears of the Florida decision ranks right up there with those who spill tears over the popular vote issue.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Speaking for myself and not everyone else who was upset about the Bush V Gore decision wasn't so much that it favored Bush but about how they came to the decision which flew in the face of precedent and that they then said the Bush v Gore decision couldn't be used as precedent in the future.

It also had to do with that Thomas' son was a member of the Bush campaign with an important role so he should've recused himself from that case.

In the end Bush still might've won the election. He might've won it by having the FL legislature decide to send Bush electors, or he might've won it in the House which had a Republican majority. There was no reason for the USSC to get involved in that case and they should've let it play out per the Constitution.

jiggyfly, mdrowe00 and Nook like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

Must be all those Democrats that watch, er, foxnews...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nook and deb4rockets like this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Being the most Perfectly Unbiased person, I can see that voting more than once is "unfair". (Happy now Cons??)

But you don't round down from 3/5 and raise hell or high water to give 0 votes to minorities.

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. Voting more than once is not good. But that isn't really happening.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are you kidding? Russia has penetrated all sorts of networks and has already attempted to hack many states election systems.

Do you know this for a fact - on what basis or authority can you claim that hacking mail votes is easier than hacking a computer system??

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What would Roberts rule? That the election was fraudulent and Trump remains in office? What would happen - do you think the public would accept that?

15. Invisible Fan

16. Nook

Nook Member

It would not be quite framed that way. It would involve close election results in contested states and the counting of ballots etc.

Roberts would be the swing voter in the issue of which side to rule in favor of.

Would the American public tolerate it? The issue would be clouded to begin with (by design as is the calling card of Trump) and the country would be divided. However when it was all said and done, yes I believe America would accept it.

Another four years of Trump would make the rules around the 2024 election very different anyway.

17. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

No it gets broken when the president tweets this.

Defend this

18. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I did defend this. But you chose to ignore it.

The solution is more transparent elections. How do you really know if your specific vote got counted?

How is it we can farm massive amounts of data ... but yet we can not have a completely transparent election?

Neither party wants this. They each want you to think the other is being dishonest.

20. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Can you imagine if Florida 2009 happens again this time around. Anyone trust Barr and Trump with a recount? There would be riots in pretty much every city

Nook likes this.