1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheresTheDagger, May 13, 2020.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

You’re stretching reality and exaggerating. Biden’s videos are there for all to see.

Nook likes this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Straight outta Trump's mouth actually.

3. edwardc

edwardc Member

Failed big time.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Voting by mail gives you a paper trail, DD, and as was pointed out by @Sweet Lou 4 2, and others before in the forum, it prevents the vote from being hacked. It also should prevent (it won't, of course) trump bellowing that the vote was hacked. trump will lie about that as he lies about virtually everything, just as he's lying about Michigan today. The creature is a serial psychotic liar of the First Order. If only he was a merely character in Star Wars.

Having a paper trail is a big deal, for everyone. A much bigger deal for Democrats, independents, and the Republicans who will be voting against trump. I expect trump and the former Republican Party that is under his fat thumb to uncork every dirty trick in the book. They're desperate. They can't come anywhere close to winning the popular vote and their internal polls paint a grim picture. As an aside, I think a significant minority of Republicans will vote against him, or simply not vote. I know some myself.

mdrowe00 and Blatz like this.
  5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Fraud by mail in ballots is much much easier than hacking. Much of the corruption happens behind the scenes. Its a lot harder to 'accidently' lose someones ballot when you watch it being scanned in or getting a paper print out from electronic boxes.

Unopened mail in ballots can be destroyed before being counted. Based by counties, you can get a pretty good guess how the individual voted.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But it comes down to has this ever been a problem? It has been studied and there hasn't been a significant problem.

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Old white people have been voting by mail for a long long time. I know b/c my parents have been doing that absentee thing in TX forever.

Why is it a big worry now? And separately, do you think Trump is genuinely interested in a fair election with great turnout?

I feel like the answers to those questions are pretty obvious.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So obvious that if anyone disputes it, they are wrapped in a cocoon of partisanship that's stuffed to bursting with ignorance. In my opinion.

9. B-Bob

space ghost is not ignorant. And he used to host a very successful show, coast to coast.

I hate that even some smart people are going to aid another trump effort to sow doubt and division ahead of this election.

Rashmon, dmoneybangbang and mdrowe00 like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Hosted a show? Is that public information that can be shared?

11. B-Bob

you are too fast. If a joke went over your head, you would catch it! :D

Deckard, NewRoxFan and mdrowe00 like this.
  12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Oops, you got me B-Bob... I was actually interested to listen/watch his show (I am thinking about starting a podcast of my own)...

13. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...then what's my excuse?:):D:p

NewRoxFan likes this.
  14. B-Bob

NewRoxFan likes this.
  15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yes, and space ghost refuses to be ignored. It has to be done for him.

16. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I did not discount absentee voting. I stated abuse is much easier than in person. This has nothing to do with Trump. I find the hacking and voter fraud thing over blown. Its a political ploy on both sides to distract the bigger issues.

How hard is it to go to a website and plug in your social security number to see if and where you are eligible to vote? And then have a comprehensive list of all candidates with sources of information on the candidates for your district?

How hard is it to have a peel off token on every ballot that you can go on a website and verify if your ballot has been counted and display (anonymously) your results? If you vote in person, you get a copy of your results that have tamper proof identification.

This **** is not very difficult. Instead, its easier to state people are ignorant and falling for political ploys when they simply do not drink your kool-aid and agree with you 100%.

The only ignorant people are the ones who blindly follow their political parties. These are the people who dont want change.

jiggyfly and B-Bob like this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I have researched this and can find no evidence of a mechanism that the SC can retain Trump as president.

How do you see this happening?

18. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

19. Nook

Nook Member

All that has to happen is a close and contested election like in 2000. It will end up in the lap of the Supreme Court.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That's not necessarily true from what I have read there has to be a specific case to be reviewed by the SC, they have no power to just decide the election.

In Bush v Gore the SC the case was about if Florida had to do a recount, Florida had already declared Bush the winner.

I am not trying to argue I am glad to ask you these questions because I am not a subject matter expert.

mdrowe00 likes this.