1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Elderly protester hurt by police

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, Jun 5, 2020.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The kind that honors the oaths they swear and that I pay them for

If not, get the **** out. Resign. Quit. Now.

**** violent cops. We don't need them. Somebody needs to start a GoFundMe for those 57 buffalo cops so that they quit.

JayGoogle, Ziggy, DVauthrin and 8 others like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Where are all these “mythical” good cops at to denounce all this brutality? As usual, we can’t find them.

all 57 resigned in show of support for their fellow thug

Who the hell do u think u are that u can just resign from an assignment and still keep working collecting checks? U want to resign? Cool, all u thugs are fired.

“just a few bad apples”...LMAO...you’d have to be a fool to still believe this

the entire thing is rotten

3. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...it's really funny how, whenever anybody uses that "...only a few bad apples..." line...

...that they all almost universally forget how that line ends: "...a few bad apples spoil the bunch..."

...another failing of the American educational system...we don't teach basic history OR basic math well...:confused:;)

4. SamFisher

Even if you were, you think you should be beaten? Or just ticketed?

What is going through the mind of a cop in utterly no physical danger at all, surrounded by dozens of his colleagues, backed by national guardsman, to shove a lone harmless man,who poses no threat of any kind to any person or property, to the ground? And then attempt to beat him further should he arise? Because the sanctity of malum prohibidum curfew laws must be inviolate, even at the cost of a life?

What makes this situation a gray area for you?

Even if he hadn't been seriously injured - how does this course of action make you feel protected and served?

What kind of ****ed up logic makes you think the citizen should be held to higher standard than state employees using force and weapons under cover of law?

You have it entirely backwards.

5. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Maybe they are all trained to use their baton to push protesters out of the way when they were out during curfew and he was only doing what he was trained for?

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

After being hit by a car and called racial slurs, Arbery was fighting for his life. If you don't see that, then it's SAD!

There are 300 incidents of violence against protesters from police. So you need to back up this claim...which you can't of course. Because we all know you make crap up.

TJ, you need to become a better poster, and maybe, a better human being. I believe in you - show us what you got.

FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

there are the cops who actively abuse citizens, and the cops who see it, do nothing about it, and help to cover it up...I guess they think that because they weren’t the one who actually did the beating or the killing they’re still not part of the problem

these 57 thugs are a joke...if you’re showing solidarity for some trash that pushes a 75 yo man and cracks his skull, you’re GARBAGE

throw all 57 of these idiots away...fire them all, and bring charges against the monster who assaulted that man

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I watched that video and I don't think they intended to hurt the guy. They shoved him he stumbled back and fell and was injured, and the cop started to kneel down to check on him.

The question I have is - why do the police feel the need to shove someone in the first place to get them to move. Why not just say, move it right now or you will be arrested. Some kind of warning that they need to move. Some kind of command.

Instead they just shove an elderly man.

I am beginning to wonder, is the problem with the individual cops, or the who system that trains them and makes it ok for them to behave this way in situations that don't require it. Cops have become the real thugs.

9. SamFisher

It was the training manual! Just following orders!

**** off. You're fired, we will get a new manual for next group of cops. Erie county will survive, believe it or not.

DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  10. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

:D...well...looking for a couple of positives here, I think I can offer:
    1. Victim blaming in these types of incidents now seem to not be relegated to just the dark-skinned offender (progress is progress, I guess)...
    2. ...leading oneself to ponder that there's maybe more truth to the "...this stuff happens to white people more than black people..." narrative than one might have guessed, too (...which, incidentally, because I've tried to follow along...would mean that there are a lot more criminal white people than black people who had this coming)...
    3. FINALLY Fox News can run an expose on the rampant abuse of white citizens by a few rogue police officer ANTIFA plants...whose mission is to destroy public trust in police officers...(...which, if it was really that much of a problem to begin with, their "fair and balanced" news departments would have been all over this like Geraldo Rivera in Al Capone's vault, since the MSM was trying to bury the story all this time...)...
    4. ...something black and white people can agree on at last...
    ...am I doing this right?:);):D

11. SamFisher

Actually the cops start to but decide they can better protect and serve by.... walking on by. Then the National Guardsman stop....maybe because they have day jobs and are not indoctrinated by the blue wall bullshit of the 57 Ronin of Buffalo PD

Or even just....ignore him? What slippery slope would that lead us down?

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

If they are ordered to clear the area, they can not just ignore him. But they didn't seem to have a problem ignoring him once he was on the ground so...

13. SamFisher

#73 SamFisher, Jun 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

In no way is it acceptable to put your hands on an old man like they did.

How are you trying to rationalize this?

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

So we're just gonna sit here and let them do mattress mack like that?

FranchiseBlade, RayRay10 and mdrowe00 like this.
  16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

This is a grey area because it is ENTIRELY different than any other case I've seen during the riots.

Back to the analogy. If I was doing something that stupid, such as speeding through a nationally announced speed trap, heading straight towards the cop, not slowing down as hes asking me to, then I deserve some punishment.

You ask if I deserve to be beaten? Was this guy? No. You're using some kind of twisted, screwed up hyperbole here, and that's a problem. All of these cases are not the same.

This guy was asked to move, they pushed him when he continued to walk towards the large crowd of police officers approaching him, asking him to move. He stumbled. It's unfortunate.

It's terrible for both parties. If you refuse to see that the guy was out of line, at least a liiiitttttleee bit, then we're just going to have to agree to disagree.

Like I said, I'm not talking some horrific, pro police state opinion. I'm of the opinion that this is a grey area and both sides were in the wrong. The cop shouldn't have shoved the guy necessarily, but the guy is, without a doubt, in the wrong as well here.

Right now. Especially right now, is not a time to test a cop's patience just to get on camera. They still are the law. If you want some sort of Purge state, or have some sort of better ideas than police officers, let's hear them. Of course there are good ideas for long term police reform. We've been over those. But for right now? Why set a curfew if we're not going to enforce it?

#76 Two Sandwiches, Jun 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  17. Buck Turgidson

Sure. He's a poorer man's Fertitta.

18. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

If you believe that I have some land in Louisianna near the bayou I would like to sell you...

T_Man

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

From the unset and not knowing why the guy was approaching the police he was out of line..

Pushing the man is not the problem... The problem is when he fell and you see the blood no officer checks on him and they will not let anyone else check on him...

T_Man

20. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

They said a lot of that at Nuremberg...