1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

El Taconazo Taco Truck

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by macalu, Sep 7, 2010.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Typo, i meant 1.75 also...

I prefer the large flour tortilla quesadillas, which is why i was asking. Those are usually more than that.

Not a fan of the double tortilla though. I think it overwhelms the taste of the rest of the ingredients. I go with one and hope for the best :)

And i meant y'all are overreacting, if you feel the need to be strapped while getting lunch.

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

That's what she said? :confused:

3. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

big fan of this place!! it seems like i've been going there since i was 10

4. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

damn, so not all taco trucks and roach coaches are the same?

I've hit up a few of them at gas stations, I will say they are better then the taquerias around town.

5. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

No need to take a "strap" when going to Taco Nazo.. Unless you are a p***y.....

Best Fajita Tacos/quesadilla's In Houston...

6. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

fify...got a couple in this thread lol

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

You know you need TWO to hold all the goodness that is the Fajitas and the condiments (salsa, onions, cilantro, etc.) inside of it... if there were only one tortilla holding all that AWESOMENESS, it would break before you got it into your mouth that's what she said. :eek:

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Not if you use a firm grip and cup it correctly. That's what she said.

9. RickRock713

RickRock713 Member

I grew up on Taconazo. It's delicious. The quesadillas are the best.

I grew up around this area. Don't worry guys thats the soft spot of the "hood". Nothing will happen there. Dont have to be all "strapped" up. Now if you plan on visiting Poppa Burger which is nearby off of N. Main and Harrington then yes...especially if you plan on visting it in the early morning hours(24/7 stand). So if you plan on visiting Taconazo i recommend you take a swing by Poppa Burger since it so close...but do it in the daytime honestly. Order the Double daddy with cheese. the fries there are da best.

Back to Taconazo though. It's great. You know the boxer Ricky Juarez he grew up right around the corner from there.

The weird part about it is that is right across the street from a Trevinos funeral Home.
    We use to joke around and say the fajitas were human meat.

10. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

also juan diaz stays in fulton..

is poppa burger better than hubcab?

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Considering all the boxers from the area, maybe you do need to to show up "strapped" :p

12. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I am about as far from a tough guy as you get....but between the people "afraid" of the UH neighborhood and thinking you need to be "strapped" to go to a taco cart on Fulton. I'll rent my 70 year old mom out to ya'll as a bodyguard...since she doesn't seem to have any trouble going to Cougar games or eating out in "questionable" neighborhoods.

Never been to El Taconazo though, is it as good as the El Regio one on Market at Federal?

13. Eps

Eps Member

Taconazo's got another location at crosstimbers and irvington, right across the lot from the snowconery that is "tampico". no need for straps there, unless your talking about those condoms. cause theres some b****es always getting cones and tacos. and i prey on them like a hungry wolf. a wolf hungry for b****es n tacos. quicker service too, less of a line (for the tacos). :grin:

14. Buck Turgidson

Everyone's invited.

1 person likes this.
  15. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

Poppa burger is garbage...

16. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

Big Burger V is better than pappas burger

17. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Laredos - best fajita
    chiloso - best fluffy tortilla

Combine them two and you'll have the best fajita taco ever

18. RickRock713

RickRock713 Member

I'll admit Poppa Burger hasn't been the same since they changed owners. I think they screwed up the secret ingredients on the patties or something. I heard that they switched to soy-meat. But i dont know..they do taste different but stil good.

But back when they still were owned by the original owner Poppa burger was the sh**. They would never close. I think ive only seen it close during hurricane ike...i think they didn close for rita.

you should try the Tacos suaves from there

and yea V burger off of hardy is good too.

19. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I don't know about the one OP is talking about, but the taco truck at the West Alabama Icehouse is so full of win and awesome that I don't know what to do with myself except eat like 5 of them.

Taco truck rules.

20. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

My bad SwoLy, I was typing too fast. :p :p