1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Either start Lin, or bring in a new starting PG, Bev ain't cuttin' it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, Dec 13, 2013.

1. steady

steady Member

Rockets have beat some good teams with Bev starting. I agree. But Portland is not one of them. That was Bev's first game back after his injury. Lin started, and actually had a great game. Locked down Lillard to the point where even the Blazers announcers noticed it, and scored well too.

2. TheTruth1

TheTruth1 Rookie

The Suns might take a package of Lin and Asik for Dragic and Picks.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Maybe, I suggested that in the trade thread the other day and some Lin fan bashed me for it, lol. I'd like to also get Okafor in that deal. Lin + Asik for Dragic + Okafor is actually pretty fair espec. if we get a protected draft pick in the deal (or trade up in the draft maybe)

4. rubbertoe

rubbertoe Member

Truth1 the best LOH I've ever seen..sad but true

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Considering your reading comprehension is so low that you actually believe Clutch "hates" Jeremey Lin, nothing you say can be trusted.

Ridiculous.:rolleyes:

6. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

He's probably made at least 10 "trade Lin" posts today.

7. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

Probably fairer to say that clutch rates Jeremy Lin as highly as the coaching staff.

8. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Bev is clearly not a starting PG... 39% FG, 32% 3FG, 1.8 AST... Just terrible statistically.

Lin needs to be the playmaker and given the confidence by the coaches to run the offense as the floor general without fear of being benched.

Harden needs to play off the ball like a true SG and get his points within the flow of the offense.

This will maximize our strengths and help us play better as a team. It's the coaches responsibility to maximize our players talents, not have everyone playing away from their strengths.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

11 rebounds??! Are you kidding me? That's your PG!!!!

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

LMAO. I hate that I can hear that.

11. Breitbard

Breitbard Member

Rockets2k, where you been man?! Miss your slams and putdowns!

12. vvade

vvade Member

The usual Lin fan posts:
    1) Lin didn't play enough! McHale is racist! (Be careful here, because too many minutes can be just as bad).
    2) Lin didn't get enough shots when he is better than Harden and Howard.
    3) Harden is a ball hog. Lin should have the ball in his hands more or he can’t Linsanity.
    4) Rockets won, but Lin only scored 8 points. Too much hero ball.
    5) If the Rockets win without Lin: Beverley sucks and too much isolation plays.
    6) If the Rockets lose without Lin: See, the Rockets can't win without Lin!
    7) If the Rockets win without Harden: Rockets are better without Harden, trade him.
    8) If the Rockets lose without Harden: Fire McHale!
    9) Dwight misses free throws: Howard is overrated, he can't score!
    10) Everyone hates Lin! (No, we just don't love him like you do.)

Feel free to add more.

13. TheTruth1

TheTruth1 Rookie

Dude It's in Lin's interest as much as the Rockets. Lin was averaging 18 PPG on 55% FG and 45% 3FG before the first celtics game. Then Mchale starts benching Lin and cutting his minutes. He actually say out the almost the entire 4th quarter of straight games boston and dallas. His PPG dropped 3 full points in four games before he got injured. After tonight is 14.7PPG.

Numbers are how you stick around in this leauge and also how you get paid. Lin is at ver least costing himself millions of dollars and at worst risking his future in the NBA. At the same time his presence is causing turmoil in the fan base and probably leading to friction nights lockerrom.

The Rockets organization from the Coaches, to the announcers, to the people who visit and operate forum and blogs on the internet like CF or the others are 1000% sold on our man Bev. Right or wrong and that's not going to change.

Lin is the odd man out. He should do whats best for himself and for this team and ask/demand a trade like Asik did.

14. johnnytsunami

johnnytsunami Member

Exactly. He played great D on Lillard tonight, but besides his O-Rebs, he was an absolute negative on offense (his -15 plus/minus tonight was only behind TJ's -26; plus/minus stat is admittedly a flawed stat, but when these numbers are significantly worse than the other players, they mean something). He needs to develop his offensive game, otherwise he isn't our starting PG if we want to win it all (if you wanna compare recent championship PGs, at least Fisher and Chalmers hit the 3 at a high clip for their respective championship teams -- so did Battier, if you want to compare player types).

We have a complete PG.. if we combined Bev and Lin. Not sure if that's going to be enough for a championship caliber team. Either Bev needs to step up and develop his offensive repertoire or Lin needs to become a good enough defender to earn more minutes. I think it can happen, they're still young, but we need them to expedite the development because our window with Dwight won't be very long.

15. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Bev is good but he's incredibly overrated on cfans as is every player on the Rockets. By the sounds of most of you guys Bev is the next coming of bowen/payton/artest/jordan on the defensive side of the ball.

16. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Guys we lost not because of bev or lin, it is because no one in the early fourth quarter could make a shot, while Portland was making everything they threw up...

17. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

Tony Douglas, Scott Mchado, Shaun Livingston and now Beverly. Every single average bench point guard will be hugely overrated on this forum by 'true Rockets fans' till Lin is traded.

18. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Wow....just wow.

My view now is Lin needs to be traded just to get rid of this segment of the lin fanbase. Bias mixed with low basketball IQ's and you get this back and forth bickering.

Exactly why it took me so long to move from lurker to member.

19. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

Let me guess. You're a true rockets fan without bias and a high iq?

20. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Actually we couldn't get any good looks, they were getting great looks.