1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Either start Lin, or bring in a new starting PG, Bev ain't cuttin' it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, Dec 13, 2013.

1. amak316

amak316 Member

Lin doesn't seem like the b**** and moan easy way out type. He seems like the type to work harder and will his way out of a bad spot.

We'll see though I'd be pretty frusterated in his spot.

2. TheTruth1

TheTruth1 Rookie

What 6th man? Even when Bev and Lin are on the floor and Harden sits. Bev handles the ball the whole time. Lin isn't them backup point guard. He is the back up shooting guard.

Harden pretty much plays point when he is in the game
    Bev plays point when Harden sits
    Lin is the shooting guard no matter who is in the floor with him. Harden, Bev or Brooks.

Just trade the guy

3. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

The Rockets went full Rockets.

4. Breitbard

Breitbard Member

Bev chased Lillard around baseline screens much better - it was fun to watch how quick he was. He also moved better on the PNRs but watching Lin it seemed he was screened by his own help defender often. Still it was clear Bev's defense was at a much higher level than Lin's tonight.

5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

But Tebow is shiithouse

6. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Well this guy's gone lol

7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

I doubt it... I think front offices will overlook pretty much anything if you play well, which he does. I moreso feel badly for him when his fans tweet/instagram nasty things to his teammates, which I've seen a lot this season towards Harden/Beverley/Parsons. Jeremy seems like such a nice guy, so I'm sure they can disassociate him from that segment of his fanbase, but it has to create some tension/frustration for all involved.

Not sure why people think they're doing him any favors by doing that sort of thing.

8. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

Yeah but he sucks at organizing our offense

9. Panda23

Panda23 Member

no you wouldnt, you cant even dunk,

I can dunk

midget lulz mastertrole2013

10. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Seeing how he isn't coming off an injury I would certainly hope so.

11. pnr

pnr Member

They're mentally insane. I've seen some of them Lofs on that jeremy website. Horrifying...

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

LOLOLOL. I really love/hate your online presence.

13. hltiki

hltiki Member

you wanna see insane, go to this DD section.

nah.. some good ppl there.

14. Aleron

Aleron Member

He's certainly better than some QBs with NFL jobs, it's pretty obvious he doesn't have an NFL job because his fanbase isn't worth the headaches for a backup job.

15. TheTruth1

TheTruth1 Rookie

He's not doing himself any favors rotting away on the bench and getting 15 minutes of PT.

He should do himself and the rockets a favor and request / demand a trade. He has the leverage to do it. With his fan base and medi profile Morey would not risk a circus in the middle of a potential championship run.

Honestly do you think there is any other player in the NBA who wouldn't do it if he were in Lin's shoes.

16. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

Bev was fine this game. His offense was not good, but his defense was excellent. However, his defense is overrated though when you look at his overall performance over the season.

17. Breitbard

Breitbard Member

Clutch's response was to someone who said that those who disliked Beverley's performance were "idiots". I took that to mean that he thought LOFs were idiots, but I guess that could be a stretch. But you know how the LOFs always get riled up about Clutch's hate for Lin (that is the player, not the person) so I figured that would get them going.

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

DD can get ridic... I peeked in there *once*. LOL.

19. pnr

pnr Member

No, he's just not a good QB.

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yeah, I'm beginning to think Bev just isn't going to cut it. Let's look at some key stats:

FG% Under 40%
    3P% Right at 33% (break even point, not terrible, but certainly not a positive)
    FT% 72%, poor for a guard
    RB: 3.9, about the only above average stat he has
    AST: 2.6, terrible. Just terrible. Especially playing most his minutes alongside so much scoring talent
    PTS: 9.3 (in 32 mpg) Pretty damn bad.

His defense is good, but it's just not good enough to make up for that giant pile of crap.

One guy I'd love to trade for is Dragic, but IDK if he's on the market.