1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Either start Lin, or bring in a new starting PG, Bev ain't cuttin' it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, Dec 13, 2013.

1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

+1.

Nobody should defend Beverley or bring up the fact that he held Lillard to 1-10 for 8 points. Otherwise, you are celebrating a losing effort.

Let's make more threads about how much Beverley sucks, and if anyone defends him, lets accuse them of celebrating a losing effort.

2. hamsession

hamsession Member

I would look good too if I played with Lebron.

3. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

because HARDEN IS A PLAYMAKER. this was the whole debate of last season why lin didn't "fit" with the rockets, harden needs the ball in his hand. With beverly in the game it allows harden to do that. And it's worked well for the most part. Many of our losses were due to bad decisions at the end of the game, not how we played throughout.

4. Ashes

Ashes Member

Not saying Bev is bad, but yeah, I can agree we definitely need someone better.

5. cardpire

cardpire Member

6. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

This wasn't the time to create this thread. He's woeful offensively, but his defense was absolutely terrific tonight. As long as he's not a net negative compared to his match up, you can't complain.

Beverley is barely ever going to outplay the point guard. But he has the ability to put guards on lockdown every once in a while, and tonight he showed that against a very good PG.

7. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

ARE YOU HIGH? I am
    Bev had a good game. He locked lillard down, did decent obviously and had over 10 rebounds. That 3 point foul was a good momentum turner for us also. We went on a run but then just got outplayed by a team on the road.

I like our chances against them in the playoffs. No way, no how they hit that many jumpers 4 out of 7 games

8. amak316

amak316 Member

I don't care if Lin starts or not, but your best 5 players should be top 5 in minutes. Asik is our third best player he gets 0 mins, that's fine he's getting shopped and has no role.

Lin is our 4th best player, either trade him or give him a chance. I love Beverly as a defensive spark, but he's prob the 8th best player on the team and it is 5 on 4 offensively when he's in the game.

9. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Felton, and probably Brandon Knight. Maybe a couple others

10. kastuul

kastuul Member

Asik does the right thing to leave this team.
    Hopefully, Lin will follow him.

11. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

yes..

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Go back to watching youtube clips of Linsanity.

1 person likes this.
  13. roxxy

roxxy Member

Defense is a team concept. You can't attribute it all to Bev. Not saying bev's defense isn't a positive but to say it is solely him is very disingenuous.

14. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Bev wasn't the problem at all. it was in this order >>> Parson's horrific shooting, TJ's subpar 1:1 defense, and a poor shooting night from our bench

15. TheTruth1

TheTruth1 Rookie

For the love of GAWD please just trade Lin.

I like Lin I really do, but everyone from the coaches, to the announcers to the people who run internet blogs and boards are committed and wedded heart and soul to Bev. They jut may be right.

Trade Lin and give him and the Rockets a world of needed peace. Stop trying I force this situation and just trade the dude.

16. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

I love how when we lose some ppl on here always try to blame the PG.

17. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Bev can't make plays, and doesn't even assist or score much in 40 minutes. He's just a defensive cog next to Harden. That's it. Unless he becomes more than that, things aren't gonna work in the long run.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Logic from a 2012er?

Has he'll frozen over?!?

19. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

Trade Lin and put Bev on the bench.

Once Lin is gone a lot of 'true rockets fans' will stop defending Beverly so much.

20. lfw

lfw Rookie

This is true. Lillard shot it 10 times and got his shot blocked 5 times. Bev had some help here.