1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Either start Lin, or bring in a new starting PG, Bev ain't cuttin' it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, Dec 13, 2013.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Wow. Bev had Lillard on lock down and we get this **** thread

1 person likes this.
  2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

That had nothing to do with Beverley. Probably Damian was tired / had the sniffles / ate a big meal / needed to take a dump, etc.

3. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Lin's per minute production is superior, even when he's not completely healthy

4. baller4life315

+1

Was thinking this also.

5. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

the fact that you say look at season averages to determine a players worth shows that i shouldn't even engage in a logical discussion with you.

Asik on paper last season just looked like a player who could rebound, he wasn't an offensive player, and we didn't need him to score on offense, that wasn't his role. Same with Bev, we don't need him to score, we have 4 others on the court who are GOOD at it, everything other than that beverly does great, thats why he's the starting PG, and thats why we've beat teams like portland before, san antonio and what not.

6. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

And I applaud Bev for that, however, he just doesn't have the right PG tools.

7. zdrav

zdrav Member

Lin was 3/4 from the free throw line.

8. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

Lillard was 1-10 for 8 points, so Beverley actually did a very good job containing Lillard. Lin was ineffective as well, coming back from an injury. PG wasn't the problem tonight. Knee jerk is knee jerk.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He isn't on the starting line-up because he has the "right PG tools".

10. quatin

quatin Member

Speaking of which, where are those corner 3s? Isn't that what Bev is in for? Defense and spot up shooting?

11. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

I think AB should continue to see at least 8-10 MPG even with Lin back. not sure how the distribution of minutes would work but he was a big help while lin was out

12. nono

nono Member

Every other game Beverley holds someone under their average and it is an event of great celebration here.

13. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

Bev has poor play making skills. That's why Harden does all of the work. He did the same with Lin as the starter, but Lin is a pretty good playmaker.

14. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Good God, hating on Bev after he shut down Lilliard??? Lillard usually balls out against Lin when Rox played Blazers last year. Bev was not the problem. The damn bench and Sampson starting the 4th with a horrible line up.

15. yummyhawtsauce

lawl lin back from injury. can tell by the way he was chasing his screen (slower) and mo beat him pretty easily. will be a bad game from Lin tomorrow too most likely since he won't have time to practice

16. Ashes

Ashes Member

But they could shoot...

17. Internazionale

This is unnecessary thread, yes I can agree on that,
    on the other hand, I have to agree too that Bev is just not a starter material, for real, this dude shoot below 40% (yes, you read it correctly 39% to be exact.) -- taking almost 9 shots per game (not much but totally unexceptable) and his current bad habit to starting 1st/2nd qtr of the game with poor shooting is not helping either.

At this point, Lin is arguably the best PG, I don't know whether being benched has helping his case or not.

But yes, no question, Rockets needs a better starter at PG now.

18. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

once again, people don't realize this.

Bev is the worst starting PG in the league, someone please prove me wrong - which starting PG is bev better than?

19. vlee

vlee Member

I think AB needs to be out there with Lin. Lin needs someone else he can pass to if Garcia and Casspi aren't going to hit shots. The few times Lin and AB have been on the court together, it seemed like they played off each other well.

20. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Lin guarded Lillard fine during the game in November. The starters lost this one tonight