1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Either start Lin, or bring in a new starting PG, Bev ain't cuttin' it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, Dec 13, 2013.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

The system is built around Harden and Howard. It will be that way as long as they are here, or until a 3rd player of their caliber finds his way here. That just is what it is.

A compliment from another coach in the league is not going to change that.

2. bws

bws Member

Opposing coaches prepare for the Rockets team. Some opposing coaches have expressed that in addition to the 2 major stars that there are 2 impact players they prepare for and try to limit. Lin and Parsons produce plenty in this system regardless of who it is built around. And so has TJones, he's made major contributions to the last 4 Rockets wins. I'm not concerned so much as you are obviously about players of any caliber. You don't have to be of Harden's caliber to be an impact player and that's evidenced by what some coaches have said about the Rockets team.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

Yes, I can read -- so I'm aware of the quote to which you are referring. I'm also pretty sure that the Rockets prepare for more than just the very best players on other teams. You don't have to be of Harden/Howard's caliber to be an impact player, but you do have to be of their caliber for an organization's system to be tailored to your strengths. The two of them are the core pieces, and probably the only ones that are not expendable for the foreseeable future, which is why everything else is constructed around them. I don't see what's hard to get about that.

4. bws

bws Member

But what does that have to do with having Harden do less to help the team? I'm not saying Harden should change anything drastically, just trust his team mates more and improve parts of his game like playing off of the ball. You know, there are times he does exactly that and the team is better for it. He has more energy on defense, the team gets different looks for playmakers, he plays more efficiently and sometimes even has to be used less minutes. And, it may help him get back to healing his ankle/foot and he's has more energy. It's win win. He's playing up to his capabilities, team mates are more involved, team has more variety and cohesion.

5. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Could we bring over Llull?Could he be a fit on this team?

6. MonKing

MonKing Member

Bev's recovery seems to be going well. Time for Bev 2.0

[​IMG]

7. cw3k

cw3k Member

Can't wait. Let's go for 40mpg with 0 point, 0 assist. Then next game, McHale put him on 45 min

8. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Jrue Holiday vs Damian Lillard

The Pelicans just beat the Blazers tonight. Jrue Holiday scored 31 PTS, 13 assists and 7 rebounds against Damian Lillard.

Just two nights ago he was 3 PTS, 9 ASTs and 3 REBs against JLin.

9. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

PB does a lot of things that don't show up on the boxscore there bro. Just try to show a little respect?

10. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Dragic just kicked Chrrs Pauls ass infront of the world.Wow what a game by the Dragon. The one that got away for sure.

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Chris Paul's

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I don't know even know why I bothered, but I looked up all holiday's shots in the game and the shots he made and missed. Of the 9 shots he took he was guarded by Lin on 2 of those shots both of which he missed.

If you want to you can lookup all his shots here:
    http://stats.nba.com/playerGameLogs.html?PlayerID=201950&pageNo=1&rowsPerPage=25

Here is a breakdown of all his shots who was guarding him:
    1 Terrance Jones/ Harden miss
    2 Harden made
    3 Harden missed
    4 lin missed
    5 lin missed
    6 parsons missed
    7 parsons missed
    8 parson guarding him Dwight Howard block missed
    9 I think brooks. It doesn't look like anyone was guarding him lin wasn't even in the game. missed

Jeremy Lin gets a lot of credit even when his teammates play defense.

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

To be fair, Lillard also outscored Jeremy by 3x. I'd say that evens things out a bit lol.

14. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Dragic plays SG for the Suns. It was Bledsoe vs. Paul. Dragic was mostly playing vs. Jamal Crawford and Darren Collison.

15. bws

bws Member

26 points? He had 5 steals, that's the most impressive stat. 8 assists is solid. 3 TOs. Brooks scored 26 in an earlier game.

btw Bledsoe went 3-10 with 7 points and was 1-4 of his free throws. He did has 12 rebounds however. Paul went 5-14, 11 points, 7 assists and 4 TOs. So even the great Chris Paul has a so-so night too.

Lawson lit up Miami for 27 points I think. All in all, some nights players go off, some nights they have off games. Just like the Rockets players.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Dragic is the best PG the Rockets have had in years, maybe ever.

DD

17. langal

langal Member

That can only mean that all three are scrubs.

18. bws

bws Member

Crawford was 4-13 for 15 points, 5-7 FT. Decent but he can do better. Dragic played the best and most efficient game of all the guards.

LA played poorly, they loss the game. That's good for the Rockets.

19. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

^^ Wasn't Steve Francis better?

20. bws

bws Member

And you guys probably trashed him when he was here.