1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Either start Lin, or bring in a new starting PG, Bev ain't cuttin' it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, Dec 13, 2013.

1. basketballholic

MY QUESTION/COMMENT OF THE DAY:

Name 5 point guards in the NBA who are having a better season than Jeremy Lin up to this point.

2. Lockon1274

Lockon1274 Member

What about Jazz and the Suns?

Granetd with Lin and without Bev we lost to the Mavericks but hey Dirk was being Dirk.

3. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

In no particular order:
    1. CP3
    2. Bledsoe
    3. Dragic
    4. Parker
    5. Curry
    6. Isaiah Thomas
    7. Conley
    8. Lilliard

On par:
    1. GHill
    2. Kemba
    3. Wall
    4. Chalmers
    5. Jennings
    6. Rubio
    7. Lowry

Not a definite list, btw.

4. Remii

Remii Member

I don't want him for a max contract... Lol.. But I doubt he will get it. I think he will get a contract like around what Goran or Holiday got and the Rockets can afford that (which leaves them room for Parsons). Curry didn't even get a max contract, he got about the same as Holiday so if Bledsoe thinks he'll get one _ he's dreaming. The point guard position is too deep to be throwing out max contracts. Parker doesn't even have a max contract and he has 4 rings.

5. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

Can you qualify that with adjusted usage rate and per 36?

6. Remii

Remii Member

What's your point...??? Bledsoe gives you what Beverley brings on the defensive end and what Lin gives you on the offensive end. He's a legitimate 2-way player and he's good playing off the ball as well because he logged alot of minutes playing in the backcourt with Chris Paul. Plus he's young and bound to only get better. I think adding Bledsoe would be the equivalent to adding a star player. Morey could try to trade Asik and Beverley for Bledsoe (and fillers) and still have Lin coming off the bench.

7. bws

bws Member

Good way to lose Lin. You don't bring in a potential star who lit up the world at one time for your young player potential star. You develop chemistry with that player and the rest of the team and go out and play other high-level players like Bledsoe or others like MCW while securing a backup for Lin. Otherwise you trade Lin and say go start and thrive somewhere else.

I don't know what Bledsoe is like on a game-to-game basis and how much the system and coach where he is may get the best out of him. Houston's system doesn't get the best out of Lin. Don't know how anyone else would play with Harden, so coaches and systems and team mates make a difference.

8. basketballholic

Explain your reasoning for every player you listed except CP3, Curry, Parker, and Thomas. And remember, Dragic is the SG with Bledsoe at the point.

9. Remii

Remii Member

How do you know it's going to take Beverley much longer to come back...??? Huh...!!! Lol... I think a couple of guys have came back pretty quick from those injuries this year alone. And it's not like the Rockets were starting him because of his offense when he played like his hand was already broke on many of night... But Bev's injury may be a blessing in disguise for Lin and the Rockets. It gives them a chance to show case Lin for a good month and a half as a starter and gives Lin the opportunity to hold on to the starting job.

10. Remii

Remii Member

I know you say it's not definte but your top 8 may should be a top 10 with Kemba, Wall. MCW, Teague, Irving, and Holiday may should be somewhere on that list as well.

11. Swishh

Swishh Member

easy, i'll name 10 just for you.

CP3
    Westbrook
    Wall
    Curry
    Bledsoe
    Parker
    Lillard
    Kemba
    Isaiah Thomas
    Irving

12. Remii

Remii Member

Bledsoe has been good with two different teams in two different systems playing with two ball dominate guards. He should be perfect in this wide open system playing with Harden. And Lin is probably going to be moved eventually. There's been rumors of him being shopped since the draft. Only a matter of time...

13. Remii

Remii Member

Westbrook and Durant had no problems playing with Harden and neither does Parsons. And Lin has had some darn good games playing with Harden but just not consistent. Beverley plays well with Harden, he's just limited offensively.

Time to stop putting blame on everyone else...

14. bws

bws Member

Maybe it'll happen or not. I don't know. But the idea of someone to put before Lin should make Lin tell the team to trade him. For years Rondo was in trade rumor after trade rumor and he's still with the Celtics now.

15. bws

bws Member

When did I put blame on anyone? I said I don't know how Bledsoe would play with Harden and that's that. I can't assess the guy if I don't see him play on two different teams and see if he's treated differently and how he adapts to his situation. Harden wasn't "the man" in OKC, he came off of the bench so his position has changed now with the Rockets where he plays under McHale.

16. basketballholic

What rationale are you using for this list? I'll give you CP3, RB, Curry, and Parker.

But Kemba Walker? Nice player and all. But having a better year than Lin? Irving same thing. Great player. But he's not having a great year. Same thing with Wall.

What rationale are you using for this list?

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

I know that you put no thought into this list. Irving is having a terrible year he is shooting career low numbers right from the field and from 3.

18. mikster

mikster Rookie

If Lin doesn't get his starting position Back with the efficiency he s putting up trust me he ll be gone when his when his contract is due. He has always been leading his team his whole life I doubt he ll be sitting around here playing backup for bev. He/We all know what he can do in the right system (LInsanity) and current Houston is barely right for him.

19. timyeung

timyeung Member

Stats so far this season support the notion that Lin's offense is much stronger than Bev's offense, and that Bev's defensive ability has been overrated while Lin's defensive ability has been underrated:

Games so far this season where Bev played and Lin did not:

Bev - 5 pts. (24min) vs. (Nets: Livingston (10min.) 0 pts., Tyshawan Taylor 16 pts.)
    Bev - 11 pts. (37 min) vs. (Spurs: Parker - 27 pts.)
    Bev - 8 pts. (38 min) vs. (Jazz: Burke - 21 pts.)
    Bev - 12 pts. (42 min) vs. (Suns: Dragic - 19 pts.)
    Bev - 6 pts. (33 min) vs. (Warriors: Curry - 22 pts.)
    Bev - 9 pts. (39 min) vs. (Magic: Afflalo - 16 pts.)
    Bev - 6 pts. (31 min) vs. (Kings: Thomas - 19 pts.)
    Bev - 15 pts. (34 min) vs. (Bulls: Augustin - 8 pts.)
    Bev - 8 pts. (30 min) vs. (Pacers: Hill - 12 pts.)

Games so far this season where Lin played and Bev did not:

Lin- 14 points (30 min) vs (Mavericks: Calderon-0 pt).
    Lin--20 point s(36 min vs (Jazz: Tinsley-0 pt)
    Lin--14 points (30 min) vs (Clippers: Paul-23 pts)
    Lin -20 points (37 min) vs (Mavericks: Calderon: 15 pts)
    Lin--13 points (34 min) vs (Spurs: Parker--6 points).

20. cw3k

cw3k Member

If this list get the same treatment as Lin under McHale, they will be on the bench backing up AB. Most of these player, maybe with then exception of CP3 shoot terrible most of the time, especially in the first half. Under