1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Either Nene or Black can be traded

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cstyle42, Dec 22, 2017.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

What is even the point of Tarik Black, Bobby Brown, Demetrius Jackson, Chinanu Onuaku, Zhou Qi, Briante Weber & Troy Williams?

The 2011-2012 Charlotte Bobcats thinks that's a lot of scrubs. ;)

If I believed they could help, I would have played them. - Mike on guys 8-15 after Lakers loss.

"Is there someone else you can...

I don't know right now. I'll look at it & try to figure it out. If I felt that, I would have played them."

No idea if any of the following are worth a damn.

G Trey Burke(Westchester Knicks)
    G Toney Douglas
    G Kay Felder
    G Gary Payton II
    G Brian Roberts(Greece)
    G Sergio Rodriguez(Russia)
    G Donald Sloan(Texas Legends)
    G Beno Udrih
    G Deron Williams

G Alan Anderson
    G Jordan Crawford
    G Monta Ellis
    G Randy Foye
    G Gerald Green
    G John Jenkins(Spain)
    G Anthony Morrow
    G Gary Neal(Spain)
    G Brandon Rush
    G Rodney Stuckey

F Josh Childress(Australia)
    F Mike Dunleavy
    F Alonzo Gee
    F Mindaugas Kuzminskas
    F Georges Niang(Santa Cruz Warriors)
    F Andrew Nicholson(China)
    F Hollis Thompson(Greece)

F Brandon Bass(China)
    F Boris Diaw(France)
    F Jordan Hill
    F Kris Humphries
    F Shawn Long(Delaware 87ers)
    F Donatas Motiejunas(China)
    F Cameron Oliver(Wisconsin Herd)
    F Thomas Robinson(Russia)
    F Luis Scola(China)
    F Josh Smith
    F Jared Sullinger(China)
    F Derrick Williams

C Lavoy Allen(China)
    C Chris Andersen
    C Fetus Ezeli
    C Justin Hamilton(China)
    C Spencer Hawes
    C Roy Hibbert
    C Emeka Okafor(Delaware 87ers)
    C Kendrick Perkins(Canton Charge)
    C Larry Sanders
    C Kevin Seraphin(Spain)
    C Tiago Splitter
    C Anderson Varejao

srrm, Nook and Pen15clubber like this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Nene is fine. It is just that he has a minutes threshold where his production severely drops. He has a limit. It is known.

Black? traded absolutely.

saleem, Rocket River and luckyman76 like this.
  3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

We've seen both Smith and Montrezl play C on the Rockets, and we disagree on their effectiveness. Secondly, you say we need a center for primarily offensive purposes; I say for defensive purposes. There's no point in us arguing past here.

I'd prefer we get some fresh blood with potential and not just another re-tread, anyways.

4. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Ryan Anderson for Robin Lopez

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I'd do it. Btw i like Nene on this team i just don't see the same guy from last year he looks like he's about to get hurt.

6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

If Tyson Chandler gets bought out we are one of the few teams he’s interested in (via cod) and the connection is obvious.

I’ve long felt this year we won’t see any trades to the team except possibly black, Troy and scrubs.

NeNe has been described as hardens mentor multiple multiple times publicly. He will be here.

saleem, RocketsTerps and Deuce like this.
  7. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Nenes good for like 15 minutes. He cant give much more at this point

8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Don’t really like

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Remember, folks, Father Time is undefeated.

And Nene is Father Time's older brother.

roxallways and J.R. like this.
  10. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

We will have to agree to disagree on this one. I believe that at his age he cant be counted on for more than 15 productive minutes in a regular season game. Dantoni acts as if we cant ride him too hard right now.

11. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets are not dealing Nene unless he has to be included in a larger deal for salary purposes and it greatly improves the Rockets. That is very unlikely. Nene is solid as a 10-15 minute back up 5. Other than injury concerns and possible over use, I don’t worry about him.

Black is the Rocket most likely to be dealt. His contract is small but he can be packaged with Q or a draft pick for a better player making similar money on a rebuilding team. For example the Rockets could send him to a team for a back up point guard. For example Barrea, Chalmers, Daniels or Grant. It allows the Rockets to add very limited salary and possibly expand the rotation.

There will be some players available from China and Europe but that gets close to butting up against the apron. Rockets would ideally like someone young to be adequate at point guard or center for very limited minutes. They have Black and Nene at center so they targeted point guard with Weber and Jackson. If the Rockets deal Black they will likely sign a young center to try and get limited minutes from.

Everyone is talking about buyouts and the Rockets adding a rotation piece and that is the goal. However there are no guarantees the Rockets get their pick of bought out players and very possible the selection is mediocre. Joe Johnson has really struggled in Utah but no guarantee the Jazz buy him out. Even if he is bought out teams like GS, SA, OKC, BOS and CLV will be attractive destinations. Greg Monroe is likely to not be bought out. Tyson Chandler has another year after this one so he isn’t likely to be bought out. Aaron Affalo is no longer good enough to make a rotation. Not sure the Rockets would have any interest.

Also Ryan Anderson IS tradeable but it is for players with similar contracts. The Rockets can deal him right now for Evan Turner for example; but does that help the Rockets? The Rockets then have a need at PF. The Rockets can likely deal Anderson for Dudley and Chandler, but does that really improve the Rockets?

The one key Rocket piece that could be moved is Eric Gordon, but it would have to be for a clear up grade. There is always a slight chance of Capela being moved if a star player unexpectedly is made available at the deadline, but it isn’t very likely.

To the person wanting Michael Beasley, will never happen. Morey moved him because D’Antoni didn’t want him and wouldn’t play him.

hakeem94, Deuce and saleem like this.
  12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Always good to hear from you Nook. Which of the FA's are worth going after? Do you think Morey will go after some of them?

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Tells you all you really need to know about Nanu's status right now.

saleem likes this.
  14. Progs

Progs Member

Tyson Chandler