1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Egypt's Muslims attend Coptic Christmas mass, serving as "human shields"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KaiSeR SoZe, Jan 7, 2011.

1. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Obviously not going to be mentioned in the U.S. media BUT:

2 people like this.
  2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Wow....good read. Thanks.

3. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

That's really a great story.

4. Apps

Apps Member

Only thousands, huh? And what, pray tell, were the other 70,000,000 Egyptians doing?

At home supporting TERRORISM, probably!

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

LOL! I hope thats sarcasm?

How are 70M people suppose to get together?

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Those Christians using human shields... jeeeez.

7. NMS is the Best

Positive story about Muslims too boring for media. Media wants crazy extremist Muslim.

8. Apps

Apps Member

That's precisely what it is. The point is is that this isn't going to be "good enough" for some people. 100 Muslims could form a terrorist group and thereby become the "image" of Islam, whereas 1000s of Muslims on the streets trying to protect their Christian cousins will be seen as no more than an "exception to the rule". I'm not trying to poison the well for anyone on this board, because I'm sure no one will come in here and try to divert from the point that what these Egyptians Muslims did was the right thing, only that my former point is an inevitable reality (unfortunately).

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Excellent story!

Now if we could replicate this kind of solidarity across various world conflicts, we'd be headed in the right direction

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

this is exactly what the middle east needs.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is awesome. I wish more stories like this would be publicized. Thanks for sharing.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This is very good. I had posted in the other thread that this was happening in the Netherlands as well.

13. showtang043

showtang043 Member

I just got back from Pakistan and in a much smaller scale heard of neighbors who were muslim standing up for their christian neighbors who received threats and I read some great quotes about how the neighbors were like yea we believe in certain things, but these people grew up next to us, our kids play together, they try to make a living just like us, they are our neighbors and if someone has threatened them we will protect them and stand in the way. I was happy to have heard of that and this is an even more amazing story, wish it would get more exposure in any media here in the states

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's a case where exposure and integration with each other shows that the humanity is greater than the differences.

The people that seem the most anti-muslim usually are people isolated from any real meaningful interaction with Muslims. If people got to see each other for the people they are instead of the monsters they are often portrayed as in the media things would be a lot better. Sadly there isn't any real way to make it happen on a large scale.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes it is awesome as well as already posted.

DD

16. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

17. da_juice

da_juice Member

I don'r know whether to be happy that these Muslims were willing to shield Coptics or to be sad that these Coptics need .