1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Effin RIDICULOUS (My first playoff game experience)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreaMac, Apr 25, 2009.

1. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

...just RIDICULOUS. Thats all I can say...This was the first playoff game of my life. I was sooo pumped up. And let me add this in, the intro was SICK to say the least. WAY WAY better than I expected. With all the flames and stuff. And those thunder sticks they gave us at the entrance, they had a red light in it and when the lights went out during the intro, you could see nothing but red lights. SICK.

But anyways, back to the topic. I was really pumped up and was expecting the arena to be packed and rocking at the start. Well as soon as the lights came back on and they got ready to play, I looked at the lower ball, and as usual it was half empty. Are u effin serious? ITS THE PLAYOFFS. We have the best chance in years to finally get out of the first round again, and this is what the Rockets get? Im telling you, HALF EMPTY. Those suites, TOTALLY EMPTY. I really thought a packed, loud arena would put alot of pressure on these young blazers. It wasnt till close to halftime when some people finally showed up and then the lower ball was like 3/4th filled and the suites were like a little less than half filled. This is TURRIBLE. And the problem is, you can only see the lower ball on TV. They never show the upper level area and that gives us a bad national reputation. That shows how much we care about the Rockets. Just disappointing. It was the first time that I actually felt ashamed of being a Rocket fan. Only for a couple of moments though, because the upper level was full and loud as always as soon as the game started.

Overall, this was by far the best experience of my life. Glad the Rockets pulled it out. But seriously, this is an issue that has be resolved somehow.

/rant

2. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Oh and I forgot to add, they presented the award to Mutombo and we did have "DEKE" chants throughout the game. It was good to see him happy.

3. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Glad you enjoyed your first playoff game. It's totally different from regular season. Unfortunately, the high rollers in the lower bowl would rather mingle in the Lexus Lounge than watch the game from their seat.

By the way, it's "lower bowl" not "lower ball". Lower ball is something entirely different :eek: :eek:

4. jedicro

jedicro Member

Really? I remember hearing a chant about mid way through. I thought it was "Portland Sucks" but I couldn't be sure. Elaborate please :D

5. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Hahahaha.

Lucky you. And hahahaha.

So these "lower bowl" tickets are reserved?

6. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

I was at the game I thought it was a pretty good turn out bro, you also gotta add that it was an awful rainy stormy day man, so i bet many people didnt want to drive in that nasty weather.

7. dafranchise0309

This was not thread worthy. I attended the game as well and would have to disagree with you. Being a season ticket holder this game was just as loud as the LA and first UTA games. The lower bowl doesn't start to fill until about 5 mins into the game so I was not worried when it was not full at the start of the game. The crowd tonight was loud and boisterous throughout. Chanting a "Portland SUCKS" was hilarious.

The intro was the sickest intro I've ever witnessed. Every thing about it was amazing!! Can't wait for Sunday!

8. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Whoa thats a BIG mistake there lol. I know its lower bowl but i was just in a hurry to type and head to bed so I didnt pay attention. Wish I could edit it.

9. jeremy99

jeremy99 Contributing Member

I think it had a lot to do with the weather. It was pouring outside and the the traffic was ridiculous because of it.

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

what's sad is that people still left early.

wish it didn't rain today. i don't want blazer fans to feel like they are still in Portland.

11. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Yeah it was DEKE chants throughout the game. They kept showing him on the main screen and they chanted his name. Atleast the Upper level were. I was in 415 and it was pretty loud chant there.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

if the people in the upper level can make it on time during this weather, why couldnt the lower level peeps do the same? tickets arent distributing according to location in the city...it's just the corporate seats that stay empty. As well wealthy people that dont care much about the game, but use it to socialize. It was still empty in some areas as the game went on. It happens here a lot, we have a lot of fair weather fans...

13. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Well maybe I was disappointed because it was my first playoff game. I went to about 10 games and it was the same story. But I thought playoffs would be different.

But yeah the "Portland Sucks" chants were pretty loud. Also the "Flopper" chants when BRoy got a foul called and went to the line lol. Hilarious.

14. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

This topic has been brought up over and over and over.

Les sells a lot of those tickets to companies and corporate sponsors blah blah blah... They either don't show up to the games or spend the whole time there with their yuppie companions in the "Lexus Lounge".

Also, some of those tickets are EXPENSIVE.

The tickets I split are lower bowl, but they are farther up to the left of the screen and about 4 times cheaper than those you see on TV.

#14 WhoMikeJames, Apr 25, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  15. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

the crowd sounded great and it didn't look terrible on tv but the thing that pisses me off is the mass amounts of people who can't unify and put a freaking red shirt on. It looks stupid when you have gaps of guys wearing their suits. You don't have to fu$king GQ at the rockets' game.

17. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Thats just sad. Wish they would do something about it. Like give them away in some competitions or something. It would be a good way to advertise their company + we wouldn't have to see all those empty seats.

18. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

On tv it appeared as the crowd just kicked back and watched, nothing like the Portland fans showed . I've gotten use to it

19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

lower bowl tickets are expensive, EVERYWHERE, so that's not an excuse. fans in their seats wasn't a problem, the whole not unifying was though... I guess we can't get everything.

the cheering came off great on tv though.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i saw a guy with a red t shirt, and he put his Dream pajama jersey over it, i was like WTF?? you'd rather wear an outdated jersey of a player whos not even playing, than support the team with the current theme?? Crazy..