1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Edward Cullen vs. Jacob Black

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by akperez, Oct 30, 2008.

Tags:
?

Who's Better?

1. Edward Cullen

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Jacob Black

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. akperez

akperez Contributing Member

The Vampire or the Werewolf? I'm in the middle of the Twilight series and I'm torn!!!!! Just curious! ;)

2. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

You do remember that there are only about 5 other girls on the site, right?

I always found Jacob to be annoying and kind of douchebaggy... so I voted for Edward :eek:

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I am a Jacob girl. I knew exactly how the series would end halfway through book three.

How far are you into the series.

4. akperez

I'm on Eclipse :) Can't wait for the movie. I'm hooked! I'm on the fence.....Jacob is kind of annoying at times but then Edward, as perfect as he is, is almost TOOO controlling. Seems unhealthy...lol. Maybe b/c I just finished reading the kidnapping part. haha.

5. akperez

haha...I know. But I've seen a few guys admit to reading the series. I took my chances b/c I was really curious! I'll probably be able to choose when I actually finish the series. Right now I'm leaning towards Jacob...but it could be b/c I'm in the early stages of Eclipse.

* Oh and it's about 5 girls that we know about and who actually post!!!! Maybe I'll draw out the others ;)

6. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

As only Jay could say:

"What the f8#k are you b$%@*&s babblin' 'bout?"

7. Hayesfan

Jacob's character is the only one I can identify with. Edward is too... pardon the pun... cold. Actually the chapters from his point of view on her website almost turned me to his side.

There will be moments that you want to strangle Jacob before you get to the end of the series, but everything he does is completely in character. I am just glad at the way that the story resolves itself. I would have been disappointed had I been wrong about the ending.

8. akperez

The chapters from Edwards POV? I will have to read them when I finish the series.

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

wow i was hoping this would be the one place i could go to get away from that.

like every single woman at work here is reading or has read those books and keep talking about edward all freaking day long.

10. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Can someone fill me in on this phenomenon? I've heard it mentioned liked 4 times in the past 24 hours. :confused:

11. akperez

Well, maybe you should read them so you can join in----you MAY actually score some brownie points... lol.

SORRY! But compared to what we have to endure....I don't feel guilty about my one little poll. ;)

12. akperez

lol....probably because the movie is coming out 11/21. The book series has been out for a while but with all the hype from the movie I'm betting people are going out and reading the books to see what the fuss is about. That's how I got started and I'm hooked now. :eek:

13. akperez

[​IMG]

14. Hayesfan

Yes. She was going to do a full rewrite of Twilight from Edwards POV but someone leaked her chapters so like a baby she decided to quit.

Yoyo - Tell them that lusting after a 17 year old is disgusting. ;)

15. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I actually made a deal with a female friend that I would read Twilight if she would read Ender's Game.

What can I say? I'm a man of my word.

I actually read all of them, but I don't want to comment for fear of spoiling everything for Miss Perez.

16. Isabel

Isabel Member

this doesn't sound like something I could stand to read.

17. akperez

Didn't think I would either....but it's just what I needed right now....some escapism and fun! It's not like it's top notch literary stuff...but she definitely has a way of sucking you into the story and feeling what the characters are feeling. I am definitely enjoying the series for what it is!!!

18. Hayesfan

Did she like Orson Scott Card? I enjoy his stuff a lot. I haven't read very much of it, but since he was a Firefly fan I checked out a few of his books.