1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eddie Robinson likely out 8-10 weeks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by NIKEstrad, Oct 28, 2001.

1. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So much for that MIP award, huh GB?

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/bulls_story.asp?intID=3719227

The Bulls may have to open the season without a true small forward on the active roster.

Eddie Robinson was diagnosed Saturday with what was called a sesamoid fracture of the left big toe. A team spokesman said surgery that could keep Robinson sidelined for 8-10 weeks is likely. However, the Bulls' prized free agent will undergo further tests Monday.

Robinson played 43 minutes in Friday's 110-106 overtime victory against Denver at the United Center. He had 12 points, 8 rebounds and put the Bulls ahead for good in the overtime with an 18-foot baseline jumper.

I know a team with about 6 million small forwards, that may be able to trade you one...for a price. How is Walt Williams sounding to you now? ;)

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Wizard for Curry to go down in 20 minutes. Stay tuned :D

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Damn it! I'd much rather have Chandler! :D

4. Iron McFist

Iron McFist Member

We must take what we can get! And head for the hills!

5. outlaw

outlaw Member

Walt Williams for Brad Miller straight up works.

6. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Contributing Member

LOL.

Could this be the remaining acquistion Doc Rocket mentioned? Hmm... :D

7. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Today, for the first time in a long time, I hung my head and thought that we might really end up in a long, long term spiral before we climb out of this...at least I have the Bears and Cubs looking up.... :(

We'll probably sign Jimmy Jackson, Scott Burrell, Jerome Kersey, Doug West, Mario Ellie, or Johnny Newman as a fill in...

8. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

You do not want Jimmy Jackson. Bad influence on a young team, and he is essentially the same player as Mercer is.

I think getting Elie would help give the Bulls some more toughness to go with Oakley.

I think Elie still has a little bit of game left, but Oakley looks to be finished.