1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eddie Griffin will Get 3yrs/$5.7MM

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by apostolic3, Jul 20, 2005.

1. munco

munco Member

this thread had some hilarious posts. just thought i'd state that.

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I thought Eddie did a good job in "Undercover Brother," and who can forget his unbelievable performance in the hit show "Malcolm and Eddie."

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Does he get a bonus for not shooting his girl in those 3 years?

Player incentives include- showing up to practice, reserving his emotions for on the court, and not getting arrested.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Thank god, tear up McHale's commitment papers.

5. droxford

droxford Member

Here's why my hatred for EG transcends basketball:

1) Because I can't friggin' stand to see a guy have talent, fame and success and then foolishly throw it away for ridiculously stupid reasons. I really hate someone like that. There are countless millions of others who could make so much better use of their lives if they had that, and this guy decides to risk it all by doing drugs, shooting at people, and going to jail. A person like that deserves the slimy ghetto he came from. He deserves **** because that's what he makes of his own life.

2) Because people in the Rockets organization worked hard and sacrificed to bring him to their organization. A city of millions was anxious to welcome him. In return, he failed to show up to work. He failed to follow drug rules. He failed to obey the law. He milked as much money as he could from the Rockets, let down the fans and kids of this city, and then left. Piss on him.

Those reasons are more important than basketball.

The only example he can set for kids is to show them what NOT to do. He's a disgrace who deserves nothing good in life. I anxiously await the day that he gets shot, gets raped in prison, or dies from a drug overdose. He's just a sleazy ghetto thug, who deserves the life and death of sleazy ghetto thug.

No, I don't have pity or sympathy for him as a troubled kid who is fighting off drug addiction and depression.
    No, I don't think he should be given another chance (he's already blown off his second chances)
    No, I have no sympathy for him watsoever.
    Yes, I am agitated to continually hear his name, see him play, and read threads about him on this bbs.

And I'm really sick of seeing this debate over and over again. I've posted my feelings about EG before, and I think this will be my last one. From this time forward, I will just link to this post.

6. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

:confused:

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Thanks, I think a link will be preferable to hearing the hate over and over. Thanks for the explanation too. I guess I understand now, though I'm surprised by the lack of empathy.

8. droxford

droxford Member

As long as there are people in this world, we will be surrounded by hate and prejudice. Better get used to it.

sorry... the EG threads just get my blood pressure up.

.... serenity now... serenity now... serenity now....

9. parlaynhustle

parlaynhustle Contributing Member

eg made a lot of mistakes in his career but ill still take him over vin baker or spoon any day....

10. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

How are you surprised with the lack of empathy? I honestly dont see how hard it is to understand droxfords point of view. Someone who has been given a gift to make something out of his life and could impact the lives of many others decides to do stupid things and throw it away.

Look at what Deke did this last season with the hospital, and this isnt the first time he has done things like this. Look at what Hakeem did for the Houston community for so many years. You cant even start to count how many scholarships he gave out to students.

Forget EG giving a 100% out there on the court. But if he just used his head once in a while, he could be in a position to make a great life for himself and others. Now I know he is back in that position right now, but what he does in the years to come will tell if he deserved it. Him gettin thrown in jail again is not helping. And no, a drug problems is not a valid reason for him to get any empathy from me.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Clinical depression? Or, do you not think that stuff's real?

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Any psychological diagnosis is VERY subjective to the diagnoser- it's why I dropped out of college and a psych degree. You can go to 10 different shrinks and get 10 different diagnoses. It's not so much a science as it is an opinion based on years and years of study.

So in short- does Griffin have problems? It doesn't take a degree or certification to figure that one out. Can he overcome them by himself? I would say that he could give it a shot.

I really hope it works out for the guy. Sure, he flushed a great opportunity down the toilet, but I don't think he doesn't deserve a second chance.

13. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

Tom Cruise will tell you that it doesn't exist. emphatically.

what an a$$-hat.