1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Eddie Griffin on David Letterman (Mar. 19, Wed)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by amare, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drapg

drapg Member

I guarantee that if an "Eddie Griffin" shows up on Letterman, it will be the comedian, not ours.

Athletes usually only show up on late night after winning championships or titles. Rarely do they otherwise. Having our Griffin would be the equivalent of seeing Charles Johnson on Conan. Makes no sense.

2. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

Haha!!!

Undercover Brother was hilarious!!!

3. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Since the show is on Wednesday and the NCAA Tournament starts Thursday I'm betting that it will be an interview dealing somehow with the NCAA tourney. Some kind of gimmicky thing that typically goes on those late night shows. Griffin did go to the tourney two yrs ago. That's my best guess.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I am 100% confident that it is a typo on the Late Show web site and that comedian Eddie Griffin will be the guest.

5. MAMI33

MAMI33 Member

OH MY GODNESS!!! Just let it go! Yae he might be unknown & quite but none of ya'll know him personally so how would ya'll know if it's gonna be that boring! I know most of ya'll gonna ignore me but I guess since I like Eddie I'm juss talkin!:rolleyes:

6. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually, Seton Hall went to the NIT.

7. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Come on guys our Eddie is a perfect Letterman guest. Dave books guests that are a bit weird, quiet and such, so he can play on how different they are. I made the same observation about Eddie a few weeks ago, dude is freaking hilarious. That "brake check" thing he does still cracks me up!

8. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

And lost to Bama in the first round.

Anyway, Sam Cassell was on Letterman once!

..of course that was after the championship, and all they talked about was how he dropped the trophy.

9. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Heck, Dave isn't even hosting that episode, so there's no point in watching anyways...

10. jshabang

jshabang Member

This has got to be a typo on CBS's behalf.........Or maybe the person who updates the website is a drunk:D

11. akperez

akperez Contributing Member

Yeah, but does Eddie Griffn (the comedian) have anything out right now to plug? I don't think so. So maybe it is our Eddie Griffin? Just a thought.

12. MAMI33

MAMI33 Member

Yea he do be havin weird guest! Why is it so hard for everybody to believe that My BABY!:D (Eddie) will be on the show!

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Is Eddie cheating on EddieWasSnubbed or are you his Mama?

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

hahahahahahahhahahahahaahhaha

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So what does Eddie Griffin of the Rockets have to plug? Do you seriously think the Rockets would allow him to fly from the Pacific northwest THE DAY OF THE GAME against Portland? Letterman's shows are generally taped in the late afternoon the same day they air.

Give it up folks. Eddie Griffin of the Rockets has a previous engagement on Wednesday, March 19.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Listen to the pro! If AB says Eddie is entertaining, that settles it.

. . .[giggle] Somebody must have screwed up. . . or maybe they have a big time Rox fan on the Letterman crew?

17. MAMI33

MAMI33 Member

Oh See U Think u FUNNY! Is koo doe! I aint got nuttin to worry bout! :D

18. mikeg2003

mikeg2003 Member

Did you see who's gonna be on the show Thurs., Houston Astro Jose Viscaino!!!! But seriously the comedian Eddie Griffn has a movie coming out this or next week so that's why it's gonna be him on the show and not our ray of sunshine Rocket.

19. PhiSlammaJamma

Somebody Check Entertainment magazine. They list the weekly guests.

20. PhiSlammaJamma

ha ha. Barbara Walters and then Eddie Griffin. That would be great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.