1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

EDDIE GRIFFIN NEEDS MORE MINUTES!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EGRULES, Dec 1, 2001.

1. EGRULES

EGRULES Member

im new to the forum but i have been coming to clutchcity.net 4 about 9 months. as my 1st post i just wanna say i believe eddie griffin needs to play more. why do we have him if we arent going to play him? hes better the cato and willis and if rudy puts walt as center y not eddie? also i think rudy's time wit the rockets is over. he needs 2 retire just lke larry dierker did. Rudy still believes he needs a half court offense. WE ARE A RUNNIN TEAM NOW!!!!!!:mad: thaxs 4 readin

2. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

Welcome to the Clutch City! :) (well, not much "clutch" lately but ...)

Yup! EG needs more minutes. For one I don't care much about his scoring, but his defense will no doubt give this team a huge lift!!! (see the 2nd quarter of the Spurs game)

Rudy, what have you been drinking??? Please wake up and coach!!! DAMMIT! :mad:

3. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Yeah, Eddie stuffed Duncan, Robinson, and someone else and had like 7 boards, in limited minutes, against San Antonio. He was awesome on the defensive end.

4. Rockets10

Rockets10 Contributing Member

Eddie Griffin needs to stop shooting only 3-pointers. That is all he does. He is not that good yet at shooting. He needs to do some other things on the floor first before we give him anymore minutes.

5. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Welcome to Clutch City EGRULES

I think Eddie Griffin should get 12 minutes per game- building up to 15 minutes. I saw him rebound and block 2 shots at the San Antonio game. He will do much more than shoot the 3. I have high hopes for EG....

6. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

The only reason most of his field goal attempts are threes is because the only place he gets the ball at is behind the arc. He always picks for Moochie, and steps behind the arc, and is usually open.

7. drpepper

drpepper Member

Eddie is playing behind Kenny Freakin Thomas. The dude could have been the first pick in the draft. Rudy, who do you think gives opposing coaches more headaches, KT or Eddie. And why do you only play him in the 2nd quater ???? Kenny hardly even last year, what makes him the veteran?

And anyone who says "he's only 19" isn't considering all the other players in the league that are also 19 or 18 like Darius Miles, Kwame Brown, Donnell Harvey, Mike Miller, Eddy Curry.....

8. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

It's almost as if Rudy has something against Eddie.....I mean why not let the kid play more...Is it because he is 19? So what? who cares? Wasn't Magic playing in NBA when he was 19...besides he will 20 before long...perhaps this will make Rudy feel better about him getting the necessary minutes...Do it now, at least when the Rockets have several injured players...experience is the best teacher...

9. Hydra

Hydra Member

High school players and freshmen do not make an impact their first year. Look at Garnett, Bryant, O'Neal, Harrington, Bender, and McGrady. It will take EG a couple of years to make an impact on this team. That is why guys like Battier and Gasol are playing great but we don't hear anything about Chandler, Curry, and Brown. If you were looking for the Rockets rookie to make an impact when they got Griffin, then you haven't been paying attention to the young players in the league.

10. Sane

Sane Member

You mean like Tony Parker?

I wouldn't mind getting that much production from Griffin. Don't tell me Parker is in the right situation, because our starting PF is out with injury and we have just as much if not better chance to win games with him in the game.

11. Hydra

Hydra Member

Being the PG for San Antonio and the Lakers are the two easiest jobs in the league. Dribble past half court, pass to the big man in the post. Repeat.

12. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Does anyone know how old Torres is?

13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I am sure at the present moment KT gives more "headaches" to opposing coaches. The guy is probably the only Rocket who has improved from last year. He held his own against Duncan yesterday. He can drive past any 4 in the league and has a decent outside jumper. Also he is no slouch on the defensive side either.

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I think Thomas is playing well enough to keep his minutes, but there are times when walt or rice plays the 4 which a drunk man move. Griffin should get at least 20 min a game. When rudy subs and bring in willis, thats when griffin should play also. People talk about Garnett, but he was starting by the 20th game. In the last 30 games of the yr, Garnett was avg 16 pts and 9 rebs. The guy needs to play, just like Morris or Langhi. Even healtthy, we are barely .500 and struggling to get in the playoffs. We need to see what we have. I'm not throwing in the towel, but we need to see what we have in Griffin , Morris, and Langhi. Its Crazy to bring this up, but Torres keeps playing well and continues to play well for the next couple of yrs, either he or Mobley could be part of the deal for Duncan.

15. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's 22.

Is it just me, or does anyone else see EG currently more suited to be a 3, not a 4? Inside he has that good, quick, high release that would seem to be most effective against smaller guys, and he has range out to the 3 point line. He doesn't have the strength to defend the 4, and while his rebounding and shot blocking are average at this point for a 4, they're great for a 3. He has no ball handeling skills but so what?

16. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Amen, let him play!

Let him have Walt's minutes at the 3.

17. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

Torres aint 22, he's 25.

18. DonKnutts

DonKnutts Contributing Member

Is that in American or Dominican years?