1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eddie featured on NBA tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by franchise403, Jan 18, 2002.

1. franchise403

franchise403 Member

Eddie Griffin was just featured on the nba tonight. They talked about how EG shoots similar to Eddie Johnson and how easy he makes the game look. They also talked about him being a clutch player and hitting big shots late in games and they talked about how sound defensively he is. The last thing they said was how much of a difference he makes when starting to coming off the bench and they showed that as a starter he usually puts up bigger numbers. Just thought I would pass this on.

2. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

Did they apologize for not putting him on the rookie team? Well ... I guess not. :rolleyes:

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Member

Rudy really needs to start Gfiffin. I am tired of him catalyticing this kid around. Start Eddie!

4. DearRock

DearRock Member

He is certainly not going to get ROY from the bench!

5. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

NBA Tonight is on ESPN. They have nothing to do with the rookie team.

6. Wakko67

Wakko67 Member

Considering we didn't even play last night I was caught by surprise by the Griff feature. They really seem to like his game. Fred Carter and the crew really praise The Rockets instead of kicking them while they're down. They even had Griff in the "double clutch" section a couple of games ago. A while back they also had a feature on Steve and his impact on the team.

NBA 2 Nite has me sold!

:cool:

7. ROCS4LIFE

ROCS4LIFE Member

I also want Rudy-T to start EG, but I think the reason his not, is probally because he wants a strong bench. He wants somebody to come up big from the bench. But I don't know that's just my reason.

8. gr8-1

gr8-1 Member

BTW, I had high hopes for Eddie, but he is MUCH better than I thought. I expected this production in his 3rd year, not this year.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

gr-8,

Me too, his maturity is amazing for a rookie, much less a 19 year old kid.

I would argue that he is already more mature then Francis and Mobley, and that the Rockets will REALLY take off when he is the featured player.

DD

10. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

No,
    The Rockets will take off when Francis and Mobley mature. This offensive system is built around them. If the Rockets starting five had the maturity that Griffin has, This team would be hard to beat.

11. treeman

treeman Member

I still haven't seen him smile. I like that - he all bidness... :D

12. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Member

no-nonsense is good. :)