1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC Semifinals] (2)Toronto vs. (3)Boston

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Aug 23, 2020.

?

(2)Toronto vs. (3)Boston

Poll closed Aug 31, 2020.
  1. Raptors in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Raptors in 5

11.1%
  3. Raptors in 6

27.8%
  4. Raptors in 7

16.7%
  5. Celtics in 7

5.6%
  6. Celtics in 6

27.8%
  7. Celtics in 5

5.6%
  8. Celtics in 4

5.6%
  1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If we had Lowry instead of Westbrook, we'd be up 2-1

King1 and TWS1986 like this.
  2. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

finally the refs **** over a team i wanted to lose. make good use of it toronto.

but that 2nd overtime was unbelievable.

also, kyle lowry was literally one of the worst playoff performers of all time for like 3 or 4 straight years and now he's clutch AF. don't know how he turned it around, but happy for him (assume playing and winning with kawhi gave him more confidence). now if only he wasn't almost as big of a flopper as marcus smart.

hakeem94 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  3. TimDuncanDonaut

4. JW86

JW86 Member

Game of the year!! WOW what an amazing 4th quarter and OT. Big shot after big shot, big play after big play by different guys, but mainly Theis, Marcus & Tatum on Celtics end and VanVleet, Anunoby, Lowry & Powell on Raptors end. I do have to say, if Raptors had lost due to no big man and Lowry on Theis for consecutive possessions, I would've seriously been livid at Nick Nurse as a player. Ibaka was going crazy on the bench. I would demand a trade or coach fired in that moment. That was inexcusable and it happened 2 plays in a row. They got lucky, really lucky in that regard, but just made ballsy plays on the other end.

That 3 by OG right off the screen and Lowry kept hitting shots with big guys on him, crazy, simply they willed it in. They refused to lose w/ Powell coming up really big with the 3, the steal and the and1. Westbrook might have the intensity, but not that clutch ice in his veins and RoCo will have the defensive prowess, but offensively we have nobody let alone a few guys ready to take those shots. I do think while it was nice of Nurse to try and reward Powell by giving him the last shot in the 4th for the game winner, but you have to go with the guys who have proven to make plays like that. Lowry and FVV were hitting threes, difficult ones and I would've gone with Kyle myself.

So happy Raptors pulled it off. Referees made some solid calls and gladly let them play as well, it was a bit weird but I saw no agenda though wouldn't be surprised if they made calls to extend the series.

B-Bob likes this.
  5. Fefo

Fefo Member

Lowry is a baller man.
    Awesome game, love this series. Celtic fans will be in suicide watch if they loose this series , after almost going up 3-0.

King1 likes this.
  6. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

If only we had Magic Johnson, we'd be up 3-0 :).

B-Bob likes this.
  7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The Celtics are good but are still too young/inexperienced. There were some critical possessions in OT where Jaylen Brown coughed up the ball or decided it was a good time to jack up a 3 with 20 seconds left on the shot clock. I'm saying all of this and I'm a huge Jaylen and Jayson fan.

Rudy T was right man: Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion. If Houston gets eliminated I want to see a LAC vs Toronto Finals.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Very good game 6 between these two. It deserved one last game but Boston is still the better overall team. They'll come out with a W in game 7

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

That play at the end of the game where Nick Nurse was basically standing in the corner on the line...coach had no business being there. It should have been a technical foul. Boston turned it over even though the passer who passed it toward Nick didn't blame him. But, that was bullsh_t. He shouldn't have been anywhere near that spot. What was he doing other than trying to bait a Boston player into thinking he's a player on the floor?

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I still wish we would have signed Lowry a few years ago instead of telling him to wait for Melo to make a decision, smh.

hakeem94 and waytookrzy079 like this.
  11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

On the real, Lowry would be a very good pairing with The Beard, I've always thought.

HP3, adoo and CK Johnson like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thunder Lizard

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Game 7, let's go!

daywalker02 and B-Bob like this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Man Marcus Smart is so good man.

15. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

damn if brown is out for next series heat get a free win i think

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

VanVleet has become a shorter version of Eric Gordon.

17. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

damn siakam sucks lmao raptors stuck on his contract for a long time its ok though they won a title

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  18. TimDuncanDonaut

A game 7, 4 points differential with a minute to go. Bubble games so close.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Man raptors had a great chance. No Lowry is going to make it hard.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  20. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Toronto gotta get a better play in.