1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC Semifinals] (2)Brooklyn vs. (3)Milwaukee

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 4, 2021.

?

Nets vs. Bucks

Poll closed Jun 5, 2021.
  1. Nets in 4

6.6%
  2. Nets in 5

9.2%
  3. Nets in 6

51.3%
  4. Nets in 7

13.2%
  5. Bucks in 7

7.9%
  6. Bucks in 6

10.5%
  7. Bucks in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Bucks in 4

1.3%
  1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

His body will tell him what to do when he is on the court.

Being on the court and being actually productive on the court are two separate matters.

Ramo$e likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

like I said earlier today, this series is probably going 7

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

doesn't really matter. He's playing tonight whether anyone here likes it or not

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Lol.

So now it's about your standards?

And you keep ignoring everything else he did in that game, how about the 8 assist?

Kobe was way more inefficient yet he is somehow a basketball god, like I said he is judged differently.

just look at the narrative surrounding Giannis or Butler, they have had far worst flameouts and yet they are darlings.

it's amazing the lengths some will go to **** on Harden.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Playing maybe.

Performing no.

That's what really matters.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

I think he performs pretty well in his return. we shall see.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

9. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

If that boxscore is not above average than that metric is doo doo.

Is making 2 more shots that meaningful?

Is the 7 turnovers the difference?

Since when is ORtg how we judge a performance?

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

the refs took away his signature playoff moment in game 7 of the WCF

what could’ve been 42 points on 13-28 shooting in a win ended up as 32 points on 12-29 shooting in a loss

ElPigto likes this.
  13. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I'm here for Harden possibly playing game 5, since it adds so much drama and interest into this pivotal game.

It could be the defining playoff moment of his career. He might come out and perform incredibly, horribly or something in between. Worst case scenario is he gets injured worst (grade 3 strain or another injury due to compensation) while the best case scenario is he leads the Nets to victory and stay healthy.

Either way I don't disagree with Harden being able to make the decision to play, assuming his or the team doctors clear him. Just like I disagree with criticism the warriors got for Durant playing and getting injured, I don't think the Nets should be blame if things doesn't work out. These guys aren't kids, they've got their own doctors and advisors and themselves to rely on. As JVG said on the Lowe Post today, "as long as the team isn't the one pushing him to play, he's fine with it."

Tip off is in 4 and half long hours! Cant wait to see if Harden can finally have a positive career defining postseason moment and not a bunch of what ifs. It's game 5 and the series is tied 2-2, aside from facing elimination in a game 6 or 7, it doesn't get much better than this.

LETS GO!

YOLO likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

I remember when posts similiar to this were in the GARM for years.........

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It's looks above average because he had a 35% usage rate and he played 43 minutes. If you play long enough and you control the ball then you will probably put up decent looking numbers from a naive look at the box score. ORtg is an actual systematic appraisal of the box score statistics devised by a person widely regarded as a pioneer when it comes to advanced stats (https://www.sloansportsconference.com/people/dean-oliver?mode=list). The Win Shares statistic that basketball reference puts out is based on it. You could also look at the simpler game score rating as an alternate metric for summarizing his box score numbers for the game. His game score rating was middling for a player playing 43 minutes with a 35% usage.

I'm not going to say it was a bad game. It was ... OK. But it's not anything like a defining playoff game, and it was FIVE YEARS AGO. The original point stands: Harden needs more great games on his playoff resume to match the caliber of player he has proven himself to be in the regular season.

Now let's move on and hope Harden can stay healthy the rest of the way.

wekko368 and blahblehblah like this.
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Unrelated: this dude looks like a cartoon character. Like then someone puts realistic skin on Homer Simpson or Mario and Luigi and leaves the proportions and you go - that ain't right.

17. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

He just always reminds me a shaved Riff Raff from Rocky Horror Picture Show.

18. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

He looks sickly. Not trying to be mean but he looks like he has aids.

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It was an unfair game. Haters don't care about games that are unfair nor does history. Think about Dirk Nowitzki. I remember that prior to his epic playoff performance in his championship year, everybody gave him crap about his shortcomings over the years. I remember he was clowned on over the GSW loss in that MVP year. The narrative didn't change until he won that championship. After that, history sort of forgot of all his failures and he was immortalized in basketball history.

Hope that hammy stays healthy tonight and the rest of the playoffs and he can get that championship.

vlaurelio and Reeko like this.
  20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Boxscore analysis only goes so far. Im sure the game is out there to rewatch.

Harden dominated the 1st Q, getting us to a solid start, and we exploited Dwight in the 2nd, then Harden had a strong 3rd again, including a demoralizes walk-off midrange to end the quarter … and we entered the 4th up by 17.

With that lead, game dynamics change … 9-10 fts in the 4th when up by 17 is called taking us home with little threat.

jiggyfly, Zboy, ElPigto and 2 others like this.