1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[EC Semifinals] (2)Brooklyn vs. (3)Milwaukee

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 4, 2021.

?

Nets vs. Bucks

Poll closed Jun 5, 2021.
  1. Nets in 4

6.6%
  2. Nets in 5

9.2%
  3. Nets in 6

51.3%
  4. Nets in 7

13.2%
  5. Bucks in 7

7.9%
  6. Bucks in 6

10.5%
  7. Bucks in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Bucks in 4

1.3%
  1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Well T-Mac never made it past the first round where the competition is supposed to be easier. Smaller sample size too since he made the playoffs a lot less than Harden who made it past the first round almost every time he took his team to the playoffs.

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

What do people think the D in MDA stands for? Sure Nash is the head coach but D(angerous)'Antoni loves to keep his playoff rotation to 6 deep.

BigShasta, malakas and hakeem94 like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

so this is apparently specific to the nets? I mean you look at all the other remaining teams best players and they're all averaging a ton of minutes and some even higher than kd/kyrie. You even have a team playing their mvp candidate nearly 40 mins in a series thus far on a torn meniscus.

but we know at the end of the day, that's what some folks are hoping for with the nets is injury because that's the only thing that's stopping them from winning a title this year

jiggyfly and vlaurelio like this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

That’s because PER is a bad stat

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL except he has KD, Kyrie, Blake, Harris, Brown etc.

They be up by 10 at the very least

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its because these 2 specifically are more fragile and coming off of huge injuries or numerous surgeries

and you know what having Harden allows them to do this , so much for his ring being meaningless if he sits out this series

ps

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

so someone like embiid hasn't been fragile and off huge injury? His injury is actually the worst out of everyone right now bc it’s actually currently torn and will require surgery at some point in the near future

ps. it's tweet, no different than someone posting on cf's. it's a revelation this series isn't a sweep? it's a revelation when you're in the playoffs you try to win every game you can? last I checked they were up 2-0 and absolutely battled back for a chance at 3-0. you take it and move on to game 4. And funny thing is nets are favored in game 4 sunday now. they were 3.5 point dogs last night.

#1248 YOLO, Jun 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    jiggyfly likes this.
  9. Caesar

Caesar Member

Give T-Mac the right teammates and system and it wouldn't be a problem. Harden gets swept by Detroit with that 02/03 Orlando team. Dirk dominates Ryan Bowen and Yao called unfairly and the Rockets lose to the Mavs all the same, maybe in 6. Utah would have been a bad mismatch for Yao all the same. 1st round exits all around for Harden in T-Macs place.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL TMac fan. He ain't no Steve Nash / Cp3 / or Harden

Harden >>>>> TMac

harden makes the players around him better

Tmac doesn't

11. Caesar

Caesar Member

His coaches didn't feel the same. JVG always praises T-Mac's passing ability and vision and IQ and even his defensive ability. Even George Karl wanted Melo to play like him and forget about the scoring and to grow up like T-Mac did under JVG.

Just because he left on bad terms as his body broke down doesn't mean you get to erase his talent and the fact that those teams lacked any depth or he and his teammates couldn't stay healthy. Both Mad Max and Harden left Houston in worse ways than T-Mac. Both quit drastically worse. and T-Mac didn't no show to attend the Super Bowl like Francis.
    We act like he destroyed his career for a surgery he didn't need just so he couldn't be traded. Ridiculous.
    We always point out to a lazy defensive lapse in Toronto to make fun of T-Mac and how he quit, but that was Harden's entire Rockets career on defense. Put Harden in the early/mid 2k's on a JVG team where the first team to 80 points wins trying to bait refs for calls and you have a completely different player with different stats.

The T-Mac hate just goes to show the standard we held him to that not even Harden was held to. T-Mac had tons of faults and couldn't keep his mouth shut in the media, but the guys body broke down. That's basically all it comes down to. There was a quote from Rick the Ruler where he said something like 'he's been injured over a year and i think people and he thinks he's the same player that he was 2 years ago, but he's just not." So essentially we had a massively talented superstar who had a broken body but his brain and ego wanted to be where he used to be. That ego caused a rift and he wanted out thinking he'd get it all back elsewhere and we know that wasn't the case. Rick said he didn't blame T-Mac for wanting more-and he clearly made the right choice not catering to T-Macs ego. Rick saw he was done physically. ****, even broken down Hakeem had the same falling out in Houston resulting in the disgusting image of him in a Raptors uniform. Ego.
    And who has Harden made better? I seem to recall he ran away every big star he played with. We traded a damaged T-Mac to a trash team, but if he wanted out before the injuries, how much more hate would he get from us if he wanted a trade to the Lakers or Spurs or LeBrons team to team up? KD to Warriors is on par with Harden to form the Nets. Both way bigger b**** moves than anything T-Mac did.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Are bodyguards even allowed to charge onto the court like that? I mean, it's not like Durant was in life-threatening danger.

malakas likes this.
  13. Caesar

Caesar Member

lol i wrote an article and it really has more to do with Harden than T-Mac. Harden was the most pampered star ever here in Houston. I can't even begin to count how much worse it is the position he left us in vs a broken down T-Mac. Harden should be the most hated athlete in Houston sports history AHEAD of Scottie Quitten.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think the problem with Mac was that he only focused on one side of the ball at different points in his career.

When he was with Toronto, he was a defensive beast and a dunker.

When he was with Orlando, he turned into a scoring machine.

When he was with Houston, he would facilitate, shoot a lot of heat checks, everything but defend.

I think he had to go back to his roots, the Playoffs are about Defense.

He had all the physical tools to be a defensive beast with his orang-utan wingspan.

He was supposed to be the modern day Pippen. Analytics changed our way of thinking of how to score efficiently.

#1254 daywalker02, Jun 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    Caesar likes this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Man you are just moving the goal post.

I never said the ring will really mean something or anything what I am saying is that you thinking he should be EMBARRASSED or that he made a bad choice by going to Brooklyn is idiotic.

Stop trying to deflect from your idiotic take.

16. Caesar

Caesar Member

Well you're right on all these accounts, but he was his most all around in his healthy years in Houston. He absolutely did play defense for JVG. It was after the injuries that he didn't play D anymore, because he couldn't. He was too slow. In fact, i blame the JVG years of bulking both Yao and T-Mac up for their bodies breaking down. Most guys gradually get there, but i think Yao and T-Mac bulked too much, too fast- one for a big that needed to care for his feet and one for a guy whose game relied on being nimble and explosive and Tracy had skinny legs too. Just a different build. He was too top heavy imo.

That would have been something if we saw Toronto T-Mac with a mix of Orlando and Houston T-Mac all in one, but you're absolutely right. He says he would have played like he did in Toronto and been Pippen if he played with Kobe. I don't believe him. In todays league with more freedom than ever and surrounded by shooters, i believe we would have seen a scoring machine with the facilitating and rebounding #s upped as well. In this all offensive league-he could pick his spots where he would give max effort on D in crucial moments and he would be remembered as an all around beast-like a lot of these stars who are seen as 2 way stars.

17. malakas

malakas Member

Here is the moment KD's bodyguard bulldozes in. Escalating the situation.

Easy likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tracy stated that he trained with the wrong guy, Wayne Hall who was mostly a body builder.

Nothing wrong with Wayne, just wasn't the right guy for him.

After he turned to Wade's trainer Tim Grover, he came back from one of the toughest surgeries.

Should have hired him earlier.

Yao on the other hand, yeah, he was just too big. Giants are more prone to those.

Caesar likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

No Im not.

He damn well should, he went to a team that doesnt need him to win a chip.

Its not idiotic, just have some more pride.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok.