1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC Semifinals] (2)Brooklyn vs. (3)Milwaukee

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 4, 2021.

?

Nets vs. Bucks

Poll closed Jun 5, 2021.
  1. Nets in 4

6.6%
  2. Nets in 5

9.2%
  3. Nets in 6

51.3%
  4. Nets in 7

13.2%
  5. Bucks in 7

7.9%
  6. Bucks in 6

10.5%
  7. Bucks in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Bucks in 4

1.3%
  1. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

yup, bucks might put it together and blow them out! Who knows? Might be a roller coaster series like our guys versus GSW back in the day.

I honestly enjoy these kinds of games. Playing hard, super hard to score, players have to go all out to make plays.

bmelo and hakeem94 like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bucks win the defensive side, the Nets the Offense.

Bucks have to clamp down on D hard!!!! (no pun)

Always going to be that way.

3. H.D.

H.D. Member

Bucks will win this.

4. HardenVolumeOne

no chance

5. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yet he been scoring 0-3 points a game how many times? We were using that play Everytime teams doubled Harden - Tucker failed at it badly - GARM used to consistently complain about Tucker being unable to hit a floater.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't watch the game, but by looking at the stats I saw a glaring one that stood out.

Tell me, how did Durant and Antetokounmpo
    play 43 minutes each without getting a single personal foul?

I find it hard to believe 2 players with a combined 86 minutes didn't commit a single foul.

Tell me the NBA officiating doesn't give certain players special "blind eye to fouls" treatment on any given game.

bmelo, hakeem94 and juanm34 like this.
  7. HardenVolumeOne

fckbandwagons and HP3 like this.
  8. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

What a hideous game 3. Bucks did what they had to though. Harden probably sits game 4. Nets will finish this off in 6.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It isn’t really fair to do WS/48 comparisons for a player who had 5 games in round 1 with players who have played more games over multiple rounds.

Harden was awesome in round 1. But it was 5 games, and regression to mean is inevitable.

10. HardenVolumeOne

out of the nets 8 playoff games, harden has played 5.. his numbers are full-proof, first in offensive rating, first in true shooting percentage, first in net rating,first in both defensive box plus minus and offensive box plus minus.. first in PER. and top 5 in win share and vorp... this is better than any guard playoffs since EVER

and he had a full 0 box score in game 1 of the buck series, and his numbers are still elite

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. durvasa

Full 0 box score in 1 minute of play will have negligible effect on rate statistics.

rpr52121 and hakeem94 like this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I mean nets still look dominant but they are the smallest injury away from being eliminated and nba wide open

plutoblue11 likes this.
  13. HardenVolumeOne

after game 1 of the bucks series, harden's scoring average, assists, rebound, and steal and block playoff all took a nosedive

harden before game 1 of the bucks series was averaging 27.8/10.7/8.4...., after he left game 1 his playoff numbers dropped to like 23 ppg/and 8 assists. so the zero on the boxscore in game 1 of the bucks series did count towards his playoff averages

14. VanityHalfBlack

15. durvasa

Per game averages, yes. Not per minute or per possession states like WS/48 or PER or BPM, etc., or any efficiency stats.

rpr52121 and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Mitchell and Booker have matured to the extent of challenging Durant for the throne which was never his to begin with.

Soy boy beta cuck.

17. HP3

HP3 Member

Who cares about how many times he had those in the regular season, go check his playoff impact numbers and get back to me. I really am sick of someone who supposedly knows ball disrespecting someone who’s objectively positive on the court.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. Caesar

Caesar Member

No hate, but it would drop after last nights game if he played. He hates those kind of games and checks out.

Hakeem had a 39 PER through 4 games in 88!! If only injuries and bad management didn't waste so much of his true physical prime.
    I wonder how many Rockets are in the top 20 in career playoff PER. It's been a long time since i looked, but i'm almost certain T-Mac was in there. Obviously DR34M. I guess you can count Chuckster, and CP. Yao?

EDIT: Wow. T-Mac is ahead of Harden in career playoff PER. Didn't expect that.
    *Sheesh. Joker is #4 right now.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Caesar

Caesar Member

I love it. The best games this playoffs for me have been the low scoring, ugly hard fought games. If both teams are scoring at ridiculous pace with no resistance, the big shot at the end of a close one is only so exciting after seeing everything else go in for 48 minutes.
    In those ugly low scoring games, big shots like the 3 pt dagger(at the time) KD hit after the refs let PJ get very physical with him just has more impact-at least for me. That was beautiful to watch.
    *If PJ was a Rocket, he would have been called for a foul at 4 different points in that sequence. Unfortunately-weak defensive plays and an easy uncontested layup won the game(good spin by Jrue)-but still awesome overall compared to racing to 200 points. The playoff basketball i miss.

steddinotayto likes this.