1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC Semifinals] (2)Brooklyn vs. (3)Milwaukee

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 4, 2021.

?

Nets vs. Bucks

Poll closed Jun 5, 2021.
  1. Nets in 4

6.6%
  2. Nets in 5

9.2%
  3. Nets in 6

51.3%
  4. Nets in 7

13.2%
  5. Bucks in 7

7.9%
  6. Bucks in 6

10.5%
  7. Bucks in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Bucks in 4

1.3%
  1. malakas

malakas Member

haha I have been avoiding this thread and you call me out? lol

I have stopped following the NBA much since the pandemic.
    It brings me too much stress and anxiousness I can do without. And with such results I don't find any reason to follow much again anytime soon either.

So you probably know more than me at this point. =)

2. HP3

HP3 Member

If a team is able to win a championship without you, what is your value on the team? Use your common sense.

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Idk y u trying to diminished harden value to the Nets if they win it all. Harden helped them get to the playoffs into the first place and allowed Durant to fully recover. He's valuable as fk to them, just bc a team has an abundance of talent it shouldnt lessen the value of those who contributed.

vlaurelio likes this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

Wtf...if they win a championship without Harden, he's useless on this team. He contributed nothing when it mattered. Diminsh? Are you guys for real? Its like you forget who you are talking to. Its hard to think anyone would be happy with a ring like that.

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

giannises game so ugly and unwatchable its turning fans away?
    lolololol

6. riko

riko Member

So he wasn’t the best Nets player in the Boston series? Overall if he dosent play from here on I wouldn’t look at this a big accomplishment like he carried them . But if or when he does comeback and plays like he played like the Boston series then he definitely earned it.

HP3 likes this.
  7. riko

riko Member

This is going to be the biggest game of Giannis career thus far.

B-Bob likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

harden should of realize by now hes so cursed he should accept any ring now even if it means he doesn't play a single minute of playoffs no more just to break the ice....

HP3 likes this.
  9. riko

riko Member

How is he cursed?

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its a metaphor for always being the best but failing to win anything due to most ludicrous and curious circumstances and chips falling the way they rarely do just to leave him ringless

HP3 likes this.
  11. plates300

plates300 Member

Giannis is a flawed player. He is supremely gifted and talented, but his game is all athleticism and minimal skill ala 7 foot version of Westbrook. Nothing wrong with that but trying to build a team around him isn't something easy, especially in a smaller market where no real superstar free agent has any interest in signing there. The playoffs have shown Giannis can be contained, and you can't even keep him on the floor when it matters because his free throw shooting is awful. Unless Middleton and Holliday and the other guys pick up the scoring for Giannis, this series is over. Giannis needs an alpha scorer next to him - he cannot be the mainstay of a team.

TWS1986 and YOLO like this.
  12. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the Bucks win the first game at home tonight. That said, Griffin's play, has obviously plugged a big hole for Brooklyn. If he continues to play anywhere close to this, No one will beat the Nets. They've caught some major breaks. The AD and Murray injuries have paved the way to a title (barring injury), apparently. To their credit, Brooklyn has dismantled Milwaukee in the first couple of games sans James.

lakersuck2 likes this.
  13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

then KD, Kyrie, and Harden injuries also paved the way

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

ok.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude you are acting like Harden has been injured the entire year.

He played in the 1st round and he was instrumental in creating the blueprint for the bench players to thrive.

just stop you are embarrassing yourself.

16. H.D.

H.D. Member

O/U on number of Nets to foul out: 3

17. SmallBallDoesntWork

I said before the series started nets in 5. If james is back and playing like he was im not sure they lose more than 2 more games. Its borderline unfair that you have an all time great in james running the 2nd unit while KD and Kyrie catch a breather

18. H.D.

H.D. Member

I disagree. Key in today's NBA is shooting, a rim protector then a glue guy like Giannis.

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Can you elaborate on this blueprint that Harden was instrumental in creating? Because Brooklyn made the playoffs last year....

And in regards to your bigger argument, answer this.....do you think Vernon Maxwell considers himself to be a one-time champion or a two-time champion?

20. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Agreed, Blake has been huge for them. People forget that Blake's best season wasn't actually the high flying super athletic Blake. His all nba season came when he changed his game to the more jumpshooting, playmaking, elbow action Blake. His athleticism might've diminished but the BALL IQ is still elite.

hakeem94 likes this.