1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC Semifinals] (2)Brooklyn vs. (3)Milwaukee

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 4, 2021.

?

Nets vs. Bucks

Poll closed Jun 5, 2021.
  1. Nets in 4

6.6%
  2. Nets in 5

9.2%
  3. Nets in 6

51.3%
  4. Nets in 7

13.2%
  5. Bucks in 7

7.9%
  6. Bucks in 6

10.5%
  7. Bucks in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Bucks in 4

1.3%
  1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Wait, I thought Big 3’s and BLM kill ratings?

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Zboy @Asian Sensation

From a reply from @Reeko to the LOF

3. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Can’t stand the talent-hoarding Nets or the bandwagon fans, but I hope this guy is having fun:

[​IMG]

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

upload_2021-6-8_12-30-10.png

RustyHarden and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I cant remember the last time BOTH Eastern Conference Semi Finals were worth watching.

Things seem to be balancing out. KD and Harden going east definitely played a part.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

It should've been worth watching... but Unless MIL pull their head out of their arse, its going to be super boring. I want some drama, suspense and not a repeat of the Curry, KD warriors (nothing against them, there was just no suspense).

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

all i see here is only the one and same move repeated time and again
    i wonder what percentages he shot at these hookshots

8. HP3

HP3 Member

Tucker makes it harder on him than any other person in the league. And Giannis actually has been a historically good defender on KD. So maybe that will change. He's gonna have to be better because his defense and their defense as a whole is looking suspect, they should be doing better than they are there. Kyrie has not been good against the Bucks and hasnt been for some time now. If no one is gonna slow down Brooklyn, whats the point of Harden being there? Bucks have the personnel to do so, they should be doing it, period but I guess we'll see even more in the coming games. If this is the same story against Philly(most likely) then my point becomes greater. And it looks ridiculous for Harden to be there. The Bucks offense will be fine eventually.

They were up by 14 going into the 4th in game 1, thats still a game, Kyrie played bad. Kyrie had 14 points on 13 shots going into the 4th in game 2 where they were up by 30, THAT 4th quarter was actually garbage time. Good defenses should be giving him trouble, if you cant make him drop from 70 TS% than your defense needs to be better or they dont really need Harden.

I at least expected them to slow them down offensively. But they didnt at all. Their offense I know will be back on track.

We'll see what happens. If they continue to dominate the Bucks like this, I dont see how it makes Harden or the Bucks look good in any way. It basically shows they dont need Harden to win a title.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

No its really not. I can criticize Hardne without it being an indictment on him as a person or player. That is absolutely false.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Excuse me? Do you really think a person would value a ring if they contributed nothing to the actual process? No of course not, this is nonsense. Its not selfishness either, its self repsect.

11. HP3

HP3 Member

Thats just how I felt about it. I still root for James of course, but thats just how I felt about it.

Because it shows they could win without him. Why was Durant never happy on the Warriors? You can choose to be on a good team without it being a super team. Look at Kawhi. Sure, last two sentences are facts but still the playoffs is where people solidify their standings, you are always gonna here the "they traded away their depth for Harden" crap.

If that was the case than KD should never have left GS. Its not a great one imo(James probably doenst feel that way) because he'll always be a second banana to Durant unless he outplays him, or he'll always be like the extra like Durant was on GS. What we have right now is them winning without him and everyone calling KD the best and Harden just tagging along. Yall may not care about it(and maybe not even James himself does), but thats not what I wanted to see out of the second best Rocket ever.

The alternative would be what Kawhi or Lebron did(even though Lebron was previously the only person partnered up with a top 10 player).

Its just how I feel about it. Harden likely doesnt. But I personally dont like how this is all playing out. I hope when he comes back he outplays everyone and the Nets dominate.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

KD didn't care about anything until he won his first. This is where James is at now: Ring before anything else. It's pretty much like being desperate for 10 million dollars, then stewing over how you got the 10 million afterwards. You don't care until it's becomes a luxury.

If they win it all this year, maybe sportswriters will cook up drama about KD taking all the credit with James and Kyrie acting out from it.

This is planned.

It's easy because these superstar egos are so thin and vain about their legacy they'll play with it if only for extra motivation.

In any case, I don't think the chatter will get to Harden this year because he has nothing to make him think he deserves any better.

blahblehblah likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Tucker might make it harder, but he still gets cooked routinely. He can do nothing anything against KD. Are we gonna act like KD wasn’t roasting him time and time again when we faced the Warriors? He destroys PJ, and he’s done so for years. So PJ makes it harder which is cool, but he still gets that work. Giannis has barely guarded KD, so him being a historically good defender on KD doesn’t matter. He’s not defending him. He’s spent most of his time guarding Harris, Brown, Blake, and Shamet. In no world is 9-17 shooting and 4-8 from 3 bad, and neither is 11-20 shooting through 3 quarters. U repeating that he was bad does not make it so. Kyrie barely needed to do anything in game 2 because Milwaukee didn’t show up. It was over after the 1st quarter. Kyrie shot 50/40/90 this season. He is a problem for pretty much everyone in this league. U also act like Milwaukee is some super elite defensive team when they’re not.

Giannis needed 50 and for the Bucks to shoot 15-37 from 3 to barely beat the Nets at home without Harden. In the 3rd game where they only won by 6, again without Harden, Giannis struggled, but still dropped 36, Middleton and Jrue dropped 23 each, and the Bucks shot 14-37 from 3 which is 38%. And now we’re supposed to be shocked and it’s a bad look for Harden that Milwaukee is getting obliterated when they’re shooting 6-30 from 3 and 8-27 in game 2, Middleton is 13-43 through 2 games, Jrue really hasn’t done anything, and Giannis only musters 18 points in game 2? Lol, how? Of course they don’t need Harden if Milwaukee can’t even score 90 points.

Milwaukee has to pray that KD and Kyrie are just off, and the role players play worse on the road. That’s how they will slow them down. They never had the defense to slow down BK with or without Harden, especially when they’re not putting up points on the other end. How often can your defense get set when teams or running down the floor off rebounding your bricks? This is the greatest offense of all time with Harden, and still easily 1 of the best offenses in the league without him. They still have elite shooting going up against a team that allows the most open threes in the league and the 2nd highest 3 point percentage.

and again, this is the same Milwaukee team u think BK would beat without question with Kyrie and Harden with no KD, so I guess BK doesn’t actually need KD either

#853 Reeko, Jun 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  14. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Not sure what Harden's love for strip clubs has to do with his helping the Nets gel? But in any case, yes, definitely you can see from my time on Clutchfans that I am not nor have ever been a "Harden Fanboy"...

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nobody is saying you cannot criticize Harden that's fine but in that same vein you can also be criticized with your takes.

Your take was terrible and people are giving their opinion of it.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Harden would not have contributed nothing he has played more games than Kyrie and Durant and he played the 1st round.

If you get upset that your team won a championship without you because of injury you are being selfish point blank.

Nothing about being upset with team success is about self respect.

17. HP3

HP3 Member

Fine.

Nah, Im just calling it like I see it. If you cant understand what Im saying thats your problem.

18. HP3

HP3 Member

Lmao okay dude.

Nope.

You arent even listening, we are done.

Completely naive and oblivious thinking.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And other posters are calling like they see with your post but for some reason I need to FOH?

Why is me calling it like I see BS?

20. HP3

HP3 Member

Their team can make it harder on a KD as a whole. That is my point. Kyrie shot that in garbage time. He didnt really have a good game is my point. You cant just use the three quarter argument in one game and disregard it in the next especially when the lead was larger going into the 4th in game 2. The Bucks have the personnel to lower Kyrie's efficiency and they have before.

Like I said their offense will be fine. That will fix itself, their defense is something that needs work.

We'll see how their defense adjusts in the coming games.

I mean, I think Harden is very much better than Durant yes. But if they keep winning without him, itll be hard not to question the point of Harden coming here.