1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC Semifinals] (2)Brooklyn vs. (3)Milwaukee

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 4, 2021.

?

Nets vs. Bucks

Poll closed Jun 5, 2021.
  1. Nets in 4

6.6%
  2. Nets in 5

9.2%
  3. Nets in 6

51.3%
  4. Nets in 7

13.2%
  5. Bucks in 7

7.9%
  6. Bucks in 6

10.5%
  7. Bucks in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Bucks in 4

1.3%
  1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well, it turns out the the Bucks are easier to steam roll over than the Celtics. LOL.

hakeem94, saleem and Jontro like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

all I said is that you’re making the narrative of these 2 games about how it’s some bad look for Harden when it’s really just a bad look for Milwaukee with the way they’ve been choking

How could I not think that with all the posts u were making?

it could’ve been Kyrie and Harden with no KD, and they still would’ve blown out the Bucks and be up 2-0 with the way Milwaukee played in these 2 games…there’s no evidence to suggest otherwise

the Bucks would lose badly to the Nuggets, Suns, Sixers and Jazz as well if they shot 6-30 from three or couldn’t even score 90 points…that’s not good enough vs Atlanta, let alone BK even without Harden…last year’s Miami team would sweep their ass again playing like this

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Bucks are a suckass playoff team.

This isn't their first year underperforming. They've never overperformed either

saleem and Jontro like this.
  4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Harden can rest until the finals. Come out throw up a couple triple doubles and get that ring.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

this was Brick Freak after game 1

“Everybody had adrenaline going, the jitters. We weren’t able to calm down as a team and take a breath and find our shots.”

they were already frazzled at the start of game 1…they are just a mentally weak team

napalm06 likes this.
  6. Asian Sensation

Man, that Harden guy must be a real life Messiah and can do no wrong. It’s not like KD was only 13 games into a new season on a new team after a year+ layoff coming off a major injury. KD and Kyrie would’ve figured it out on their own. I’m not saying Harden doesn’t help that team but it’s not like he’s the end all be all to their success as evidenced by these last 2 games. KD and Kyrie are both big time players that have accomplished far more than Harden has in the post season. What has Harden ever won in the playoffs? There’s no doubt Harden is a great player but the shilling on by his fanbois on this forum is out of control.

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

That ring that he deserves

BigM and saleem like this.
  8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Milwaukee is really the only team standing in the way of a healthy Nets team. They will absolutely destroy everyone else.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  9. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I'm more incline to believe this as the reason to explain the difference between the Nets play early in the regular season vs postseason. Most star players who have won titles and been to the finals multiple times don't exert the same effort nor do they stress about the regular season. Compare Lebron's regular season play in his first title-less stint with the cavs compared to his second. He used to play much harder on both ends. After the heat, Lebron basically coasted during the regular season.

Or the Warriors regular season play after 2015-16. Despite adding KD, their records, defensive ratings and other measurement only got worst and worst. It wasn't due to being more talented but rather knowing they don't need to exert the effort in the regular season to succeed. The kobe shaq lakers were the first team I noticed did this. Turning it off and on. KD and Kyrie have been to multiple finals and know it doesn't really matter if they finish 1st 2nd or 3rd or 4th in the regular season. They just need to get there and get there healthy and in one piece.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea that's what I felt. Its not a "narrative" Im trying to create, its how I felt watching them dominate without him.

By looking at every other posts I made previously? Bro what??? Cmon. I dont know even know what to say.

Okay I feel that.

Yea , that could be true.

Also lastly, you should know me enough not accuse me of trying to discredit Harden. What you said to me just now was not right bro.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

When you get an A on the group project and you didn't do ****.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Fwiw, I am a Nets fan and was not happy about the trade for Harden when it first happened. Obviously, he was a great player, but I believed the stuff about his iso-game and felt that the Nets gave up too much to get him. So I don't think anyone would ever accuse me of being a "fanboy" for Harden. I made my observation having watched Kyrie and the Nets all of last season, as well as my general knowledge of KD. There was absolutely no question that Kyrie felt like he had to carry the team every game last year...that he trusted his own abilities far more than the rest of the team. And yes, KD was trying to get his sea legs at the start of this season, but in those early games, he was so focused on himself and not at all on the team. Would the two of them have figured it out eventually? Maybe...but Harden coming to the team and being unselfish right off the bat transformed the team way faster than Kyrie and KD could have ever figured it out on their own. And figuring it out early gave the team a chance to really get the chemistry together, leading to the quality of basketball they played tonight.

jiggyfly, arno_ed, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

How do u expect people to interpret posts saying stuff like he can’t make good decisions for his career or posts like this?

The Bucks are choking, and Harden is the one who should be embarrassed?

jiggyfly, YOLO and saleem like this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Giannis is a laughing stock. I was about to write the Bucks are a laughing stock, but I corrected myself.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He shouldn't be embarrassed, but it's hard to for him or Harden fans to take pride in his accomplishment of winning a ring (if he eventually does so), when it appears that his team would be a strong contender even without him on the floor. That's what sweeping the Bucks without Harden would suggest about this Nets team.

The hope was that Harden would prove the naysayers wrong this year once he escaped from the Rockets (the one thing to look forward to in an otherwise dismal season). The Nets winning big without him on the floor undermines that goal.

16. Asian Sensation

Crowning James Harden... on a Rockets forum.... with Matt Maloney for your AV... but claim to be a Nets fan. Let me guess you became a Brooklyn fan on Jan 14?

17. HP3

HP3 Member

If they sweep without him, it would be embarrassing yea. Why the hell would you want to be on a team that could win the title without you? You yourself even said when Harden got injured that the Bucks are now going to the Finals. So you are literally discrediting my whole posting history and using to think that I would be trying to discredit Harden? Really.............really, are you kidding me?

If they sweep yes. If they cant even win one game and keep blowing out the Bucks than its hard not to look at it that way. Or at the very least its hard not to think it doesnt undermine Harden's role on the team.

18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Call me crazy ... But I don't think Harden gives a damn about the Nets being good without him... I genuinely think he enjoys playing with his friends and another chance at a ring .. Just so happens they're a historically great team...

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

well that’s what the post said, that he should be embarrassed

Are the Nets supposed to be a scrub team without him? Was Harden supposed to hard carry KD and Kyrie to a title, and if not, it’s a mistake for his career? As long as he plays well in the finals, and wins a ring, it’s a boost to his career, especially when the alternative was not winning anything, but continuing to put up numbers.

Who are the Bucks beating or even competing against shooting 6-30 from three or not even being able to score 90 points? Y’all talk like they’re playing really well and still getting their ass whooped. They didn’t win a single quarter in this game. The Nets are the 72 win Bulls all of the sudden without Harden?

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, embarrassing for the Bucks, not Harden

I thought the Bucks would play up to their capability as 1 of the best teams in the league, not shoot 6-30 from 3 and score less than 90 points the very next game

Again, how do u expect people to interpret those posts?