1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC Semifinals] (2)Brooklyn vs. (3)Milwaukee

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 4, 2021.

?

Nets vs. Bucks

Poll closed Jun 5, 2021.
  1. Nets in 4

6.6%
  2. Nets in 5

9.2%
  3. Nets in 6

51.3%
  4. Nets in 7

13.2%
  5. Bucks in 7

7.9%
  6. Bucks in 6

10.5%
  7. Bucks in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Bucks in 4

1.3%
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

This is nothing but recency bias. We can pull up all the posts killing the nets when harden was sitting out and everyone was saying the nets cannot go far without him. It’s the bucks fault for having their weaknesses exploited and not being prepared to play the nets. It has 0 to do with harden and everything to do with the bucks team. You can blame whoever starting with their “mvp”

Reeko likes this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Its crappy decisions BECAUSE THEY DONT NEED HIIM TO WIN. Why woulndt anyone feel a way about that??? Tell me why? Especially someone of Harden's calibur.

Giving someone dap on the bench means nothing.

Why is it selfish to know that you make a difference???? This is ridiculous.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea now that he's not on GS. Of course he is. Everyone is gonna give him credit as the lead guy on a championship squad.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

He was happy winning ships and finals mvp. He could give two ***** about what people think if that was already evident by what he does off the court, it should be

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think it's unfair to act like he's some talentless guy yeah, if you compare him to his position and compare him to other players that are his size then he's very skilled. Giannis can initiate offense from the perimeter, sure, but I think it's a mistake for the Bucks to overdo that and ignore the strengths of his game.

I mean people aren't usually expecting a near 7 footer to have insane handles and shooting ability, that he can handle the ball at all is what separates him from being just another really good big man.

Honestly, that's on Bud and Giannis. I've said for years he need to leave those 3s alone and be more of a big man, but that's what they wanna do...I'm just saying compared to other players his size he's pretty skilled.

blahblehblah likes this.
  6. WestendMassive

Did we all underrate how good Brooklyn can be defensively?

Seems like they were on cruise mode all season, not even caring on that end. Now they're locking everything the F down in the playoffs.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

it doesn't even matter. If Nets are worse with Harden, Nets are still better than all the teams in the league with Talent alone.

How much better do people want the nets to be?

HP3 and Ramo$e like this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

He wasnt happy though? Thats why left GS. Thats why what Draymond said affected him.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

A title as a 2nd banana is still way better than losing in the 1st or 2nd round and being ringless. KD’s all-time ranking still increased because of his GS stint. Also, Harden and KD aren’t the same person. KD is the one who’s sensitive, not James.

They don’t need him to beat the embarrassing Bucks, that’s all we know so far

With the way the Brick Freak and his supporting cast are playing, who would they beat in these playoffs?

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nah for the folks that paid attention when they played the better teams in the league their defense was fine and beating them

11. Mr. Space City

It’s hilarious that Giannis hates Harden when Harden is exactly the kind of player he needs.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Not really. He left bc there was nothing left to accomplish there. Definitely didn’t say he was unhappy

13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Problem with Giannis is that when he 1st came in , people thought that with his build he'd be a 20/7/7 type player at best.... Kinda a Pippen type..Credit to him for adding on muscle and pretty much becoming a dominant physical force... But he clearly has neglected shooting as a priority... As history shows, bigs go to being decent jump shooters when they lose explosiveness in lieu to further their career... He doesn't think that way because he's still relatively young... And let's not forget, he's a perennial All Star votes leader and a 2x MVP at 25 so in his mind why change? He thinks he can win playing this way until he's forced to change because of injury or diminished skill... He and that training staff are doing himself a disservice...

Invisible Fan and Ramo$e like this.
  14. Juxtaposed Jolt

I don't have the stats (advanced and all), but I think this is actually debatable, given Harden's FTs and TS%.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Giannis is getting punked.

Harden with the Rockets gave Durant + Curry + Klay + Drumond a legitimate matchup and almost won a series.

Meanwhile, Giannis has been getting roasted year after year in the playoffs after the media put him on a pedestal.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. PWR

PWR Member

Mike James is showing out...lmao

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. i3artow i3aller

Reeko's boy Mike James hitting from distance. Guy is just a born basketball player.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

A title as a second banana sucks ass and its now what I personally wanted to see out of James. I thought he would be their best player and he was.

The Bucks arent some joke, the fact that are doing this to them without James is well...not a good look for Harden going there.

19. HP3

HP3 Member

He was though, there were multiple reports saying that.

20. i3artow i3aller

C'mon Steven, leave double nickel in the game.