1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC Semifinals] (2)Brooklyn vs. (3)Milwaukee

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 4, 2021.

?

Nets vs. Bucks

Poll closed Jun 5, 2021.
  1. Nets in 4

6.6%
  2. Nets in 5

9.2%
  3. Nets in 6

51.3%
  4. Nets in 7

13.2%
  5. Bucks in 7

7.9%
  6. Bucks in 6

10.5%
  7. Bucks in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Bucks in 4

1.3%
  1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Anyone know what the VELOCIR and F22 scores were?

ElPigto likes this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Lmao you mean when i stopped responding to your trite. You took that as me saying without Kawhi because YOU cant think critically lmao. You even started out by bashing the Rockets. YOU said they(the Rockets) coulndt beat a Warriors team without Draymond in 2017 because they lost to the Spurs without Kawhi in game 6. I responded that I disagree and that the Spurs could probably beat them without Draymond. Thats self explanatory that Kawhi is healthy.

This is you being dense nothing more. Now, Im really done talking to you.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Oh was he gassed specifically in game 6 against the Clippers, pretty sure he went on to play great in game 1 and 2 against the Warriors. Was he gassed in game 7 of the first round of OKC? Sometimes when you play so bad there's really no more excuses. Let me guess Spurs game was concussion. In all Warriors games he was gassed in 2015-2019. Clippers he was gassed? OKC also gassed?

He didn't do bad in game 7 but he also couldn't make many 3 pointers. I swear he shoots like 25 percent from 3 in all high pressure elimination situations.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

Okay ignore the game 7, fine LOL. He played bad in game 7 of that OKC series after carrying for 6, sorry that wasnt good enough for you. He had one leg, what are you talking about? Did you guys go to Trump's school of ignoring reality or something? Spurs he played bad. In the Warriors series the man was the sole foal point of the offense with no one to take pressure off of him and the one time he did, he got injured or was a shell of himself or he was Westbrook. God damn. How many times do you dude's have to ignore context for it to make you feel better. Yeesh.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

6. BelgianRocketsFan

Major loss for Brooklyn.
    Let the downfall begin... and up their picks go.

7. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I don't think you understand the severity of a grade 2 strain. If the MRI showed a grade 2 tear after game 1... No medical professional would've cleared Harden to play little more than a week later.

Torn muscles don't heal in a week. You can't run with a torn hamstring. It usually takes 4-8 weeks for normal ppl to recover. Professional athletes maybe can push it lower.

Mike Conley was diagnosed with a mild grade 1 strain in round 1. It took him 2 weeks to return.

hakeem94, bro2044 and malakas like this.
  8. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

In 2017-18, Harden had a reported grade II hamstring strain/tear on Dec 31st and returned at full go in a game by Jan 18th.

Also, y'all are acting like players and coaches cannot over rule the docs. Didn't we just see Anthony Davis force himself on the court in their last game?

Depends on the franchise hierarchy and dynamics. Harden went from declared out to doubtful to questionable in the span of a few hours last Wed before Game 5. Trainers and docs don't change their minds and assessments that quickly. Injuries don't magically get that much better in a few hours.

9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I don't agree with Charles often, but we agree about super teams. I also want to see our picks become worthwhile enough to justify all the cr@p this year and a diminished team for years to come.

Yep, glad Brooklyn lost. Will be glad every time they lose. They cant lose enough in my book.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

I do. It was 10 days and yes this happens in sports all the time. The probably pumped him with stuff to numb the pain. But you do the math, he went from doubtful to playing in one day. Thats not normal.

These guys have the access to the best care in the world. 10 days of aggressive rehab and can get what you got out there which essentially a man on one leg.

Harden plays through injury all the time. Russ played through a torn quad literally last year. It happens.

11. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

It happens in the case of AD and Harden because they are likely dealing with "tightness," or overstretched muscles/tendons. Torn ligaments and muscles are a different story. It's nearly impossible to recover grade 2 in 10 days. Harden took 19 days in 2017-18. Muscles/ligament tears dont heal in 10 days all the time if ever.

Until a medical professional or the Nets organization actually say they let him play with a hamstring tear, I'm not going to take Hardens comment as literal or fact. Its an athlete talking after a devastating and disappointing loss. Not everything they say will be literal or perfectly rational.

Harden is a hero to some of you, but seriously, he's not a literal marvel super hero.

bro2044 and malakas like this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Giannis is in some ways similar to Shaq. Shaq wasn't skilled in today's guard oriented standard. But he knew how to use his physicality to get to the basket where he was unstoppable. Both guys are freaks in terms of how fast they can move with their bulk.

Ramo$e and rpr52121 like this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

Again, they have access to the best medical care in the world. Harden had a grade two before and was ready to go in 18 days. You dont think they would push for it in the playoffs. He's obviously not ****ing recovered out there. That was the regular season and even then it was short for a grade two. Of course they could push it even further in the playoffs.

Russ played through a torn quad last year and did the Rockets say anything? NOOOOOOOOO. Thats totally believable to me that he would play through it, he's done stuff like this before.

He has access to the best doctors in the world, i do not get what is so hard to understand about that, you cant be ignorant about that or team dynamics or that players force themselves through injures all the time. Im not hero worshipping anything. Im just saying its possible with athletes and modern medicine something you are clearly ignoring.

14. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Have you ever dealt with players with torn muscles or tendons? I've had youth players with those injuries. Its 4 weeks mimimum. I've seen pros come back in 16 days at the shortest. The best doctors and medical teams are limited to the same treatment for those injuries. There isnt some magical stem cells injection or muscle, tendon laser treatment. Without surgery (for tears) the only treatment is basically called RICE rest, ice, compression, elevation. With a tear, you are waiting for your body to slowly regenerate the tissue and heal itself, like a cut does. Having the best doctors isnt going to change from having the standard doctor when dealing with this recovery.

malakas and hakeem94 like this.
  15. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

He'll get one. He needed some humble pie first. These last two seasons were hard on him. Hopefully he is better prepared next season.

16. HP3

HP3 Member

I have suffered some injures like that but I am not them and neither are you. Different people's bodies respond differently. Its not simply matter of one case fits all. He's a superstar athlete who is stubborn and forcing himself to play and has access to things you or I do not. These are not just "pros" this is James Harden a superstar in Brooklyn who is known from coming back earlier from injuries. Do you know the latest treatment and rehab for these type of injuries. Are you his doctor? Are you his trainer? Do you know what kind of medicine they are giving him? You said 16 days at the shortest for NON Nba athletes who have more access to treatment you couldnt even think of(illegally or legally). Look at his play. Do you know how strange it is to go from out to doubtful to playing? Thats ridiculous. RUSS LITERALLY FORCED HIMSELF through a torn quad last year and that might be even worse. I dont know whats so hard to believe about athletes pushing themselves before they are ready, it happens all the time.

17. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Arrogance?

I laughed out loud when it airballed.

Ramo$e likes this.
  18. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Oh nevermind. Apparently James harden is wolverine to some people.

wekko368 and malakas like this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont know what I said was unreasonable. If you're a doctor, trainer or an expert in the medical field, than please inform me. If not, than what the hell.

20. Asian Sensation

Did James Harden win a ring yet?

BelgianRocketsFan and hakeem94 like this.