1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC Semifinals] (2)Brooklyn vs. (3)Milwaukee

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 4, 2021.

?

Nets vs. Bucks

Poll closed Jun 5, 2021.
  1. Nets in 4

6.6%
  2. Nets in 5

9.2%
  3. Nets in 6

51.3%
  4. Nets in 7

13.2%
  5. Bucks in 7

7.9%
  6. Bucks in 6

10.5%
  7. Bucks in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Bucks in 4

1.3%
  1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Jeff Green had no business scoring 27 pts.

rpr52121 likes this.
  2. i3artow i3aller

3. wekko368

wekko368 Member

If that's true (and not lip service), then yes, I was wrong about this. But I do think it's unlikely that Harden can trump team doctors.

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I think it has more to do with all the weight training he does. When you lift heavy to gain muscle mass, you lose touch for some reason. I think that is why Shaq couldn't shoot a free throw even when he had very good coordination.

5. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

The whole thing was dumb. Should have run Middleton and Giannis on PnR with Giannis as the role guy. Injured Harden would have been stuck.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

why not. all of his shots were open looks. that's what the bucks gave up with the lineups they were putting out there

jiggyfly and red5rocket like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

some of Giannis’ offensive possessions are just so painful to watch…3 stooges level basketball on offense from him at times

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Why are there no videos of Durant hugging?

red5rocket and JumpMan like this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

AD is not better than Giannis.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

its funny how we have even media noticing it, how ineffective posting harden has been for quite some time. You're actually doing him a favor lol. Yet giannis is over here thinking let me do my KD impression. I mean fail at it

11. Mr. Space City

Big Demar Derozan energy.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

This is nonsense.

Anthony Davis does not make players better.

He had his chances to prove otherwise before he came to Lakers.

J.R. likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

14. T for 3

T for 3 Member

That sounds plausible. He looks like a guy who can't decide who he is. I think the "If he could just add the 3 to his game he'd be unstoppable" narrative was bad for his development. If it were up to me, I would eliminate all of the threes and ISO jumpers. Stay in the paint and work on your free throws!

15. icewill36

icewill36 Member

**** giannis

Im proud the nets took care of business against those clown ass bucks flexing and showboating once kyrie got injured.

KD was unreal and I love me some jeff green. Many will look at the stats and say james didn't do anything and only hurt them but he was a key factor in the win. Notice the bucks would not leave him no matter what. The same would not have happened if it was Mike james out there. Also just having someone else to bring the ball up and initiate the offense helped KD stay fresh throughout.

Gutsy though Im worried they wont have much left for game 6. Im not sure ive ever seen a guy play the ENTIRE game under playoff intensity KDs legs will be dead and so will james.

aurocketfan and Reeko like this.
  16. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I mean Giannis was even the guy who called out Harden in the 4th quarter of that All Star game and it back fired on them. "A Wizard should know better."

17. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Giannis is a center and should play center. Dude is a walking mismatch in the paint. His flaws are obviously free throw shooting and a lack of post moves. His ability to score in the paint and in transition is incredible. He needs to develop the jump hook and then add counters (left or right) instead of that awful fadeaway.

But the major problem with the Bucks (aside from lack of brains) is that neither middleton or jrue are great pick and roll play maker or decision maker. Instead of attacking the mismatch in the pnr, they instead choose to either isolate vs good defenders or not pass to the mismatch. Furthermore, Jrue is not a big threat to shoot off the pick and Middleton is not a big threat to penetrate vs mismatches. Teams therefore easily switch those picks without much concern.

Unless the Bucks start making better decision or suddenly shoot spectacularly from three, they will lose this series (with or without Harden playing).

JumpMan and rpr52121 like this.
  18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Giannis has Westbrook genes in him.

He thinks he can take dumb shots and beat statistics.

He has also bought into his own media hype.

A sign of a great player is knowing their own limitations and minimizing them while maximizing their strengths.

Giannis cant make that assessment when he is on the court.

Low IQ player.

Reeko and jordnnnn like this.
  19. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

This is a great break down. I feel like more motion in their scheme would also help, and get more back cuts for easy points.

20. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Agreed. AD is perhaps the best secondary star a team can have (unless you count Durant in GSW). But as the main guy, he hasn't proven or shown he can make a team elite in the regular or postseason.