1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC Semifinals] (1)Philadelphia vs. (5)Atlanta

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 4, 2021.

?

Sixers vs. Hawks

Poll closed Jun 6, 2021.
  1. Sixers in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sixers in 5

21.1%
  3. Sixers in 6

21.1%
  4. Sixers in 7

10.5%
  5. Hawks in 7

10.5%
  6. Hawks in 6

31.6%
  7. Hawks in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Hawks in 4

5.3%
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

people keep saying this and Philly's starting lineup is filled with shooters. 39%, 40%, 45%, 37%. Realistically, you're basically not getting much better than that. There comes a point where it isn't anyone else's fault but his. He's the actual problem. all this he needs the right players around him is nonsense

#742 YOLO, Jun 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    HTXSportsAddict and roslolian like this.
  3. DavidJuan

DavidJuan Member

It's possible. I guess we'll find out. But some players need the right situation to thrive, and then they can be important to a team. Andre Iguodala comes to mind.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. ExTexanNowEastCoast

I am sorry, but I am so sick of reading tweets by idiots like this no name jack**s regarding Doc.

So, question for this moron:

Should Rick Carlisle call Dirk and Lebron and tell them thank you? Hasn't done **** in 11 years.

Should JVG thank Larry Bird for getting to the finals his one and only time? Coach Gargamel? Nothing else to add.

Eric Spoelstra better thank his lucky stars that mobbed up Pat Riley was able to finesse the Lebron and Bosh signing. He has not done anything really since then other than last year. I mean, he has never even won 50 games in a season without Lebron. Please! Even SVG did that.

Should Steve Kerr, who somehow has gotten a pass for being such a piss poor coach when he only has one all time great player, thank Kelly Olynk for breaking Kevin Love's shoulder in the 2015 playoffs? I mean that MF can't even win 35 games with Steph and Draymon, yet Doc took an 8th seeded Clippers team whose best player was Lou Williams, and took the fully loaded Warriors to 6 games in 2019.

GTFOH with this noise.

Unless Doc is going to slap Ben Simmons across his face for refusing to dunk the ball when he is under the basket, or teach Tobias Harris how to make a layup, I am not sure what can be done. I said it before and I will say it again, this roster is seriously flawed. You have a GM in Brand who chose Harris and Ben Simmons over Jimmy Butler and Dario Saric, and we all know about Morey. No way TF was going to trade Harden to the Sixers after what Daryl "Double Chins" Morey pulled. So I don't think that trade was ever on the table. The fault lies with whoever gave Simmons the money in the first place.

At some point, we ask coaches to do things that only players can do. Can Doc teach Ben Simmons how to not be a mental midget? No. Can Carlisle teach Luka how to lose weight and stop partying? Can someone on the Lakers wrap AD in bubble wrap so he won't get hurt every time he gets up off the bench?

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Iggy had years where he was respectable enough as a shooter. Simmons isn't even close to that. He's an absolute 0 out there.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

HTXSportsAddict and hakeem94 like this.
  7. DavidJuan

DavidJuan Member

Right, not the exact same situation, but it comes to mind because he wasn't exactly what the sixers expected him to be and eventually was ran out of town, and then he thrived in a secondary role in the right system and ended up being finals MVP.

And, he also couldn't hit a free throw if his life depended on it.

HP3 likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Iggy was never in a secondary role in GS. Multiple all nba and all stars were the core of that team. He became a role player on a title team. Simmons is pretty much a role player who is getting paid max and cannot shoot at all. He's the problem. if those weren't the circumstances nobody would give af about him

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'll always be mad that he passed up on Kyle Lowry to wait for Melo. Kyle Lowry was supposedly willing to come sign with Houston. Kyle was also a known playoff choker until he broke through during Kawhi's stint, but I still wanted him here.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Bro you realize Simmons is making the super max right? He can be a role player after his current deal is done.

11. DavidJuan

DavidJuan Member

Fair enough. He can be a very good role player in a contending team after his current deal is done.

12. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Calm down, Austin.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. T for 3

T for 3 Member

So in previous summers he wasn't working on his shot and now this summer everything is going to be magically fixed because they "know what they have to do." Hmmm where have I heard something like that before.....

HTXSportsAddict and J.R. like this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

INTERESTING

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Guess he won’t be returning to Filthadelphia.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...lains-one-thing-he-dislikes-about-sixers-fans

"CLARK: Do you think the crowd, and Philly, can have an effect on someone like Ben in those moments?

"GREEN: For sure. It has an effect on everybody, and I think that's something that needs to change in the city. I love our fans, but when things aren't going well, they can't turn on you. That's the one thing I would disagree with or dislike. Some guys use it as motivation, some guys have a chip on their shoulder, but I think that needs to change. They need to be riding with us, regardless of how things are going.

"We're the No. 1 team in the East, still playing well, and in some games they'll boo us - that's part of the culture here, part of their way of showing they love us - but with a guy like Ben, and other guys, I think they need to stick behind them and stick by them as long as they can, until the horn blows. And even then, he's here. He's given so much to the organization and the city, on and off the court, that he deserves that respect and that support.

"I hope that thing turns for him and the city of Philly, so where they don't have that mantra as fans of being could, rough, and one of the worst in the league, because we had a great time this year, we had a great outing. When they came and allowed fans back into the building it was amazing, they had amazing energy, which we needed and I loved. I hope that changes for him, and for the city.

"[...]

"Lot of frustration over the years, I understand it. We had a golden opportunity this year, and there will be plenty for years to come with the guys you have here. But just enjoy it, love them. [...] I love our fans, but I try to throw things out there to let them know, 'Protect us, encourage us, stand by us like we stand by you, regardless of wins and losses.' We are humans and people, too. We're not zoo animals where you can throw things or be on our side when it's convenient. I love the city of Philly, and I love the fans. It's been quite an experience for me for the one year I've been here."

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Fans are human too Danny. Humans tend to be impatient when results are not happening. These are fans that are likely spending money on the product or at least watching you on TV, which gives reason to TV stations to pay a lot of money for the rights to show your games, thus, you benefit as a player. Players in the NBA make a lot of money and I think they need to grow thicker skin. They need to understand that they aren't playing basketball games for the fans out of the kindness of their heart. It's pretty freaking expensive to go to a game or be a season ticket holder, so if I want to booo my team whenever they are playing like ass with consistency, then I've earned that freaking right.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Look for Green to be packaged with Simmons in a trade. :D

hakeem94 and Jontro like this.
  18. Jontro

Jontro Member

danny green just publicly requested to be traded basically.

Easy likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Did Maori win? Hope he didn't.

hakeem94 and Jontro like this.
  20. Jontro

Jontro Member

mauri implementing his plan as planned