1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[EC Semifinals] (1)Miami vs. (4)Philadelphia

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 28, 2022.

?

(1)Miami Heat vs. (4)Philadelphia 76ers

Poll closed May 3, 2022.
  1. Heat in 4

12.5%
  2. Heat in 5

29.7%
  3. Heat in 6

21.9%
  4. Heat in 7

4.7%
  5. Sixers in 7

10.9%
  6. Sixers in 6

17.2%
  7. Sixers in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sixers in 4

3.1%
  1. RocketsDraftTV

2. Salvy

Salvy Member

Maybe your gematria was for 2023 not 2022... Its totally possible to confuse those two and miss the three at the end...

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. RocketsDraftTV

huh

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

BRILLIANT ....heres a golden opportunity for 20 people to sneak into becoming a legit 99er...you know @tinman is not happy about it....i am gonna secure my place on this immortal list before he steps in...

5. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

This is still the funniest thing ever

Asian Sensation likes this.
  6. PeppermintCandy

Oh yeah Embiid deserves no criticism here. The guy played like an MVP and did everything asked of him. If not for his freak injury, the Sixers would be at least in the conference finals.

I don't really know why Deandre Jordan got playing time, but I don't really fault Rivers too much for that. (Maybe the plays that they run with Jordan as C is similar to those with Embiid?) Basically, the Sixers didn't have a Plan B after Embiid, and Rivers scrambled for an answer.

As for Harden, I was pretty skeptical about the trade when it happened. But I think the real value of the deal can be judged in the next season or two, if and when Harden and Embiid get back healthy and if Harden takes less than the max. Both are not done deals, obviously.

roslolian likes this.
  7. PeppermintCandy

Definitely could happen, I think.
    And then, maybe Harden can continue the weird karmic dance by joining the Lakers and taking the place of Westbrook.

#1967 PeppermintCandy, May 15, 2022
    Last edited: May 15, 2022
    Easy likes this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

I think there's a large chance Harden takes that 41M option and gambles he can up his value again.

9. PeppermintCandy

I can see that, and I think the Sixers will be happy with that decision as well.

They'll get a harden who will be motivated to prove himself and hopefully be over the hamstring injury.
    This will probably give them their best shot at a championship with the Embiid-Harden tandem.