1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC Semifinals] (1)Miami vs. (4)Philadelphia

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 28, 2022.

?

(1)Miami Heat vs. (4)Philadelphia 76ers

Poll closed May 3, 2022.
  1. Heat in 4

12.5%
  2. Heat in 5

29.7%
  3. Heat in 6

21.9%
  4. Heat in 7

4.7%
  5. Sixers in 7

10.9%
  6. Sixers in 6

17.2%
  7. Sixers in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sixers in 4

3.1%
  1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Keep pushing your harden is choking bs narrative, ignoring that he is missing his MVP candidate costar.

All I am saying is that MIA is also not at full strength. Lowry does not need to be an mvp candidate to be extremely important to his team. Lowry does not need to drop 30 ppg to be important to his team. (this rando goal post bs)

I don't understand how u do not get the simple concept that the impact of Embiid missing for the 76ers is not the same sht as the Miami heats missing a 36 yr old pg. When i bring this up that 76ers missing Embiid is crucial to this series, u bringing up the Heats missing lowry is basically u dismissing this notion as just excuses for harden.

Harden Ive been told finally has help.... Harden faced MIA with a key player missing and still lost.
    Now u just trolling.

jeezus christ. u keep spinning it like harden choke a winnable game vs the heats when they were missing the important 36 yr old lowry when conveniently ignoring that the best player on the 76ers is out.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I was shocked to learn how short Earl's career really was

Rocket River

B-Bob likes this.
  4. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Harden is in his 13th season, Hakeem's 13th season was the last time he was decent and way past his prime, nowhere close to being the player he was when he lead the rockets to titles.

HP3 likes this.
  5. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Harden is only 32, we joked about him playing in cold weather cities, but there may be some truth to the athletic staff or training environment. Somehow PHX has had veterans look fresh when they show up there for the past 20+ years. Miami to an extent has had players look healthier while there as well. We use to joke about it being HGH in south beach, but again maybe for some players the weather in the city you train in matters. My guess is that Harden has not been fully healthy for a while and is just playing through it. I think he just needs to be in the right situation and city. I think LA is pretty much all that is left at this point.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. clos4life

clos4life Member

Man, when Harden loses this threads are so much longer, all the jerking off the Harden Haters do in them. I love the spiciness.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Definitely
    The Posting is like 2 Haters per 1 Fan post

Rocket River

clos4life likes this.
  8. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I'm far from a Harden stan. In fact, I wanted him gone when he was putting up 40 pt triple-dubs... But Harden could average 18/8/8 in his sleep for the next 3 years as a fulltime PG and mfers would still **** on him... He has one of the highest offensive bball IQs in history , but people want him to maintain his prime into his mid 30s... Not likely .. He is still good to great at orchestrating offense...

clos4life and DatRocketFan like this.
  9. Asian Sensation

Lol @ Harden fanbois. So defensive, easily irritated and always triggered. Guess that’s normal when your bum lord and savior was always a loser but now he’s on a further decline.Too bad Harden can’t be like 7ft tall and can just run and dunk.

Salvy and tinman like this.
  10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

99ers

Asian Sensation likes this.
  11. Juxtaposed Jolt

Not sure what's more pathetic - the continuous garbage you post that contribute absolutely nothing to the forum, or the fact that you're literally describing yourself.

Rocket River, jordnnnn and clos4life like this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You sound like the only thing that makes the body decline is the number of seasons a guy plays in the NBA. Hakeem was 34 when he played his 13th season. Of course, the so-called "mileage" matters. But age matters too. If a player started at the age of 30, he would begin to decline within 7 or 8 years, maybe less. It's just biology.

And "way past his prime" is a bit exaggerated. Hakeem dropped to averaging 23 ppg in his 13th season from his peak 28 ppg. Harden has dropped to 22 ppg this season from his peak 36 ppg.

Anyway, I was responding to the poster who listed past great players' end of career situation to try to show that Harden's decline wasn't really that unusual. The comparison was clearly apples to oranges because those players were much older than Harden is.

DreamR likes this.
  13. DreamR

DreamR Member

After seeing him play multiple times most recognize that this Harden is not the same as the one in the Rockets uniform, be it age, injuries, etc.

So from that, we can assume that he is going to have many sub-par games in these and in future playoffs. And the Harden "haters" will be out in full force during these times.

If the Sixers still somehow win, everyone who doesn't like Harden will say they won because of Embiid. Even if Harden puts up respectable numbers.

If he wins, the narrative will be that he won a ring because he was playing the Robin role instead of the Batman role and he can't be the lead dog (Therefore not at the same level as Wade, Dirk, Giannis, etc.)

If he never wins, he will always be seen as a ringless diva who had to travel and get a bunch of free throws in order to score. He will be remembered most for his last few years in the league than his best years.

The Sixers have to win, and Harden has to put up astronomical numbers for him to get respect from the media and most fans. Unfortunately, I don't think that is possible anymore. His scoring ability is on a pretty big decline.

clos4life likes this.
  14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Not sure why they don't just create a "Harden sucks" thread and just post there. Sure, it'd just be like 3 or 4 people circlejerking each other, but it'd be an easy place to hang out.

HP3 and clos4life like this.
  15. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

ya they both matter, but harden 32 and hakeem 32 are very different because of hakeem being 3 years older when he was a rookie, so 3 years less mileage.

Easy, hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  16. Salvy

Salvy Member

You are really downplaying Harden, he is one of the best regular season players to ever play the game.... Easily top 10 player in the past 10 years and you keep acting like he is some scrub.... Philly has two super stars, yes the best one is currently down....

The other one could atleast put up a fight, but since the game was not close I guess its not considered a choke.....

I dont expect Harden to score 50 pts a game... I just want to see him drain some buckets when his team needs them... When MIA is starting to make a run... When the game is on the line....

Im rooting for Harden this series, I really want to see what he can do with help and Embiid in the next round....

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

I heard that Hakeem was in a Cryogenic chamber for 3 years at UH, these chambers now are sponsored by Landry's.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Asian Sensation

This thread. The Toronto thread, the Harden’s Brooklyn thread, Harden’s Philly thread, Frauden thread, Trade Harden thread etc….. they’re all the James Harden sucks thread. You can’t mask the suck. Just embrace it.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Asian Sensation

20. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

If CP3 hadn't gotten hurt, and the Rockets won the chip but someone like Capela was Finals MVP, would Harden have been considered Batman or Robin on that team?

HP3 likes this.