1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

EC Semi-Finals #1: 123Rockets vs Jamers

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by 123Rockets, Sep 3, 2012.

?

Who would win in a 7 game series?

1. 123Rockets

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Jamers

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

When is the next draft???!!!

2. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

It seems fairly even.
    I think 123R has the faster team here, they'll get quite a few easy transition points after defensive rebounds compared to Jamers team.
    In halfcourt, 123R has a ton of shooting. West-Nash PnR could be good, though Jamers has quite a bit of size there on defense....
    The main strength is all the shooting. If they pass a lot and use their quickness advantage to get open shots (especially with Kidd on the floor), it will be hard to stop. How much will Melo hurt ball movement?

On the other side, Jamers has far less but also good spacing, great ball movement inside, and two bigs who can swap positions and post up at any time. Noah should be a great fit defending that. But David West could get abused here. He's a very solid, smart, tough defender, but he's not someone you want defending a post-up by a 6'11 or 7ft center. I think Noah-Kaman is a solid option -- and it's not that huge a downgrade offensively.

I think teams are fairly even, neither will be able to stop the other defensively, nor get killed on the other end.

I vote for you both twice with my 4 accounts.

3. Jamers

Jamers Member

lol, i think i'll start holiday to matchup with Nash's speed.. Maybe a combo of Holiday, Allen/Henderson.. My team is built for a half-court offense, since most of you guys created run and gun team, i defintely have an advantage in half-court offense.. not much of a weakness on fastbreaks because i can replace the "slow" and go fast paced offense

4. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

nah, i'll just vote later. no idea atm. Even the Melo - Pierce matchup, Melo is fairly solid in pure one-on-one situations, especially vs. strong guys who like to back down people.
    Pierce will get open shots once Melo falls asleep on rotations and such, though.

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

yep, i started writing about the benches, but i decided that i cba atm because i wrote about it in the previous thread, so deleted it.

6. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

Melo is not a bad defender on slower power type small forwards. Pierce won't destroy him. I think I win this just because of Nash. Heck, Nash can turn Joakim Noah into a scoring threat. He just makes EVERYONE better and my leadership/chemistry is off the charts.

7. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

If he takes out Pierce, no one on his team has a chance against Melo.

Henderson: Good defender, but not ANYWHERE close to strong or big enough. Melo will abuse him on the block.

Allen: Not big or strong enough. Melo is a master and making contested jump shots with a hand in his face. Melo can also abuse him on the block because of size and strength difference.

8. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

And to say that Tony Allen can lockdown Melo is absurd.

Melo averages 25points on 48% shooting and 43% from beyond the arc over his career vs Allen.

9. Jamers

Jamers Member

he's selfish and a cancer, he can't make team better (according to you) :grin::grin:

10. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

You had other people who demand the ball on your team. He is fine as long as he has veterans an leaders around him and unselfish players who put the team first. That's why I value Nash, Allen, Noah, West, Kaman, Prince as leaders with experience and tough guys like Noah and West who do the little things(also Prince,Brewer).

11. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

123rockets, can you start a new thread: jvu vs. lakersuck. I went over the cap and was too lazy to realize it. Thanks.

12. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

In a couple days, I'm starting an all-time draft.

13. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

Good job Jamers, I guess I lost by a tiny margin, Good luck in the next round.

14. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

It was a very close matchup, but I have Jamers winning it out.

Nash>>Kidd
    Allen>Allen
    Melo>= Pierce
    West<<<Aldridge
    Noah<Gasol

Bench I gave to Jamers by the slightest bit.

Pierce is clutch and is proven (Hate Pierce but you can't argue with hardware). Gasol can be up or down on his game as well but for the most part is a top 5 pf/c when hes at his best. Aldridge is a top 3 PF any day of the week. J Kidd isn't the player he once was while Nash is still chugging along with very solid pg #s. Ray Allen vs Tony Allen tough to say seeing as Rayray wasnt on top of his game last season but is still deadly from 3 while Tony Allen is a shutdown defender.

Again it was very close matchup, but winning in 7?

Jamers

15. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

Please don't just look at individual matchups. Look at my chemistry :(