1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC Second Round] (2)Boston vs (3)Philadelphia

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocket River, Apr 28, 2023.

?

(2) Boston Celtics vs. (3) Philadelphia 76ers

Poll closed May 5, 2023.
  1. Celtics in 4

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  2. Celtics in 5

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Celtics in 6

23 vote(s)
    38.3%
  4. Celtics in 7

6 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Sixers in 4

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  6. Sixers in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Sixers in 6

12 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. Sixers in 7

11 vote(s)
    18.3%
  1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Props to Rivers and Sam Cassell for reviewing film and holding him accountable. Every post-game it's indirect and direct remarks about Harden's deficiencies. "Be aggressive, take the shot, you can't win slowing it down, you have to show up."

Harden never had a real coach like that. Keep taking those mid-range shots

Invisible Fan likes this.
  2. BigTex

BigTex Member

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Maxey is looking like Jordan Poole this series

Now that I think about it, has Embiid ever had a truly dominant game in his postseason career? I can’t recall a single one. Harden’s game 1 and game 4 this series easily surpass anything Embiid has ever done in a playoff game, and so do several of his Houston Rocket playoff games.

Celtics have several role players u can count on to step up in Smart, Horford, Brogdon, and White

Sixers out here relying on the likes of Niang, and Tobias is being paid 40 mil to give u basically nothing

i3artow i3aller and jerryclark like this.
  4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I’m sad. No one from the crew unleashed the timeless, super hilarious joke of sarcastically asking me what Harden’s TS% was last night followed by @-ing the whole crew to see just how funny their awesome joke was for the 100th time.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Maxey's go to move of running really fast at the rim is hard to execute on a consistent basis against a team like Celtics who are all really quick.

HP3 likes this.
  7. Salvy

Salvy Member

Harden is for sure the head honcho of the Sixers now....

Os Trigonum and BigShasta like this.
  8. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

It's time for the MVP to step up and have a defining game, wouldn't we say?

It's crazy because Harden at his best can still be the best player on a team with the current MVP. The problem is that his valleys can be so low at times, the consistency just hasn't been there...yet.

I think we see triple-double James in game 5 where he does a bit of everything and Embiid takes on more of the scoring load. Whatever it takes to get that W.

9. i3artow i3aller

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Why did 76ers pay 40 mil for a guy who's career average is 16.2?

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

There’s no denying he’s an all time talent. Looking back some of my favorite memories as a rockets fan…ever …involved looking forward to him playing.

he just developed such a shitty attitude and 1 dimensional game (encouraged by his dick suckers here). Last game was nothing like that, he was mixing/matching all over. The defense couldn’t guard him . Hope he’s realized the importance of variatio and mixing some midrange in there like all the greats

clos4life likes this.
  12. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

The league banned their amazing GM and forced then to hire one of the worst GMs in history, because they wanted to destroy the process. Crap like harris is a result of that

clos4life likes this.
  13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Encouraged by his dck suckers? U acting like whatever folks say on here have any sway on how harden plays. If we had sway kpj would have been kicked off the team ages ago

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Harden was an avid reader of f CF. So much so his entourage had to block it on his home internet, place certain posters on ignore

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

They had gotten rid of Colangelo at that point. It's Brand that has made several bad moves. Brand gave Tobias that contract. Brand chose Simmons over Jimmy Butler. Brand just made several bad moves and Morey came in and did his best to undo some of he bad management decisions.

16. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Ya but colangelo is the one who destroyed them and caused the harris bird rights situation to happen. None of this happens without silver gutting that franchise

17. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Honestly, at his peak, James was so good at beating defenders off the dribble that it may have had a slightly negative affect on his overall offensive repertoire. Who needs a mid-range jumper when you can get by virtually any defender + hit 30-foot stepback 3s?

Problem for James was that in the playoffs, defenses will always build a wall, so no matter how many times you get past someone in ISO, there will always be multiple defenders waiting for you at the rim. That's where James would force it at times or get fouled and the refs swallowed their whistle because "playoffs".

If he had made a slight adjustment to incorporate more mid-range step-backs in those higher leverage shot-making situations, it certainly could have made a difference.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Bro lmao, keep this bullshit to yourself man.

Patience likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Mazzulla is also just a one year coach who has not figured out how to call TOs in the last seconds.

Other than giving the ball to a role player for a 3 on a decent look.

Free flowing crunch time.

We gave Silas hell for this kind of shenanigans. Your turn, my turn.

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

[​IMG]

Turns out these shots are pretty hard to make unless you are Lebron.

Plowman and HP3 like this.