1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

EC Quarter Finals #3: VBG vs Yung-T

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by 123Rockets, Sep 2, 2012.

?

Who will win in a 7 game series?

1. Yung-T

64.3%
  2. VBG

35.7%
  1. RedNation

RedNation Member

123rockets , find a quote by me (other than my last post) where I said anything as a lie. Up to the challenge?

2. jvu

jvu Member

not true. You base most of your opinions on stats, advanced stats, etc. Although there are many things that stats do not account for. There are critical factors in the game of basketball.. I'll give you two of them. Leadership and chemistry. I'm not a stats person.. If I was I would believe monta Ellis is a beast. Josh smith is a superstar. VBG has hated on my team just as you did. I just think he's got a team that would work better than yours.

3. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Member

Dirk and kg would not be good together as much as you want to pretend they will be. Both mid range on offense which means no offensive boards hibbert would grab so many defensive rebounds. And who would
    Vbgs go to scorer be if Lebron guards dirk. Doest have a Person to play second fiddle to dirk.

4. 123Rockets

123Rockets Member

But he does when KG steps out and plays PnR/PnP with Lawson. There are no stats to prove that, but I'm sure you have seen Hibbert is slow. He had to be taught how to run in college.

5. RedNation

RedNation Member

When he steps out. When he steps out and dirk is always out, who plays post up? Vbg is a jumpshooting team, right? You say yungt won't have an inside game, what about vbg? Show me the quote btw

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Problem is Rondo and KG ran PnR all day but the stats are the same...KG never outplayed KG over his career.

Also jmc's point, KG&Dirk are midrange guys and would grab no boards on offense, Dirk is out there guarding Ilya and would get no defensive rebounds. Ilya is an elite rebounder for PFs, Hibbert easily wins the rebounding duel vs. KG. Add Bron, George and I completely dominate the boards, blocking and he's pretty easy to defend because my guys are quick/tall enough to contest midrange.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

KG never outplayed Hibbert*

8. VBG

VBG Member

Dirk + KG aren't post threats? o_O

9. RedNation

RedNation Member

You said yourself kg doesn't get many points posting up. He is a mid range jump shooter. Dirk likes to do the same. They are solid posting up but neither post up that much

10. VBG

VBG Member

Dirk + KG are still post up threats. They score more effectively on the pick and pop because they go from good threats to unstoppable.

11. VBG

VBG Member

If you watched the playoffs last year, you could see Hibbert get destroyed in the PnR/PnP.

Guess what my team is good at running? PnR and Pick and Pop.

12. VBG

VBG Member

How is Lebron being underrated?

Garnett > Hibbert.
    Dirk destroys Ilyasova.
    Lawson + Afflalo is around equal (at worst) to Conley + Paul George

Avery Bradley + Danilo Gallinari + Nic Collison > Klay Thompson + Ed Davis + Danny Green

So basically Lebron is his only advantage in this thing and he's winning and you're saying Lebron is UNDERRATED?

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Okay now you're still trying to carry the "KG owns Hibbert" myth which I debunked and don't even acknowlege the career matchups which show Bron heavily destroyed Marion and was not worse anyhow in fg% or efficiency over 30+ games.

Your only points about beating me are not anyhow based on facts or actual games, you don't win the matchups(Bron can guard Dirk with Marion starting), I heavily control the boards, steals and blocking department while having more 3pt shooters and better passers.

How are you actually gonna win, say it without lying about KG or Marion.

14. RedNation

RedNation Member

I'm calling it right now. Whoever loses this will stop drafting indefinitely.

15. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Member

Pick and roll with Lawson? He is good but Marion and afflalo aren't doing really offensive treats. Conley and George and solid on defense. Other dirk scoring will be your problem

16. RedNation

RedNation Member

You saided the L word :eek:

17. AXG

AXG Member

I voted Yung-T. He seemed to have a similar approach, going for high-efficiency players. Only difference is he got LeBron James and I didn't.

18. RedNation

RedNation Member

Good lord, its over finally. This was one of the most emotionally heated matchups here.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Thanks, your only weakness is David Lee(super scrub on defense) goin up against Blake, which is why I voted for Donatas. Really like your team, but Lee was a bad choice. :p

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I cried eleven times today, most emotional day in years.