1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC Finals] (1)Cleveland vs. (2)Toronto

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 15, 2016.

?

(1)Cleveland vs. (2)Toronto

Poll closed May 17, 2016.
  1. Cavs in 4

27.1%
  2. Cavs in 5

42.1%
  3. Cavs in 6

18.7%
  4. Cavs in 7

1.9%
  5. Raptors in 7

5.6%
  6. Raptors in 6

2.8%
  7. Raptors in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Raptors in 4

1.9%
  1. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

yeah i hope lebron isn't too worn out from taking all of 17 shots in game 3 and 16 shots in game 4. that can be taxing almost taking as many shots per minute as the great kevin love and and jr smith. way to pass the buck on to struggling teammates. maybe he thinks he's just trying to save himself for the finals, but now he's in jeopardy of not getting there. maybe actually try in game 5 when you're shooting 70% from the field b/c obviously love is now a loser who shouldn't be getting the ball until he proves he can throw one in the ocean.

2. francis 4 prez

it's funny reading people complaining about the refs in cleveland's favor in this game when cleveland ends up shooting all of 9 free throws for the game. i guess if casey can control the refs and kerr can keep green from getting suspended in their post-game press conferences then lue should do something. maybe he's too busy connecting with lebron and the rest of the cavs to do any coaching.

lowry and derozan, historically terrible playoff performers over several years against weak competition and one of them shoots 70% from the field and one shoots 60%. with plenty of those shots from the outside or being contested. i would say it was a fluke based on history but cleveland just let them do it in game 3. i guess they want to get to cancun earlier this year.

#382 francis 4 prez, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
  3. arjun

arjun Member

i think the refs clearly realized at half time that the FT disparity was wayyy too much. and for the conspiracy theorists, perhaps they were being too blatant.

4. arjun

arjun Member

disparity in favor of the cavs, i mean the cavs didn't even get called for their first foul till like 6 minutes left in the 2nd or something. that's crazy

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Lol. LeBron ain't winning hsit for Cleveland

6. francis 4 prez

the conspiracy is to help the cavs so they help them by basically giving them no ft's and letting biyombo grab thompson on the biggest play of the game with no call? with friends like that...

7. i3artow i3aller

Channing Frye needs more help.

8. francis 4 prez

quoting myself, but lowry/derozan apparently first teammates to score 30 points on at least 60% shooting in a conference finals game in 23 years. so i guess it was a fluke. since i'm rooting for cleveland, how about these guys go back to their career playoff averages instead of inexplicably putting up historically great shooting.

9. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I remember how maddening it was when he was on Miami and pulled this chit. He always tries to make the 'right play', but when the opposing team's little PG is guarding you on the block, the 'right play' is ALWAYS to attack!!!

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Toronto rocket putting in work.

11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I only watched the second half, but the officiating seemed to favor Toronto down the stretch with favorable fouls and non-calls.

Toronto's offense was matching Cleveland's offense well in the 4th, but all of Toronto's points were coming from difficult shots that were falling for them. I don't expect that to keep up and Toronto will fall back down to Earth. Cleveland should win this series easily.

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">How Lebron James was after Tristan Thompson's elbow. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TagALebronFan?src=hash">#TagALebronFan</a><a href="https://t.co/WXF5EEVHM8">https://t.co/WXF5EEVHM8</a></p>&mdash; B.A. (@BdotAdot5) <a href="https://twitter.com/BdotAdot5/status/734485344461017088">May 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's pretty funny

14. csc177

csc177 Member

To think we used to have Lowry and had a chance to resign him again is frustrating. I hate watching the raptors now.

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

Raptors shocking everyone and I'm loving it. People still saying Cavaliers are going to take this easily now, well aren't we tied 2-2? Any time you win a series 4-2 or 4-3 it was not because one team was completely dominant so let's get that out of the way. Raptors are showing toughness and are kind of like us last year, but even better. Younger, more athletic, less egos and less knuckleheads. Ow yeah and they thrive from midrange. I know see why not signing Scola was not that much of a missed opportunity. He's getting exposed in the play-offs and not even getting a good shot off. He's made 3 threes and 2 two pointers in the whole play-offs..It's sad to see :(

16. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Biyombo is about to be the poster child in a few years for teams that got cap-drunk this offseason

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You're not remembering the story. Lowry forced his way out. He completely rebelled against McHale and the team and forced his way out.

18. francis 4 prez

my psychoanalyzation of lebron after having watched him all these years is that right now he's pissed at the supporting cast and feels like he shouldn't have to score 40 to beat toronto. basically saying "y'all need to get your **** together and actually show up in these road games because i'm not killing myself before the finals to score 40 against this team that could barely beat indiana just because y'all didn't feel like showing up. i'm gonna score my 29 on 11-16 shooting and if y'all can add enough to that to win, then oh well." of course now that it hasn't worked and they've gotten tied 2-2, he has to score 40 if the team doesn't show up in game 5. he better be ready for it otherwise he can play all the mind games he wants in the offseason.

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Or you could do like most of us and love the Raptors because they remain the heavy dogs, because they are going up against the establishment, and because they are essentially Rockets North with Lowry, PPat and Scola. I loved all those players in Houston and if they can get it done in the JV Division then more power to them.

And let's not forget who the real enemy is here: those smug ass New Yorkers who the manipulate the whole freakin league from behind the scenes and give it a legitimacy on par with pro wrestling. Nothing better than to stick it to them with a Toronto Oklahoma City Finals. Eat ratings hell Stern and Silver!

1 person likes this.
  20. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Thank you! You put perfectly into words what I've been feeling about this matter too.

However, this is how you hold guys accountable. Either you show up or lose. I'm not excusing LeBron here, but trying to expain why would he do this.