1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ebola 1st case in the US

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ron from the G, Sep 30, 2014.

Tags:
  1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

If he did it intentionally, he would have just checked himself into the hospital and told the whole story, I think. Why would he expose his own family members in America to potential (50%) death? That's horrible.

Just my take.

2. VanityHalfBlack

Dallas sucks so much. Yeah Chandler how you liking Dallas now?

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>JUST IN: Statement from Hawaii State Department of Health about possible Ebola patient. <a href="http://t.co/4nlLXAMBbQ">pic.twitter.com/4nlLXAMBbQ</a></p>&mdash; Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) <a href="https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/517527895775125504">October 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

If I was this dude I would stop paying health insurance. They can't stop treating you and you will have teams of doctors trying to look awesome.

If they get an attitude, just say you are leaving the hospital and feel like taking a hershey squirt in the drinking water.

5. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I had a slight cough yesterday so naturally I panicked. I was worried and in a frenzy so I called my doctor right away. The good news is he confirmed today I don't have Ebola.

6. TL

TL Contributing Member

Hope you are right and I am just unnecessarily cynical. It just seems to have an odd fact pattern. But, the fact you laid out doesn't fit with my heinous theory.

Does it seem weird that he went to a hospital originally for slight stomach pains and a mild fever?

7. New Generation

I have an incoming package that is laying over in Dallas. Should I evacuate Katy?

8. Hmm

Hmm Member

[​IMG]

9. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

just logged in to say 1) Why the hell would you travel to a part of Africa with an Ebola outbreak, then decide to hop on a plane to the US? 2) When he realized he was sick, why the heck did he not tell the hospital that he just flew in from Liberia? 3) Why the heck did he come to Texas? He should of quarantined his sorry ass in some other country for 3 weeks and then came back home. Thank God I'm not in Texas now, but most of my immediate family is. Guys like him should be imprisoned if he survives.

10. Bandwagoner

He won't. They only give the experimental Ebola medicine (the stuff that works) to white people.

11. Karolik

Karolik Member

2) actually i thought he didn't either, but the newest update is that he told them he came from west africa, and apparently the hospital didn't still let him out :rolleyes:

12. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Guys like you should be imprisoned for not reading the thread you're posting in.

13. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Texas doctors respond to ebola:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Cui5afI-a9Q?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I doubt he came to the US just to get better treatment. For someone to go from Liberia to Dallas, especially a non US Citizen, isn't like deciding to go from Minneapolis to NY for a weekend. This trip was most likely in the works for months if not years.

The US can deny visas and also deny people labeled as persona non grata from entering the country. They could just keep them in the airport, send them back where they came from or even direct airlines and airports in other countries from allowing them to board flights to the US.

15. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

if he thought he had ebola when he first went to the hospital do you think he'd just accept that they didn't test him for it and sent him home with antibiotics? i don't think you'd want to risk going home and being sick for a few days if you knew you had ebola.

16. Bandwagoner

[​IMG]

saw this face when I was looking at ebola news. wtf

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except he might've trusted the doctor's opinion and figured if the doctor felt it wasn't something serious then he felt the doctor probably knew better.

18. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

THANKS, OBAMA! :mad:

19. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

That sounds like a HORRIBLE idea. Seems like it's just going to spread the disease around even more. :confused:

EDIT: Sorry, I thought you said prostituted.