1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Eastern Conference Semifinals] (2)Toronto vs. (3)Miami

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mac2yao, May 2, 2016.

?

Series Prediction

Poll closed May 5, 2016.
  1. Miami in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Miami in 5

7.0%
  3. Miami in 6

38.6%
  4. Miami in 7

22.8%
  5. Toronto in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Toronto in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Toronto in 6

12.3%
  8. Toronto in 7

19.3%
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Over the last 50 years, no player has shot worse from the field in a postseason than Kyle Lowry (min. 100 shots) <a href="https://t.co/dQWyfrcled">pic.twitter.com/dQWyfrcled</a></p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/727852835992272896">May 4, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Seeing DWade play like this makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

One of my all-time favorite players

-----

Not knowing much about bursitis, I'd imagine all that extra shooting would just aggravate Lowry's injury, right?

3. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

As per NBA.com, he stayed in gym after the game shooting, then talked to reporters and after that resumed some more shooting, this time without a rebounder.

I guess he wouldn't shoot so much if his elbow was getting that much worse with it.

4. omgTHEpotential

Wow, Lowry is continuing his pathetic shooting performance. His defense wasn't that good either. It's hard to figure out really - whether it's mental, or injury-related, or maybe the things that he's depending in the regular season just aren't there anymore come playoff time (free-throws). He's an enigma because he also misses most of his open shots too, ones that he had no trouble making in the regular season.

Really good game by Dragic though - super efficient too. It seems that something just clicked for him in the 4th quarter of Game 6 against the Charlotte Hornets. He became much more confident and thus hasn't sucked since.

It's just one game, but... it doesn't seem like Lowry's shot is getting any better, so he needs to be productive at other things (defense, playmaking, leadership etc.) to have a shot at winning the individual battle against Dragic and in turn the series, because I really think the play of these 2 guards might decide the victor in this ECSF.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lowry is 8 of 50 from 3 in the playoffs? <a href="https://twitter.com/DwyaneWade">@DwyaneWade</a>: &quot;Sounds like me in the regular season.&quot; <a href="https://t.co/sF6mK4lCK8">pic.twitter.com/sF6mK4lCK8</a></p>&mdash; Manny Navarro (@Manny_Navarro) <a href="https://twitter.com/Manny_Navarro/status/727872806755573760">May 4, 2016</a></blockquote>

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lowry says the problem is not his elbow and is not mechanical. &quot;I watched every shot. Everything is the same. That's what is frustrating.&quot;</p>&mdash; Ethan J. Skolnick (@EthanJSkolnick) <a href="https://twitter.com/EthanJSkolnick/status/727924027994550272">May 4, 2016</a></blockquote>

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

^ so it's mental

welp...congrats on advancing to the 2nd rd Toronto

8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I'm no doctor, but I don't think this is what elbows are supposed to look like <a href="https://t.co/yyHVHaP74k">pic.twitter.com/yyHVHaP74k</a></p>&mdash; Josh Lewenberg (@JLew1050) <a href="https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/727906325594841088">May 4, 2016</a></blockquote>

Maybe his elbow injury is still bothering him or maybe its just mental... but his shooting % has dropped significantly ever since he drained his injured his elbow in late March as well as the few weeks before that.

Shot 45% in Jan and 50% in Feb.
    Shot 40% in Mar and 39% in April
    Currently under 31% in playoffs :confused::eek::(

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The NBA actually reviewed final 2 minutes of regulation &amp; all 5 minutes of OT. 3 of 4 missed calls involved Valanciunas (screens or 3 secs).</p>&mdash; Ethan J. Skolnick (@EthanJSkolnick) <a href="https://twitter.com/EthanJSkolnick/status/727962398099918849">May 4, 2016</a></blockquote>

10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Wow this stat....

Heat have won at least one road game in 18 consecutive playoff series.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He chokes every year though, lol. Actually I was shocked they beat Indiana.

12. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

In an interview after Game 6 or 7 in Charlotte, can't remember exactly which, he half-jokingly said nobody got angry at his missed shots, so he continued to shoot with confidence.

That's his biggest weakness, although you could argue sometimes it's not. You have shooters like Gerald Green or Jamal Crawford, who despite not hitting anything will continue to shoot until they get hot or lose you the game.

Dragic found that confidence in his All-NBA season in PHX and is regaining his confidence again in Miami.

This is also very obvious when he plays for our national team. Since he's our best player and our coach is giving him free reign, he is always playing well since his confidence is high all the time :)

13. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Demar Derozan is a ball hog. He shoots it every single time he touches. It's not fun to watch, I would hate to be his teammate.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Lowry and Derozen...jeez. So much for all that extra shooting after game 1

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Lowry is truly terrible in the playoffs. Not just bad. Not just disappointing. He's terrible.

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

JV is the only Raptor putting it all out there.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Valanciunas is a ******* beast. Carrying them right now.

18. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

The offense should go to Val, VAL, VAL and then Ross or crowder at this point. Derozan nad Lowry are terrible.

19. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

wooot reverse jinx worked lol

Nice SHOT KYLE!!

But seriously go to VAL

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

JV keeps bailing out the 2 "star" losers