1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eastern Conference Finals (Playoff): Chicago Bulls(1) Vs Miami Heats(2)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Roxs-Redemption, May 12, 2011.

?

Who will win this series?

1. Bulls in 4

5 vote(s)
    2.3%
  2. Bulls in 5

10 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. Bulls in 6

45 vote(s)
    20.3%
  4. Bulls in 7

54 vote(s)
    24.3%
  5. Heats in 4

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  6. Heats in 5

14 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. Heats in 6

72 vote(s)
    32.4%
  8. Heats in 7

20 vote(s)
    9.0%
  1. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

i think the Knicks need a new coach b4 they win too.

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

funny gambling pros actually think that they have more control in games/halves/quarters than a whole series..

someone who's confident with the lakers would have lost a ton of money if they bet on the whole series as compared to if they bet on a per game basis

3. ThaShark316_28

Heat in 7...

It's really a toss up to me...

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

first of all, boozer and bosh won't match up with each other/guard each other. noah will be on bosh; anthony will be on boozer.

both are soft as hell, but boozer is way softer. bosh will have an advantage production-wise. noah is a VERY good defender, but he won't intimidate bosh. KG was his father, so bosh rolled up in a turtle whenever he faces him (and he still had 3 very good games out of 6). so i don't expect noah to have that mental advantage over him; it's really all mental w/ bosh.

however, noah MUST dominate the boards for the bulls to have a chance, esp on the offensive glass since the bulls will miss a ton of shots.

and it's also up to deng and bogans/brewer to slow down james/lebron. it's not going to happen. bron has always played well vs deng throughout his career (you can say toy with him). brewer may have a better chance vs wade, but the ONLY guy who could consistently guard wade was hinrich. that guy is no longer there and wade never had problems w/ bogans/brewer throughout his career.

now to rose. can he score efficiently? can he get to the line? if bibby guards rose, just give him 2 points. i don't expect bibby to be on rose one time in the series unless it's a cross match on a fastbreak. if bibby starts, wade will be on him. when chalmers is in, chalmers will be on him. i think we've seen how paul george can defend a guy like rose or give him a tough time, so you may see lebron on him for short stretches.

the ONLY way for the bulls to win is if they dominate the boards and shut down the heat (like literally have them shoot under 40% and outrebound them by 10+). that's impossible to do.

5. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Noah is all hustle

6. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Ok...

Honestly, it seems like you just woke up and realized that gambling is almost never a 100% bet and got excited. Now you're online to spread the news.

I don't really know what the pros think or care how they come to their conclusions, but I think a series bet like the Lakers over Mavs would have been safer to say that the Lakers would win a certain game. And I'm sure plenty of people lost their money/savings. That's why it's called gambling.

My friend bet on $120 on the Magic (w/o taking the spread) to beat the Hawk in Game 1...with the Magic being heavy favorites...to win $37. Needless to say, he lost that. He moved on with his life, though.

I'm not here to tell you how to gamble. I don't even gamble enough to know the terms. But if you make such a great analysis of the game to come to a conclusion that you're confident of, why not take a 2-1 bet in your favor? The rest of the world doesn't agree but you know something they don't. Unless you're not a gambler, it makes no sense.

Anyway, time to get back to sleep. Finals have had me sleep-deprived for a few days. Enjoy.

I'm feeling Heat in 6!

7. vlaurelio

this will relatively the youngest/most athletic/best defensive & rebounding front court the heat will face in this year's playoffs

joakim (26 yo),boozer (29 yo) >> o'neal (33 yo), garnett (34 yo) >>
    brand, hawes

8. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

I think it will be the Miami Heats against the OKC Thunders in the finals. :rolleyes:

9. Stepping Razor

Heats?... Anway I have Bulls winning in 7. Bulls vs. Thunder(s) ;) in the finals.

10. Stepping Razor

Haha, wow, just read your thread lol.

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

one, if you're going to make that claim, put asik or taj gibson in there. boozer is not going to do anything defensively; hell he might not even break 30 minutes per game in this series b/c of being a defensive liability. he was pulled for game 5 vs the hawks, along w/ noah.

look for asik and gibson to be on the floor a ton. and those 2 guys are better defensive players than noah. but those 2 guys are worse offensive players.

just another great point: miami's best lineup of james/wade/bosh/chalmers/anthony played ZERO minutes vs the bulls this reg season. that should tell you a lot about how miami is different from the reg season. and the bulls won the season series by 8 points total.

12. vlaurelio

first, you and sactown first brought in gambling/betting into this thread..

i just hate people who say "if you think you're right or your analysis is right, bet on it".. prove me wrong.. how much has hollinger won in Vegas?

not betting on it doesn't prove who's right or wrong.. if you're so confident about the heat and the odds, how much are you actually gonna put down for it and I have a bookie or a site for you..

and its not like I'm going to listen to you about gambling.. I don't care that your friend bet $120 and lost $30 and moved on with it, my sports gambling account swings 5 digits either way in a week for a year now and I'm not losing any sleep over that.. just this past months I've hit multiple 6 to 8 game parlays.. even the bookie has started thinking about banning me from doing parlays..

but enough about gambling.. I didn't start the conversation and I don't want to derail this thread, if you want to talk about gambling, go ahead and put all you money your house deed and you car titles on the heats or open a thread on it in the hangout..

#112 vlaurelio, May 13, 2011
    Last edited: May 13, 2011
  13. Mr. Space City

heat just need to steal 1 at home

14. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

You talk like Boozer is a terrible defensive player. He is far from the best but he is not terrible to the point of being a liability. The Heat don't have any dominate low post players. Bosh is the closet they have and he is more of a perimeter big man and you said yourself that Noah will be holding him. Boozer will be just fine holding Joel Anthony. Also, Boozer and Noah weren't pulled from game 5. The Bulls started the 4th with some bench players like a lot of teams do and when they began to play well Coach T decided to leave them in there which is something that almost any smart coach would do.

15. vlaurelio

chill I just made a comparison between starters of bulls vs celts vs sixrs

16. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

I don't care about your gambling background or if you've won millions on parlay or if the bookie is so impressed with your abilities that he's thinking about sending the mafia after you. That doesn't make you any more credible in this thread. I'm just arguing a bit of logic here.

It's true that betting does not prove that someone is right or wrong. But if someone feels very strongly that the Bulls are to win, and they can have the odds against them, why not take advantage of it?

I am confident with the Heat taking the series, but I'm not betting on them because they are favorites, making it less rewarding. But if someone offered me near 2-1 odds like we have for the Bulls, I'd take it. If you are volunteering to make that offer, I can tell you how much I'd bet.

Never meant to derail the thread. But, once again, if you feel that a certain team is very likely to win a series, AND you have 2-1 in your favor, why not place a bet? Unless you are against gambling, it would be the logical thing to do.

17. vlaurelio

yeah that logic is *****

winning is winning, money is money stop BSing.. bet on what the odds are don't say "I'll bet if someone stupid enough will offer me the odds I want"

let's just do straight up for fun I put $50 to the tip jar if Heat win the series in 6 games or less and you put $50 in the tip jar if Heat don't win the series in 6 game or less regardless of who wins the series

18. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

That's r****ded. For a gambler, you don't seem to understand the logic and odds in gambling.

Winning is winning? Are you a detective? But placing $1000 to win $500 produces a risk vs reward scenario. If a Bulls fan feels so strongly about his Bulls winning, does it make sense not to take 2-1? I don't believe it is. Because I feel that the Heat are likely to win this series, I would take the 2-1.

Why do you keep making these offers? I don't think you realize how stupid they are. There are more scenarios likely to happen in your favor than in mine. Are you really a gambler? Why don't you make a prediction (Bulls in however many games), and I'll offer a $50 to that specific bet. If that doesn't happen, regardless of the outcome, you pay $50 into the tipjar. See how easy that was? I'm definitely down for that. Another alternative is just a flat out bet. If the Heat lose, I pay $50 into the tip jar. If they win, you pay $50.

19. vlaurelio

fixed

I'm happy with that :D

20. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

That's nice.

Maybe "sure" wasn't the word that I was looking for, but I believe the Heat will win. I believe enough that if someone offered me 2-1 for my conclusion, I'd take it. I wouldn't take 1-2 or even 1-1. Others, however sure they are, still wouldn't take a 2-1.

Tip jar bet: $50 from me if Heat lose. $50 from you if Heat win.

Let me know. :grin: