1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eastern Conference Finals (Playoff): Chicago Bulls(1) Vs Miami Heats(2)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Roxs-Redemption, May 12, 2011.

?

Who will win this series?

1. Bulls in 4

5 vote(s)
    2.3%
  2. Bulls in 5

10 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. Bulls in 6

45 vote(s)
    20.3%
  4. Bulls in 7

54 vote(s)
    24.3%
  5. Heats in 4

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  6. Heats in 5

14 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. Heats in 6

72 vote(s)
    32.4%
  8. Heats in 7

20 vote(s)
    9.0%
  1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Bulls in 6

Noah and Loozer will BEAST on Bosh and [insert garbage C].

0-3 that's the Heat record against the Bulls.

2. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

If anything, the Bulls are starting to play real Bulls basketball NOW.

Last night's game was almost perfect Thibs basketball. Excellent D, great rebounding, plenty of passing.

I predict Bulls in 6. You have to remember Bulls have homecourt advantage and Chicago fans will not relent on their Lebron/Wade hate for not coming to Chicago. They want to throw it in their face, show them that this would've been a better choice. They're already one of the best homecourts in the league, selling out even when Jordan wasn't around and now they have a hometown hero and a fun team to get behind. Crowd WILL make a difference.

Also, I know everyone is throwing out and dimissing regular season stats. Let's keep in mind however that neither Boozer or Noah were at full strength.

Deng/Brewer/Bogans have been shutting down scorers for the most part in these playoffs.

Noah/Asik/Gibson have been dominating the boards and defending the interior.

Rose is a consistent 20-30pts a game and is getting help from Gibson and Boozer stepping up to score 15-20 last few games.

Miami will win some games, but you gotta be joking if you don't think Bulls have a chance. Bulls will kill Miami in the low post, on the boards and they'll use the same strategy they've been using on offense: Rose tears up whoever is guarding him or he drives, defense collapses, kick to Bogans/Korver for 3 or pass to Noah/Boozer for dunk.

3. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Noah should definitely terrorize the Heat on the glass...but he's been a zero on offense. Boozer's been a shadow of himself (13-9 and pussycat D)...making him pretty much a Bosh clone.

Deng'll have his hands full just trying to tread water against James, and LeBron's gotten a recent jones for ballhawk D, which won't bode well on the other end for Deng.

Wade will KILL the Bulls at the 2 on both ends.

That leaves Rose to do it all.....which isn't a good game plan. He'll have his all day against Bibby, but the Heat are going to make the lane nasty for him. He's going to have to be outstanding (and he can be) finding cutters in traffic while driving and drawing the defense.

Bulls D should do a better job than the Celtics protecting the paint.

But ultimately, I think the Heat are peaking and the regular season means squat in May.

4. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

If the Heat when this series there for surely taking the Chip this season... no way Dallas, OKC, Mem can beat them.. only Bulls have the chance.

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I saw the Bulls run a ton pick n roll plays for DRose & Boozer last night.. they will probably run them alot during this series and as long as Boozer and Gibson are htting those Js it will make life easier for DRose and Deng

6. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

The bulls will dominate the paint.

7. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

I'll go Bulls in 7 games

Stern cries after this series.

8. vlaurelio

yeah the sixers and celts (garnett's old and had 1 good game) front court are nothing compared to pacers and atl's

and i'm pretty sure bogans or brewer can stay infront of wade better than ray allen did and deng can stay in front of lebron better than pierce did

bulls' average age = 27
    celtics' average age = 32

Celtics lost game four simply because of fatigue

for the young & hungry Bulls' team, fatigue won't be an issue..

9. vlaurelio

I think more people will rather watch a bulls vs _ finals than a heat vs _ finals

and more people will probably watch this series than the actual finals :D

10. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

This my friends, is what's called putting ya nuts on the table.

11. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Definitely saw that.....also saw Boozer really working hard on his 15-20 ft jumper during shoot around....they can destroy teams with that pick n pop for Boozer at the top of the key or Pick n roll for Boozer to backcut for Noah. The options they have for a low post score and three point shot + Rose allow for alot of flexibility in their offense.

Noah had a good first few games, but didn't score as much last few. However he hasn't needed too and he's the type of scorer that typically picks up the garbage buckets. With the Bulls shooting a high percentage and the bench coming in and playing clean up, Noah hasn't had that many minutes to really care about scoring. I think he'll be there for a dish out or a putback, but no one expects more than 10-15pts outta Noah a game.

Boozer on the other hand's been battling the turf toe. First few games he sucked, but last 3 games he's picked it up on both ends and I've seen him show some fire and aggression, something that I haven't seen all season. Last game I could've sworn he looked better defensively too, moving his feet faster, helping out on D when the weak side needed support.

It should be interesting to watch Boozer v. Bosh. Both have taken their knocks for not producing enough and both have played below their potential. However I see Boozer starting to step up a little more now with recovering from the injury and I believe he'll be able to body up Bosh, grab more boards and show more toughness in general. I do think Bosh will exploit Boozer by pulling him out of the low post and making him gaurd Bosh at the top of the key to prevent Bosh from camping and hitting 15-18 ft jumpers. This should leave the low post defense weak, allowing Wade or Lebron to take their man + Noah at the lane.

12. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Anyone who is "confident" of the Bulls winning should take it to the betting arena and take advantage of it. The Bulls certainly have a chance to win. This is the ECF; only talented teams make it this far (usually). But I have the Heat in 6.

Seriously, if you feel the Bulls are going to win, why not take advantage of the 2-1 odds instead of just gloating about what a detective you are of basketball? Someone give me 2-1 on Heat winning and I'm in.

13. vlaurelio

if the guy's confident that the bull's don't have a "freakin chance" and are going to be "destroyed" against the heat as he earlier said in this thread, and agreed to donate $50 to the tipjar if the heat does not win the series in 5 games or less, I'll agree to donate $50 to the tipjar if the Bulls can't extend the series more than 5 games regardless of who wins it just to make it fun..

14. vlaurelio

gambling is easier said than done.. re: lakers vs mavs

15. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

if you think Stern would rather have the bulls over the heat in the finals.. that's funny

16. vlaurelio

did you see the name stern in my post? that's funny & weird :eek:

17. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

good call

yes, this series is the most watched.

18. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

This will be the best rival in the NBA for the next 7 years

19. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

There are no guarantees in gambling. Is that what you're saying? What's new? That's obvious and applies to all forms of gambling.

But if someone is knowledgeable or "confident" about a situation, that's the decision they make. Especially if the odds are favor him/her.

I'm not even a heavy better, but if I was so certain a team would beat another, I'd take that bet...once again, especially if the odds are in your favor. Betting for individual games are riskier because of randomness (or fluke), but for an overall series I think the opportunity here is as good as it gets.
    ---
    Personally, I feel that the Heat will take a game in Chicago and either win both in Miami (or drop) 1 then finish the series. Overall, I like Miami to win in 6 enough that I would take 2-1 odds.

20. vlaurelio

unless either d12, cp2, or dwill joins the knicks :D