1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eastern Conference Finals (Playoff): Chicago Bulls(1) Vs Miami Heats(2)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Roxs-Redemption, May 12, 2011.

?

Who will win this series?

1. Bulls in 4

5 vote(s)
    2.3%
  2. Bulls in 5

10 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. Bulls in 6

45 vote(s)
    20.3%
  4. Bulls in 7

54 vote(s)
    24.3%
  5. Heats in 4

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  6. Heats in 5

14 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. Heats in 6

72 vote(s)
    32.4%
  8. Heats in 7

20 vote(s)
    9.0%
  1. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I still wouldn't have wanted to see Jordan team up with Hakeem, and Worthy back in 90. Putting three established stars on the same team in their mid to late 20s is a huge deal. Even Kobe and Shaq had very little prime overlap. You put 27 year old Kobe with 27 year old Shaq and 27 year old Glen Rice and get ready for a lot more than three rings.

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

All these scenarios are stupid...People know they would have liked if Jordan played with Larry or Magic or whomever... Theres no way Jordan would have turned down Magic or Bird if they had the same opportunities today's FAs have...Lebron just isnt liked because he's young and made a veteran decision to put rings over personal accomplishments.......

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

people act like wade was winning all these championships. he won with Shaq and he barely made the playoffs in the years afterward. its not like playing with Magic.

4. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Instead of winning several more rings Kobe got Shaq kicked off the team so he could win as the man. You underestimate the egos of players like Jordan and Kobe.

5. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Lolololol, omfg, now ive heard it all.

[​IMG]

6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I read that post and you didn't address anything. You basically have an issue with free agents deciding where to play. Signing a FREE AGENT is great GM'ing just like drafting or trading for someone.

As far as riding coattails, LeBron is leading the team in almost every category and is their primary defender. Since I can't think of any other wing to do that, I'll go on record and say if anyone is riding coattails it's the other players riding his! And I'll also restate that if you don't have an issue with some of the great trios of the past playing together then the Heat trio shouldn't bother you. If it bothers you that they chose to play together then you just have a problem with free agency in general, which makes no sense IMO.

7. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Signing free agents is part of GMing but it is no necessarily great GMing. If Wade told Pat that Lebron and Boshwere willing to come to Miami if he cleared cap space I really don't see how Riley is a great GM for doing it. I'm not saying that is what happened but if it is then I have a hard time giving Riley a lot of credit for it.

Most people's issues are with the competitiveness of the decision as opposed to whether or not they were playing within the rules of free agency.

8. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

9. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

It's the sad truth of almost every heat related thread.

10. Mr. Space City

smh @ wade averaging 18 ppg on .394% FG

11. adboy

adboy Member

jordan is quoted as saying that he would not have teamed up with bird or magic

12. clippy

clippy Member

Yeah, he just waited until they got old or retired.

13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

after they lost to the Pistons, not lost, but were manhandled, Kobe felt it was time to come outta his shell...But I guarantee Kobe wouldnt trade back those 3 rings with Shaq for MVP season without the same success...Cant compare Lebrons situation to Kobe's ....Kobe won 3 before his selfishness kicked in...Lebron didnt have that luxury

14. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Lebron be ridin his coattails :rolleyes:

15. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

of course he did...... He's not gonna say "I would have loved to" becuase of thats the way old people are...They deny things just to prove a point to the younger generation...Makes them look "manly"....I guarantee you he wouldnt have uttered a word if Magic or Bird wanted to join forces...Guarantee it

16. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

if anything Lebron will prolong Wade's career or at least his "All-Star standards" career

17. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I will agree that Kobe had the luxury of already being a champion when he decided to be selfish so it is not fair to really compare them. I just used it because it was the best example of how some players care more about winning as the man as opposed to just winning as a part of a team.

I completely respect Lebron's decision to leave I just can't respect the teaming up with another top player part. If he had teamed up with Rose not knowing how good the kid would be I wouldn't fault him for putting himself in a good situation and hitting the jackpot. I want players to put themselves in situations where they have help but are challenged to be great too but I realized everybody doesn't think that way.

18. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

You don't get competitiveness then. There aren't people in your life that you would rather lose against than win with?

19. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

of course, but we're talking NBA championships...Something praised and immortalized throughout the world...No way would you turn down help from people on your "talent level" just for the sake of your competitive ego

20. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Sure you do. Especially if you think nobody is on your talent level. Jordan really thinks nobody out their can stop him. Your guarantee that he would have teamed up with Magic and Bird while still in his 20s just to get a ring is a huge stretch based on his personality.