1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eastern Conference Finals (Playoff): Chicago Bulls(1) Vs Miami Heats(2)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Roxs-Redemption, May 12, 2011.

?

Who will win this series?

1. Bulls in 4

5 vote(s)
    2.3%
  2. Bulls in 5

10 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. Bulls in 6

45 vote(s)
    20.3%
  4. Bulls in 7

54 vote(s)
    24.3%
  5. Heats in 4

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  6. Heats in 5

14 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. Heats in 6

72 vote(s)
    32.4%
  8. Heats in 7

20 vote(s)
    9.0%
  1. VanityHalfBlack

I think every team in the NBA should start a super team meaning 3 big superstars in each team... Boston,Miami, New York have their big 3... Where are the West big three???

2. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Your intelligence is flawed.

He used it as a part of a sales pitch to Bosh.

3. SacTown

SacTown Member

Yep. Even Rose admits it. It's Hakeem vs David Robinson all over again.

4. Steve_Francis_rules

Like when Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Magic Johnson finished 3rd and 4th in MVP voting in 1983-84, 2nd and 4th in MVP voting in 1984-85, and 3rd and 5th in MVP voting in 1985-86 all while teaming up with hall-of-famer James Worthy?

Or When Larry Bird won three consecutive MVPs while teaming up with the player Charles Barkley calls the best player he ever played against (Kevin McHale) and all-star/hall-of-famer Robert Parish?

5. Steve_Francis_rules

Even if it involved cleverly maneuvering to free up enough cap-space to sign Wade/James/Bosh/Miller/Haslem all while staying competitive the last several years (unlike the Knicks)?

6. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

That never happened.

Neither did Hakeem, Drexler and Barkley on da Rockets....

Or Jordan, Pippen and Rodman

Or Garnett, Pierce and Allen

Or Bird McHale and Parish

Or Magic Kareem and Worthy

Or Kobe Gasol Bynum Artest and Odom.

No, lebron is held to a otherwordly standerd, i guess he jus that damn good :rolleyes:

7. Steve_Francis_rules

When were we not in that era, really? The Lakers and Spurs have won 9 of the 12 championships since MJ retired. The Bulls and Rockets won 8 straight before that. The Pistons, Lakers, and Celtics dominated the 80s.

The league has always been this way. You're fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

8. BleedRocketsRed

a) All of those teams were built legitly (trades, drafts, etc)

b) Only 3 of those teams (Bulls, Celtics 1 and Lakers 2) had all of those players in their primes

I think it is the teaming up, riding the coattails, which people have the problem with.

9. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Built legitly?

Explaine how "free" agents choosing which team they wanna play for aint legit.

Now you just graspin for straw.

10. Steve_Francis_rules

Built legitly? Did I not get the memo that free agency was banned in the NBA prior to this season (for everyone but the Miami Heat, apparently)?

11. BleedRocketsRed

Okay fine the Heat were "built legitly," perhaps it would have been better for me to say that those teams were not a bunch of coattail riding divas.

This trio teamed up, the above mentioned great teams were actually built through great GMing.

12. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Last night was the classic example of why lebron and bosh decided to play together. In playoffs past, wade and his team would've lost big time. The fact wade had a poor game and they still won just confirms what they envisioned.

Rose has to play great for them to win,but we've seen bosh have 2 30pt games already in this series. That nevr happened in cleveland in the playoffs unless it was lebron.

13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

getting 3 superstars to play below their market value sint great GMing???...................just playin mane...just *****ing wit you..

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

And the Heat were built legitly, BY SIGNING FREE AGENTS!!! Do you know what the term free agent means? It means you are free to sign wherever you want. The three ways to get players are via draft, trade and free agent signings. So I guess you didn't want the Rockets to sign any free agents last summer (or S&T for them)?

Ok, so that's 3 other examples. So why are you holding these guys to a higher standard? Why is it ok for those other examples to play together in their prime but not for these guys? Because they exercised their free agent rights? :confused::confused:

Abd that, IMO, makes no damn sense. It's silly to have a problem with guys teaming up to form a team that has as much talent as past NBA champions. It's silly to say someone is riding coattails when he is leading the team in damn near every category and is the primary defensive player. Even Jordan didn't do that (when they were winning).

15. BleedRocketsRed

Read my post a couple below that one. I addressed everything you said in 1-2 sentences.

16. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

As much as I hate to say it, my respect for Miami and Lebron has grown this series. They've earned it.

As for Rose, he clearly looks frustrates and is constantly forced into traps and double teams. He forces outlets that his teammates don't close the gap to get too, causing more room for error. His teammates make unnecessary extra moves rather than just spot up shooting, resulting in turnovers or unnecessary offensive fouls. And lastly he appears intimidated and scared. As much as it pains me too say it he really does. Watch any of the past 3 games. Game 1 Miami ran Bibby/Chalmers at Rose and it was okay. Game 2/3/4 they've had Lebron hounding him and he's been unable to shake him. Not fast enough. Not strong enough. Not good enough. It isn't Rose's fault Lebron was born...you can chalk that up to Gloria. Only thing the Bulls can do now is go out there and keep pushing it and try to get it to game 7. If they're unable too, then get Rose in the gym in the offseason, work on strength/speed and then make a nice free agent acquisition of a TRUE low post scoring option to open up the floor, a solid scoring 6th man who can hit shot and create and a starting 2 guard who can play hard nosed D and create his own shot as well.

If Miami makes it to the finals, they'l win it. They'll add more pieces in the offseason and be even scarier next year. However there is light at the end of the tunnel. It's the light shining off the bald head belonging to the coach of the year 2011, Tom Thibs. With the Bulls blueprint in his hands, I am not afraid to face any team at any time in the future.

(Sorry Thibs, I meant bald-ing, not bald....yet. Although I'm sure Boozer and his frustrating play will eventually drive you to full moon status if he sticks around Chicago and continues in the same statuesque defensive fashion.)

I do think the Bulls will pull out game 5. They've managed to play their hearts out and give 120% at the madhouse. If I can see the adjustments needed to win in decisive fashion in game 5 (without rumors of Wade/Bron/Bosh partying the night before) then I'll have more enthusiasm for a game 7. Also, Korver neeeeeeeeds to get hot sauce NOW.

Lets go Bulls.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Didn't Tmac want to go to Houston because Yao was there? Didn't KG only agree to be traded to Boston when Allen was included as well? LOL what coattail riding are you talking about, the Heat are made up of just 3 good players. Any one of those three don't perform and they lose games. In fact Lebron has played the longest minutes of anyone in the playoffs, at around 45 minutes a night. LOL coattail riding, yeah right :rolleyes:

18. Steve_Francis_rules

So it's not "great GMing" to secure the cap space necessary to sign three big free agents but it is "great GMing" to draft a once in a lifetime talent -- who made it clear that he would return to college if drafted by anyone but your team -- and team him with a five-time MVP who is still in the prime of his career?

19. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

The team with a 41 year old Karl Malone, a 36 year old Payton, an injured Shaq, and Kobe going through a rape trial? The amount of time that team got to play as a whole during the season was short plus Kobe was probably the only player playing anywhere near his max. It does not compare to three established players all in their primes playing together.

20. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Kareem was around 36 when they got Worthy and Worthy didn't become an all star caliber player until Kareem was 39 or 40. You put 27 year old Magic, 27 year old Worthy, and 29 year old Kareem on the same team and you see a HUGE difference from what was going on in the early to mid 80s.

This is as close as you are going to get but McHale was never a top 3 or 5 player in the league. It's more like Bird leaving to team up with Magic in 84 and then briging RP or somebody like him along.