1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Eastern Conference Finals] Boston Celtics vs. Detroit Pistons

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ndnguy85, May 18, 2008.

?

Who will win?

1. Celtics in 4

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  2. Celtics in 5

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  3. Celtics in 6

10 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. Celtics in 7

42 vote(s)
    29.0%
  5. Pistons in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Pistons in 5

4 vote(s)
    2.8%
  7. Pistons in 6

60 vote(s)
    41.4%
  8. Pistons in 7

26 vote(s)
    17.9%
  1. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

i dont know..you tell me. i am not the one stuck in 1995.

2. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

holy crap what a horrible play by tayshaun prince. mindnumbingly stupid. he gets the rebound and just holds the ball out and doesn't look to see if anyone is behind him? are you kidding me? you just caught the ball off posey flying out of bounds and you don't think maybe he's still back there? i really didn't think there was anyway he was going to just stand there until posey showed up but he did.

2 chances at a rebound and then a senseless foul. detroit proving why they don't deserve to go to the finals. lackluster play in several games, stupid play in others. the LA/BOS matchup is here.

and i picked boston in 6, what do i win?

3. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

You're right, but i REALLY hope you're wrong.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

well its 2008. cassell is still playing, he's the backup at boston.

5. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

David Stern just pee his pant. Lakers vs Celtics final.

Flip Saunder is an idiot. Just watching the lead vanished and fell behind and still sat Rip/Wallace until less than 5 minutes. OMFG!

I bet Flip will get fire. Period.

6. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

gawd, the Pistons really are the Atlanta Braves of the NBA

choking it away

this series was more about who choked less, as both teams left alot to be desired

7. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

The so-called "Big 3" has shown the tendency to choke in crunch time. They are afraid of stepping up and making shots and guys like Rondo and Posey save their asses time and time again. I am not sure if this will still work against Kobe and the Lakers.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Celtics can't hit free throws. there's still some hope

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

When it was 70-60, I thought for sure we were going back to Boston for a game 7. For the Celts to score the next 10 points, close the game on a dominating 29-11 run and win this in Detroit says something. I'm not sure they have returned to mid-season form, but I feel better about them in the Finals. I WANT them to beat the Lakers even though I THINK they will lose.

For me Detroit's, collapse was as awesome to watch as it was spectacular. For them to lose in the conference Finals yet again was delicious. I feel the Pistons lost this game more than anything. Instead of putting the pedal to the metal when they got up by 10, they completely fell apart. Props to the Celts for having the guts to take this game when it was presented to them. They made shots, had some heady defensive plays and showed a killer instinct until they lost concentration near the end.