1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Eastern Conf. 1st Round] Miami Heat vs. Atlanta Hawks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets34Legend, Apr 15, 2009.

?

D-Wade vs. Josh Smith

1. Heat

113 vote(s)
    51.8%
  2. Hawks

105 vote(s)
    48.2%
  1. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Just make ONE of them a Rocket in 2010. Get it done Morey! :D

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Bingo. His talent and skill set have never been the question. JJ literally does everything for the Hawks. He's their best playmaker (yes, even better than Bibby) and easily their best scorer. He initiates the offense, scores, rebounds and usually defends the opponent's best perimeter player. Simply stated: he handles a such a heavy load the Hawks would be destitute without him.

Like you said, he just doesn't really have that killer, "I'm taking this game over right now!" type of mentality that the marquee players in this league have. It doesn't help that he gets NO superstar calls either. But yeah, he (like most players on his team) aren't the most mentality strong players in the world. They have a tendency to get down on themselves and sink their heads during droughts, funks and what not. It's not that he's incapable of being a good leader, he's just not very vocal and falls short at leading-by-example sometimes.

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

That having been said, if we're playing this "2010-hypothetical-but-won't-happen" game, JJ would definitely be a solid and logical fit to pair next to Yao. His game is like T-Mac's in a lot of ways: good PnR player, fantastic playmaking skills, can score in a variety of ways (especially post ups) and has the athleticism/smarts to shut down somebody defensively when they want to.

JJ wouldn't have a problem deferring to Yao either. He's not a selfish, ego-driven player at all. And not that T-Mac is necessarily selfish, he just always had this "Imma git mine" mentality he brought to the table. JJ doesn't have any of that type of baggage.

JJ + Yao equals a solid double, maybe a triple. So to speak. Solid player, great fit but not quite a home run.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

seems like Miami fans taking a page from R.I.P. city fans with, "refs you suck" chants.

5. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

any links?

6. huflungpu

huflungpu Member

What is this BS

The refs just called two four point plays, the last one on a phantom foul.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

James "who" Jones looking like T-mac v spurs

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i know. refs def. giving the heat a lot of home cooking calls

9. huflungpu

huflungpu Member

They're f--ing them over big time. If they called that James Jones shot that Murray shot at the end should have also been a foul. Total crap, it's Bennett Salvatore - one of the "league men" surprise surprise.

10. t_mac1

and yea, joe johnson is VASTLY overrated. i'm tired of hearing how underrated he is.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

well at least that didn't happen in our game 1 in portland. Refs just giving away 4 point plays like rally towels.

Maurice Evans has a girly voice.

12. NafeesLACC

NafeesLACC Member

What a run by Miami, I thought Atlanta was going to control this game throughout.

13. t_mac1

wade is actually playing terrible tonight. he's missing everything; and most ofh is passes are awful and being bailed out by crazy shots by his teammates. he needs to play better if the heat are going to win

14. NafeesLACC

NafeesLACC Member

Worst game i've seen from Wade, jumping up on passes with no clear recipient

Shooting bricks left and right along with the fact he has FOUR fouls, he's playing like a human today.

15. NafeesLACC

NafeesLACC Member

BTW wade is hurt, because he had to be HELPED off the bench to get back into the game

16. Bookit

Bookit Member

Wade is a drama queen. He ALWAYS is hurt and comes in to save the day. :rolleyes:

17. NafeesLACC

NafeesLACC Member

Josh smith is a nutcase, he's like Lamar odom on hallucinogens

he a horrible shooter yet he keeps taking those shots when he is so effective down low near the box frustrating to watch.

18. t_mac1

he seems to be hurt at the right occassion. when he scores, he's moving just damn fine.

he's not limping at all so he's fine.

19. NafeesLACC

NafeesLACC Member

so your saying Wade is faking it for a bad performance?

20. ibm

ibm Member

wade's major in college was performing arts, i believe.